[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Keto a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: Western-pack-butter.jpg (705 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Western-pack-butter.jpg
705 KB, 2592x1944
>>
>>35708251
I eat 200g of salmon a day with tons of butter and other fat stuff and I'm getting leaner than before when I ate mostly carbs and protein without a lot of fat.
Just my experience
>>
the main problem with keto is your workouts will greatly suffer and the "adaptation" period can take a month or 2.
I personally tried it and gave up after 2 weeks since I was feeling like shit and my blood pressure was through the roof.
>>
>>35708302
The adaption phase is what I'm going through now, I'm always fucking lightheaded but I know my electrolytes are in order.
>>
Macros are a meme
>>
>>35708251
if you wanna lower your testosterone go for it.
Otherwise eat a balanced diet of protein, carbs and fat. Eat slow carbs, good fats, enough protein and get all your vitamins and minerals. Then you should be good.
>>
>>35708302
>adaptation takes a month or two

It's like 5 days tops m8
>>
>>35708251
my friend lost 100 pounds on Keto. he could have lost more if he didn't relapse into binge eating out of spite

another, less obese, more "overweight" friend of mine lost 20 pounds on it. I think she was like 150 and dropped to 130.
>>
File: doge_2.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
doge_2.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>35708317
>>
File: Atkins.png (23 KB, 447x350) Image search: [Google]
Atkins.png
23 KB, 447x350
>>35708316

>I'm always fucking lightheaded but I know my electrolytes are in order

You may be pissing them out too quickly. Keto is all about shedding water, your body's constantly flushing water out to try to get the ketones out of your blood
>>
File: Full potato.jpg (137 KB, 471x246) Image search: [Google]
Full potato.jpg
137 KB, 471x246
>>35708329
>if you wanna lower your testosterone go for it.
>>
>>35708330

Yeah you'll be running on ketones after only 2-3 days, but you'll still feel like shit and not have the "great energy and mental clarity" keto dudes claim to have
>>
File: words to live by.png (20 KB, 521x422) Image search: [Google]
words to live by.png
20 KB, 521x422
>>35708251
yes.

fatties can lose weight without counting calories, so they think it is a good way to lose weight.

restrictive dieting is a shit, though

keto doesn't help with weight loss
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234

plus, at a low bodyfat, carbs are essential for maintaining hormone function... just as much as fats are, some people anecdotally report them as MORE important than fats
www.anabolicmen.com/carbohydrates-testosterone/

if you are at 20% or higher, you can keto.

if you aren't fat, avoid it like the plague
>>
>>35708251
I'm sure there are a hundred people with anecdotes they could tell you, so feel free to discard mine if you'd like.

A few years ago, when I first found /fit/, I was a long haul trucker desperate to not become one of the orbs of fat I often saw at truck stops. After some research and deliberation, I switched my diet over to keto. Seeing as I was in a semi truck with no access to a kitchen, I had a very restricted diet. Mainly processed meats, cheeses, Atkins bars, that kind of shit. I stuck with it as best I could, kept working out as I was able - trucks don't have a ton of space for weights, and I didn't have any racks it anything - and tallied up my results after about two months.

I had lost about 35 pounds and all my lifts had gone up. There was a very noticeable difference in my appearance. At the time, I had a morbidly obese gf who went on it as well. She went from over 300lb to about 210.

So no, it's not a meme. But it is different for different people. For example, I can really only do it when I'm eating mostly processed shit. She, on the other hand, has a much larger range of food she can eat. Also, I take about a week of headaches to go into keto, whereas she only takes about three days and doesn't even notice the headaches that cripple me.

So no, not a meme, but not great for everyone either.
>>
>>35708330
Took me about a week.
>>
it works because it's a good way to manage your hunger and calories at the same time

the ketosis bs doesn't really matter.
>>
>>35708379
he is 100% correct, though.

many feel carbs > fats.

you think it is wrong because you are a fatfuck who has never been under 10% bodyfat
>>
>>35708411
I should probably add to this that while my gf was obese, I was in the normal range for bmi
>>
File: fat fucks can't count calories.png (208 KB, 878x3000) Image search: [Google]
fat fucks can't count calories.png
208 KB, 878x3000
>it works only for fatfucks too lazy to count calories

>>35708411
>when i was a fatfuck, i lost 35 pounds without counting calories.

and that is why the meme won't die.

fat fucks are lazy.
>>
>>35708448
Are you legally retarded?

>>35708433
>>
>>35708488
you can still qualify as obese even at a "normal" bmi
>>
File: BMI concordancy.jpg (76 KB, 674x398) Image search: [Google]
BMI concordancy.jpg
76 KB, 674x398
>>35708488
>>
>>35708421
fat is important too though. Important for tes personally my body runs good on 1:1 carbs:fats , rest protein.
>>
>>35708510
>22% of men are bmi not obese, but are bodyfat obese

So, you're banking on me being in what is far and away the minority of the population? You should probably not gamble anytime soon.

Yes, it is a possibility, but I didn't fit into that particular category. Perhaps the reason keto keeps coming up isn't because a bunch of lazy fatasses cling to it so much as it is a bunch of retards shout it down.

Anyhow, for what it's worth OP, my gf has continued to lose weight since then, and I have kept the fat off as well. So it isn't necessarily a yoyo thing if you actually make a change after you hop off of it.
>>
>>35708358
This picture isnt funny, that dog has obviously abused, delete it
>down boat
>>
>>35708583
>
angry vegetarian detected
>>
>>35708550
>muh fat is essential
>muh sterols
Fuck off fat fuck, any diet will have enough fat
>>
Fat is a meme. The essential fatty acid requirement is satisfied at ~1% of total calories. For a 2000 calorie diet, that's 1.2g of DHA+EPA+ALA and 1.2g AA+DGLA+LA.
>>
so is it better to do keto or a balanced diet with a deficit? I've lost 90 pounds with about 50 more to go and I've hit a plateau and just want to lose the rest already.
>>
>>35709055
You can try keto. But if you're plateauing on a diet, I don't think it will do you a ton of good in the long run unless you can stick to the calories you adjusted to during keto.
>>
>>35708987
Sucks that I like to eat a western diet.
>>
>>35709096
Yeah I've been trying keto but I don't think it's going to work, i've tried and failed keto several times I figured just adjusting my calories and doing that again would be the best since i lost 90 pounds.

I was just curious if Keto was better in any way but I hear a lot that the best diet is the one you can stick with.
>>
>>35708572
>So, you're banking on me being in what is far and away the minority of the population?
correct.

like 99.999999% chance you were fat as fuck.
>>
>>35708600
he is also right.

fats and carbs are just as important as preotein

you too, have never maintained a low %
http://www.anabolicmen.com/fats-and-testosterone/

>>35709119
keto is shit if you aren't at a high fat % (20 or more)
>>
>>35708251
you should do keto if you're obese
otherwise just do a normal cut or IF or something
>>
>>35709222
IF is king

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I016cg8kdh8
>>
>>35709182
Based on what? Come on, m8, this has basically devolved into you just calling names now.
>>
>>35708583
Reddit pls go.
>>
>>35709253
fat logic and keto advocacy.

if you were under 20% fat when you started keto, i will an hero on cam
>>
>>35708401
>www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234
>noone read the study.

keto is useless.
>>
File: breaddit.png (483 KB, 1232x605) Image search: [Google]
breaddit.png
483 KB, 1232x605
>>35708251

>tfw considering keto and happy i found this bread
>>
>>35709209
im 6'1 and 250 pounds so im easily at high fat.
>>
File: zizzle.jpg (6 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
zizzle.jpg
6 KB, 248x250
>>35708251
the only thing i got from trying keto was an involuntary colon cleanse
>>
>>35709394
>>35709394
you could do keto, if you are too lazy to track calories.

it will work for a while..

you will want to up carb intake once you start to approach a healthy weight

nonrestrictive dieting is so much easier and healthier though...

i highly recommend just doing IF instead.
>>
>>35709424
I'm not too lazy to count calories I was just wondering what might be more effective. I think IF/counting calories would work better for me. Thanks for the input anon much appreciated.
>>
>>35709424
Couldnt you just do both? Skip out on the carbs and still fast?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.