[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arnold claims he used to sleep 6 hours a day. Is it workable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 1450134707194.gif (20 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1450134707194.gif
20 KB, 633x758
Arnold claims he used to sleep 6 hours a day. Is it workable or bullshit from roid user?
>>
I've been getting 4-5 hours for a couple weeks now, feel fine.
>>
>>35709713
You still make gainz but 8 hours is healthier in the long run, probably make better gainz with 8 as you'll have correct hormone levels
>>
>>35709713
He also claimed he drank beer all the time.
Pro-tip: he's trolling.
>>
I max out at about 6 hours give or take a little every night. I feel marvelous.
>>
>>35709713
i used to be able to function perfectly with 4-5 hours of sleep a night. ever since i start lifting though i need 8, or else i feel like slow death molasses man the next day
>>
>>35709713
Honestly, the amount of sleep a person needs varies. One REM cycle lasts about 90 minutes for everyone so you should probably be sleeping in multiples of that, allowing for ~10minutes to fall asleep(if you're average). This means if he's the kind of person who does fine with lower levels it probably won't negatively affect him. Personally I need 7.5hours minimum, optimally 9. But an even more important part of this is to go to sleep and wake up at consistent hours to maintain your body's circadian rhythm (eg 11:20 - 7:00 everyday). Your body loves consistency of schedule more than anything when it comes to sleep.
>>
>>35709713
If I sleep only 6 hours I get diarrhea, cold sweats, an upset stomach and generally feel like fucking shit.

I don't know why but sleep deprivation seriously fucks my shit up, hard.

If you let me sleep I sleep 10-12h a night.
>>
Semi related, is the uberman sleep schedule legit or is it a troll?
>>
>>35711364
polyphasic sleep itself isn't a meme, but thinking reducing sleep to 2-3 hours a day in the form of 20-40minute naps is bullshit. Your body never has enough time to fully drop into REM sleep, which is necessary for mental and physical recovery. It's pretty damn telling that no one has been able to maintain a stressful schedule like it for more than one year.
>>
>>35709713
He was on gear, 6 hours was probably fine.

Also, 6hr + a nap doesn't count as 6 hours. You find that many CEOs that report getting 5-6 hours a night actually snag a 1-2 hour nap.
>>
I sleep a good 8 hours and it's never enough.
>>
>>35709713
not bullshit, ever since i could remember i've been consistently getting 5-6 hours maximum. my body automatically wakes up before 8 hours of sleep

it's different for everyone
>>
>>35709713
He said 6 hours if you want to be successful in life in general. He said 8 hours (in his bodybuilding book) if you want to be a successful bodybuilder.
>>
>>35709713

Average humans only need 6-9 hours a sleep a night to be healthy. Some can get by with 6 and feel perfectly fine and some need a full 9 to feel refreshed.

I can get 6-7 hours a sleep a night and still feel great. Even after months. Every great once in a while I will sleep like 10 (after pot brownies)
>>
>>35709753
This. Dude lied a lot. Says he likes to say ridiculous things to see people's reactions

The first thing he said to his future mother-in-law was "Your daughter has an amazing ass"
>>
>>35709713
I was getting 3 hours every night taking Zma. The last 3 days I stopped taking them and have been getting like 6 hours which is more than I have in many months.
>>
>>35711274
Same dude. my optimal sleep is 10-11 hours per night. I got 6 hours last night and felt like fucking shit in the morning. woke up feeling like a retarded sloth. didnt even have the motivation to climb out of bed and down some coffee. all i could think about was getting back in bed.
>>
>>35713723
alpha
>>
At least you guys don't have sleep apnea,its the fucking worst. I really got to get this shit fixed.
>sleep average of 9 hrs a day, 14-15 hrs on some days
>fall asleep at work the next day at 12-1pm
>start dozing off the minute you start driving anywhere
>if I stop doing something for 5 mins and sit down I'll fall asleep
>take an hour nap once I get home just because I can't help it
>still constantly on the verge of sleep all the time
>>
>>35713806
this makes me think i have sleep apnea. What are some symptoms?

I'm tired as fuck all the time even if I get 10 hours of sleep. Leave me alone and I'll sleep 12 or lay in bed for hours dozing. I wake up with dry as fuck mouth too becuase i think my body makes me breath out my mouth instead of my nose.
>>
>>35713806
>>35713823

Sounds like an iron deficiency to me
>>
>>35713853

t. broscientist
>>
>>35713853
I thought this too so i got some supplements but it didnt help B(
>>
>>35713823
Do you not care about anything? It might be depression.
>>
>>35713868
>t. broscientist
Feeling tired all the time is an extremely common symptom of being low in iron. Not exactly complicated shit bro.
>>
>>35713823
fatties at risk
>>
I've tried for 8 as I always feel like shit on 6 but my body just won't do it.
>>
>wake up at 3pm
>leave for work at 4
>work from 5-1:30am
>stay up playing vidya and jacking off to traps and cbt threads
>go to sleep at 7 am

Wtf am I doing with my life
>>
You need less sleep on gear. I remember I slept about 4-5 hours a night when I was roiding, and felt completely rested and got crazy gains
>>
I've been getting 5-6 a night for years since college. I don't feel "great", but not bad either. /fit/ says this will hurt my gains, but I have yet to gain willpower enough to go to be before 10(get up at 4 bc 1hr gym in morning, 1hr comnute, work at 7)
>>
>>35716251
you're doing it right anon
>>
>>35709733
>I've been getting 4-5 hours for a couple weeks now, feel fine.

This is my average for a couple of YEARS... Seriously, sleep until you get up... I just only need this much sleep, occasionally I will fuck and sleep all day on a lazy Saturday... but on normal days 4 -5 hours.
>>
I feel great with 6 hours. I feel shitty and get a headache if I sleep more than 7 hours
>>
I can tell you as a roid user that shit fucks with your sleep. They were using far fewer compounds in Arnold's day, but right now: Tren makes me sweat at night, t3 makes my body feel like napping every 3-4 hours, and prami makes me fall asleep but only for w few hours. A lot of people get weird dreams from things we take, too, but I have no experience with that.
>>
>>35709713
nod bull shit :D :D

sleeb ids 4 babbies D:D :D

i haev enuf time 2 sleeb when i die :DZ :D

*snibbs gogaine* :D
>>
>>35711274

Same dude. I need a lot of sleep. It's best to just accept it, like >>35711246 said consistency is the best thing in the end.

It makes me sad sometimes when I see friends who sleep the bare minimum and do fine, I'd love to be able to spend some hours doing random leisurely things. Ah well.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.