[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: image20160121-18601-pd705d.jpg (34 KB, 350x390) Image search: [Google]
image20160121-18601-pd705d.jpg
34 KB, 350x390
None in the catalogue
>>
For RDL - I can have the bb touch the ground without rounding my back. Is this okay to do or should I stick with just below my knees? I also don't do anything with my arms, they just hang, is this okay too? I feel it only slightly in my lower back, but mostly in my hamstrings and glutes.
>>
Why would you not take creatin when cutting?
>>
Hey /fit/ how come when i do leg raises i dont get the same "burning" sensation as when i do situps. I was told leg raises was a tougher exercise than situps. I still get tired from leg raises mind you, i just dont get that burning sensation in my abs.
>>
Yo /fit/ how come no matter how strong we become we will never be able to actually grab ourselves and lift ourselves from the ground.
>>
Just found out I can't lift for half a year (injured).

I'm devastated because it's the only thing I enjoy and I'm obviously gonna look like a skinny fat shit after 6 months and have to start all over again.

Can anyone cheer me up?
>>
>>35707992
Make sure you're using your abs to lift your legs, not forcing them up with momentum or arching your back too much
>>
Yesterday I bought creatine. Tomorrow I have my workout at 8 am, when should I take it in order for it to work? Also, how do I avoid the bloatedness that creatine causes?
>>
Can i use clen and anavar with a clomid pct to effectively cut without using an injectible? I really dont want to use needles. Also, fraud wouldnt answer, which is why i am here.
>>
File: backskeleton.jpg&f=1.jpg (35 KB, 356x425) Image search: [Google]
backskeleton.jpg&f=1.jpg
35 KB, 356x425
When I do DL I feel pain here, what does it mean? What can I do?
>>
>>35708040
Doesn't matter when, just take it consistently. You will not notice anything (apart from a few days of runny shits) for at least a week or two.

The bloatedness that creatine causes is due to water weight, since you need to increase your water consumption to about 4-5L a day on it. Doing cardio helps.
>>
Question for people on test: how have your mentality/mood/focus/thinking patterns been altered?
>>
>>35708079
Google SI Joint pain
>>
File: IMG_20160120_170719.jpg (513 KB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160120_170719.jpg
513 KB, 1564x1564
>>35708009
Top kek m8
>>
>>35708106
Thank you, so should I start today even if it is my rest day and its only 3 pm here?
>>
I have a lot of pain, like electricity in my forearm near my wrist (on the thumb's side) when I do OHP and now even with some other exercices and very light OHP.
How can I fix it and what should I do please. It's really depressing to get stuck at OHP and now I can't even do it anymore.
>>
>>35708025
a half year is nothing in a lifespan
this is just a small setback that you wont even remember in three years
chin up anon, you're gonna make it

also what injury? is there no form of light exercise you can do?
>>
>>35708208
Get somebody to touch the barbell during your OHP without their shoes on next time you do it, just to eradicate any chabcda you're generating your own electricity.
>>
>>35708195
Yeah, start whenever, doesnt matter till after you get over the hump. Take it with coffee, tea, hot water with honey, anything: tastes like sea water plain, and it incorporates better with heat or else you get a gritty texture.
>>
>>35708232
kek
I mean like something similar with the nerve, no Idea how to call it.
Anyways I'm sorry that english is my fourth language fucktard
>>
Why does my butt bleed when I poop and how do I make it stop. It's not painful in any way just annoying af.

Don't say wipe more gently, I do.
>>
>>35708183
hey why not though?
>>
>>35708227
Herniated disc. Sharp pain all over my back, down my legs, etc. Will take long af to go away.
>>
>>35708009
I lost
and so soon in the threa

kekm8
>>
>>35708463
how did you self inflict this?
>>
>>35708451
because you need a surface to provide support so you can exert something
if you are even moderately fit you can easily lift yourself off the ground by sitting on the ground and pushing yourself up with your hands
>>
>>35708481
Don't even know, sharp pain just started in my left hip weeks ago, out of nowhere and after some walking turned intense.

Thought it went away maybe 3 weeks back, worked out, and pain came back this time in the form of duller pulsing pains in random areas along my whole legs, down to toes. Around arms too.

Fuck my life
>>
>>35708439
Google hemorrhoids
>>
/fit/ approved cook books?
>>
Trying to add some chest size, is the butterfly machine AKA pec deck a good exercise to add?

Already doing 3x5 flat bench and 3x8-12 db or cable flyes
>>
Where to buy good thick belts online that ship internationally? If only Amazon and ebay can ship them what brands should I be looking at? Are there bad belts even though they are 10 mm thick or thicker?
>>
>>35708563
I thought those were supposed to be painful though?
>>
Bent over rows - pronated or supinated grip?
>>
Can I substitute bench pressing with dB bench pressing , incline bench, face pulls or some combination of the three
>>
are there any benefits of doing squats without the pussy pad?
>>
>>35708723
You're right. It's AIDS.

RIP you ;_;
>>
Why does ss have 3x5 for everything but 1x5 for deads?
What can I do to supplement my deads? Every lift is going up rapidly but DL I even squat more.
Also once I've done ss for 3 months how do I know what mid routine to do? I'm not really sure if I want to lift for strength or aasthetics
>>
Hey /fit/, little personal question regarding sugar: How do I moderate my intake when surrounded by it? Personal details below.

I'm a confectioner (or candy/pastry/sweets maker), or I used to be. I work at a bakery (bread mostly) now.

A year and a half ago I weighed myself and came up with an obese BMI. I was plenty active, and I had maintained a good weight as a kid/teen, but I was just eating too much sugar. (easy to do with my line of work. )

So I made life changes, lost weight, ect. Hell I even took a job that paid less (general bakery work vs a specialty craft. ) to get myself away from sugar. I'm now a proper weight and I even picked up lifting because honestly I enjoy it.

You see my wife ( Culinary arts student, looking to be a chef) wants to have a child. I could really use the extra money working in my field would bring me. Issue is you have to taste test things as you go, and your surrounded by the stuff all the time.

I also miss eating sweets. I learned this craft because it's my passion. However I don't trust myself around sugar at all. And it all comes down to one thing:

I have no idea what is an appropriate amount of sugar, or how long something sweet should last.

Example:

Let's say I bought a box of sugary cereal. (Fruit Loops or whatever) How long should a normal sized box last a person?

If I make a batch of taffy, how long should that last me and my wife?

If I make a dozen cupcakes, how long should that last?

I have no idea. I simply don't know how to moderate sugar intake at all. I lost weight by cutting it out of my life. Before hand I just ate sweets whenever I cared to.

TL;DR: What is an appropriate amount of sweets/confections to eat, and how often should eating them be spaced out?
>>
What are some good things to work in with toasted oats, yes they must be toasted because holy shit non toasted suck.
>>
>>35709321
>What is an appropriate amount of sweets/confections to eat
None. Good luck breh. Thanks for the blog post
>>
>>35709321
look up calorie and sugary content for the shit you're eating and look up how much you should be eating every day
count that shit and you'll be alright, you can taste test however much you want as long as you count it towards your intake so you can compensate by eating less when off work. just restrict yourself to just tasting occasionally, not full on eating treats and pastries as you can easily exceed your sugar intake

dont worry if you cant count exactly, just overestimate everything a little

if you started working out it would also be easier to maintain your weight
>>
>>35709321
>>35709420
now, to answer your examples, it doesnt really matter what a "normal" person eats
just count your calories and sugar and make sure it doesnt exceed your daily allowance

i could tell you my own eating habits for sweets though, generally i only eat sweets as a snack at around 4 pm and maybe again as a dessert, so i would eat 2 cupcakes a day at most
cereal i just eat one bowl in the morning so a box would last about a week i guess, depending on the size of the box

im 6ft 170lbs for reference
>>
There was a grill doing a squat-overhead press yesterday. What's that called? I thought pressing behind the head was bad? She would highbar squat and when she came up did a push press in one fluid motion.
>>
What are some good chest hypertrophy exercises?
>>
how does cutting bulking work? are you supposed to bulk to a certain bf/weight or just a certain amount of time?
>>
>>35709718
Behind the neck thruster, I guess?
>>
Tips for Texas Method while cutting?
>>
what's a good video to learn squats? should i do both lowbar and highbar? is buttwink actually a problem and can i fix it? i'm 6'3 so my legs are long as fuck
>>
>>35709829
Depends on your goals. I like the approach of setting approximate upper and lower bodyfat percentage cutoffs and planning around that.

>>35709819
Depends on your routine.

>>35708808
Deadlift form breaks down relatively quickly at high weight, so going for higher reps can be an issue. Conventional deads also have a lot of overlap with the low bar squat, which is the primary focus on SS. Think of the deadlift as an accessory to it.

>>35708765
Bar balance.

>>35708761
Dumbbells can replace barbell bench, assuming you have access too heavy ones. They have their own set of pros and cons.

>>35708740
Depends. Slightly different emphases in the arms and back for both.

>>35708660
Pec deck is similar to flies. Both focus on working the pecs while taking triceps/anterior delts out of the lift.

>>35707954
There's no reason you can't.

>>35707712
RDL isn't meant to reach the ground. In particularly flexible individuals, you may have to stand on an elevated surface to continue the ROM.

As long as you're maintaining a lordotic or neutral spine, you can go lower.
>>
>>35709819
F L Y E S
L
Y
E
S
>>
So I just changed from SL5x5 (with added excercises) to PPL and everytime I reach the 7-. rep it feels like I have no power left at all. The weight doesn't feel heavy and the first 7 reps are easy but then is suddenly hard as fuck. I'm supposed to do 12 reps (even 20) and literally had to laugh in the gym about how ridicilous the weights I know lift are.

TL;DR: When will I get used to the volume and higher rep range?
>>
Will only only doing an EC stack once a day (200mg caffiene, 1 tab of bronkaid) still have any effects? I find it stimulates me too much in the afternoon and makes it hard to sleep.
>>
>>35710123
It definitely could. It seriously gave me anxiety and super irritable when I took it regardless of dosage. You can try it out for yourself but be very cautious.
>>
>>35710078

I went from SL to a slightly higher volume workout and it should poop you out pretty quick. I'd say it took me a couple of weeks to adjust. Keep in mind if you're doing 12 reps you might have to bring down weight you're used to using quite a bit.
>>
>>35710140

Yeah, asking because hotandfit recommends a gradual dosage until your popping 200mg caffiene and one bronkaid three times a day. I followed her schedule but it still made it hard to sleep.
>>
What should I do if I can curl x lbs with my right hand but (x - 5) lbs with my left hand? Should I stop adding weight to my right hand until I can curl x lbs with my left hand? Or should I work them out differently at different weights?
>>
is rice actually bad? I see all these memes about not eating carbs but then I see fit people that eat chicken broccoli and rice with every meal.

Basically, can I eat rice with every meal? I usually do rice/chicken/broccoli or salmon/rice/spinach
>>
>>35710156
Another thing that could help is taking caffeine 6 hours before you usually sleep. That way it'll be completely out of your system. You'll also start waking up earlier.
>>
Can you get doms in your whole back after squats and rows or did I fuck up
>>
What is a good goal for weighted pull ups and dips? I just started adding weight and enjoying the progression.
>>
>>35710171
If it fits your macros do whatever you want.
>>
File: 1449841832689.png (146 KB, 323x302) Image search: [Google]
1449841832689.png
146 KB, 323x302
My stupid sister got a fitness trainer instead of researching online. She wants "fast results".
How fucked is she?
>>
File: 1445885114218.jpg (31 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1445885114218.jpg
31 KB, 426x341
Swimming on off days won't negatively affect muscle recovery right

I'm doing SS and fridays are already fucking brutal
>>
>>35710142
Ok thanks!
>>
>>35710194
Just make sure you're eating enough to offset the cardio
>>
If you could only buy either a leg press or else a rowing machine, which would you pick?
>>
>>35710191
she's not gonna make it.
>>
>>35710218
Rowing machine, leg press is only good for one exercise, rowing machine can at least be used for two.
>>
>>35708761
if subbing barbell bp with dumbbell bp for low reps you might need a gymbro just to get the dumbbells into position
>>
>>35710202

oops i fell for the meme
>>
File: 1427319799961.png (16 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1427319799961.png
16 KB, 560x407
does Jerky count as junk food
>>
File: 1432688677571.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1432688677571.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>>35710219
I told her that and recommended some female Youtubers that were legit, and even made here a macro diet.
>They're Asian I want a white trainer
>I hate to break it to you but all the white fitness female youtubers are crazy vegans
>Recommends Scooby then
>EWWWW HE IS GROSS LOOKING
>mfw
>>
>>35710344
What, is your girlfriend fucking racist?

>>35710264
If its coated in sauce and salt, yet. If its fairly unaltered, it's honestly not a bad snack.
>>
File: 1446901910951.jpg (195 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446901910951.jpg
195 KB, 1280x720
>>35710344

>They're Asian I want a white trainer
>EWWWW HE IS GROSS LOOKING

don't bother chief she clearly doesn't actually care
>>
>>35710353
My sister is pretty racist. She dated only white men and even worn Confederate flags on her belt and class ring.

Recommend the same shit to my mom and she said the same exact thing. Though I think my mom might of thought I recommended Asians is because I watch anime since she isn't racist and wanted someone relateable I guess.
>>
Does your dick grow bigger if you lose weight?
>>
>>35710413
Don't try to fix someone who insists on staying broken anon. If they want to let racism get in their way, fuck 'em. Let them be miserable and protect the gene pool.
>>
>>35710424
There's less fat around your pelvis to hide your dick. If you're obese or heavier, losing weight can reveal an inch or so just because you don't have so much fat. If you're just kinda overweight it won't change much.
>>
>>35710228
Rowing machine it is then.

Once I get this home gym set up I'll never have to force myself to interact with people outside of work again.
>>
>>35710507
anon, why even bother with a machine if you're getting a home gym?
>>
What do people "in the know" think about that wellness nutrition fitness network that Lobliner was shilling? Is it basically paying a premium for American quality and a prescription? Shit looks expensive as hell.
>>
File: ss (2015-05-29 at 02.19.47).jpg (60 KB, 523x560) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-05-29 at 02.19.47).jpg
60 KB, 523x560
Looking to buy my first belt, I've heard Inzer is the way to go

any other brand recommendations?
>>
>>35710559
LOLbliner is a shill in general.

>>35710181
They're a compound lifts, treat them as such. You can progress them in a similar fashion to bench press or rows.

>>35710180
It's not unreasonable. Sharp pain is a bad sign though.

>>35710163
Work them at the same weight. Strength imbalances are normal for arms, one usually has to play catch up.
>>
>>35710517
Because I'm the kind of person that would be motivated to use it every day just so as not to feel like I'd wasted my money, if that makes sense. Like when you're in a hurry and buy a sandwich on the go because you're starving, and even though it tastes like shit and makes you want to retch you eat it anyway because you spent money on it, regardless of how much you hate every second of it.

Also because I have some spare space that I need to fill.
>>
>>35710647
don't bother with a machine. Get a squat rack and a bench. You'll get way more use out of it.
>>
Has anyone here at least been slightly turned on by their own bod?
>>
>>35710712
I'll stop dieting when I look at myself and think

>no homo tho
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>35707692
What the fuck is this thing?
>>
>>35710712
I've literally fapped to pictures of my own dick

What does this mean?
>>
>>35707954

Water weight retention. But you still can take it, you may just look bloated at first.
>>
Got a free thing of creatine with my protein, no real problems from just trying it out for a short bit right?

Also water consumption, I drink roughly 3l a day if you don't count coffee, that should keep me ahead right?
>>
>>35710671
I was actually already planning to, but I was just thinking about additional stuff I could get that would fit in the approx 100 square feet of usable space I've got to work with in my shed.

I've already got dumbbells and an old cross trainer from when I was a fatty (part of the reason I don't like going to the gym) and I was thinking of getting perhaps the following.

>Power rack with lat pull attachment.
>A bench, obviously.
>A barbell with a couple hundred pounds worth of weights.
>A pull-up bar.
> Rowing machine or leg press.

There's probably better alternatives I could get, or stuff I've forgotten, but that selection seems like it'd see me clear for a while. I don't really care about how much it costs.
>>
>>35710712
I'd totally fuck a clone of myself, if that's what you're asking. I'd even let him top first because I'm considerate like that.
>>
File: 1453252447502.jpg (493 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1453252447502.jpg
493 KB, 1280x1920
>talking to girl
>snapchat her pic of me at gym
>she keeps asking me how much i lift
>don't wanna tell her afraid that it'll look like im bragging so i go with funny answers instead
>she keeps asking
what do? i'm strong by normie standards
>>
>>35710964
Just tell her. Stark, no attitude or ego. Let her reply and then make with the funny.
>>
File: Rafael-dos-Anjos.jpg (79 KB, 645x370) Image search: [Google]
Rafael-dos-Anjos.jpg
79 KB, 645x370
>>35707692
how do I 155lb lightweight champion mode?
>>
>>35711030
get your face smashed in by mcgregor
>>
File: swegs.jpg (198 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
swegs.jpg
198 KB, 1600x1600
Muh gym just got a barbell (finally) and I can't wait to do some T-bar rows and dealifts

>mfw they dont have pic related

what can I use instead? hold the bar itself? anything I can make/buy and bring with me for back training?
>>
>>35710902
Would recommend getting dip bar attachments for the power rack. Also a weight belt.
>>
>>35711054
If Conor wants a 2nd belt he should move to the women's division because that's the closest he'll get to it.
>>
>>35711059
you could maybe buy the handle? or ask if they have one in the back or are gonna get one
>>
Are you guys sure fat spot reduction doesn't exist/work? Why the fuck is all my fat stored in my ass if I'm a guy and my bf is low? My belly is flat af and I still got a fat fucking ass, am I just unlucky or is there something I can do about it?
>>
>>35711090
>what are glutes
>>
>>35711117
but it's fucking fatter than the rest by far
>>
>>35711090
If spot reduction was a thing, all fat people would have thin faces.

Fat patterning varies from person to person. If you have a really fat ass, chances are you aren't as lean as you think you are.

>>35710884
Should be fine, just keep in mind creatine's effects are best when you have saturation, which that trial sample probably won't give you.

>>35710824
Looks like some sort of lat machine.
>>
>>35711137
Post booty
>>
>>35711160
no, just imagine a slightly smaller assbra with more defined upper body
>>
Can I get decent lats with just bodyweight exercises? What would you recommend?
>>
>>35711192
HNNNG

pls post bum. You must share it with the world, senpai.
>>
>>35711212
I'm not a fag
>>
>>35707692
Is the use of a foam roller for self massage worth the price when compared to massaging yourself with your thumbs/tennis ball etc.?
>>
I want to start improving my body. I'm mostly interested in aesthetics. What route should I go? I'm kind of fat at 5'6" or 1.67m and ~145 pounds or 65.7kg. I want to try SS but I've read that it's only effective if you are at a calorie surplus. Should I just lose weight and then do SS + GOMAD or should I try out SS while cutting calories?
>>
>>35711198
pull ups
>>
>>35711232
I bought my 36" foam roller for $12 and I don't regret it at all

feels great and much easier than using a tennis ball, especially on the back
>>
when i do ab wheel my back hurts after. am i gping too low or what?
>>
>>35711231
So? We're all bros here bro
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1453424877911-1-1.jpg (486 KB, 2560x790) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1453424877911-1-1.jpg
486 KB, 2560x790
What do these numbers mean?
>>
>>35711411
>TDEE
how many calories you burn per day including walking around, doing work, etc

>BMR
the amount of calories you burn just being alive eg if you lied down and didn't move at all for 24 hours
>>
>>35711319
Ok thanks, that's what I'd figured from watching youtube vids.
where did you get it? I saw one for $21 (Canada) at walmart, but that seemed too much for foam on a plastic tube.
>>
>>35711411
they mean youre a manlet
>>
>>35711442
I got mine from fitness depot (also canada). the guy said that the $12 one I got will deform after awhile, but I've used it for months at 240lb and it seems fine

the ones from retail stores and amazon were all like $25
>>
>>35711443
Duh
>>
>>35711430
How do these co-exist in my diet?
>>
>>35709944
>RDL isn't meant to reach the ground. In particularly flexible individuals, you may have to stand on an elevated surface to continue the ROM.

>As long as you're maintaining a lordotic or neutral spine, you can go lower.

When warmed up, I can place the palms of my hands on the floor. I'll try standing on some plates next time. I don't get a stretch or feel my hams activate if I just go to my knees.
>>
Until recently whenever i do dumbbell shoulder presses my left arm kinda gives in and i get an uneasy feeling in something like a string in my shoulder. Am i fucked?
>>
File: image.jpg (833 KB, 2009x1960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
833 KB, 2009x1960
Does this look like the beginning of a bald spot? I'm only 18 which is worrying
>>
>>35711238
pls reply
>>
>>35711080
Sounds like a plan, thanks.
>>
>>35711522
>How do these co-exist in my diet?
no idea what you mean

if you're asking why they're so close despite one including no physical activity vs the other which does, it's because you're probably inactive and don't expend many additional calories

a marathon might burn 2600 calories, and I'd be surprised if the average person walks 2.6 miles a day
>>
>>35711238

Depends on your starting weight. If you are overweight, you should cut first and lift. SL or SS, even if you plan on aesthetics, you need a strong base and those programs will give you that.

If you're underweight, then eat at a surplus and lift, when you stall on the programs then go for an aesthetics routine.

And read the fucking sticky, feel like I wasted my time typing this.
>>
>>35711472
Cool, thanks! I'll check it out
>>
>>35711238
>5'6" or 1.67m and ~145 pounds
a-are you a grill
>>
What are healthy high calorie foods? I'm only 105 pounds and want to start working out and bulking, but I can barely eat enough in a day to even maintain my weight. I'm just never hungry. Are there any tips to be more hungry? I think the main thing holding me back is I just don't know to eat, I usually just eat fruits and yogurt throughout the day
>>
>>35711614
no, just a manlet.
>>
>>35711628
my condolences

desu 145 isn't that bad, so I'd probably go straight to lifting and change your diet so you're hitting 145g protein a day

gomad is for skellys and cutting first is for hamplanets, but you're neither so just go and start making gains
>>
>>35711648
Great to hear, thanks.
>>
1. Is strawberry jam roly poly myprotein shake meant to have bits in it? (This shit was a waste of money, stick to chocolate smooth kids.)
2. I think I know the answer to this but wanna clarify: do both biceps exercises (normal and hammer) target both of the biceps heads, with one exercise hitting one head better than the other?
>>
Is it normal for your hand to get sore from fapping?

How do I fix this?
>>
>>35711739
Don't fap for hours. If you think you'll last longer in a vagina if you last longer with your hand, i have some bad news for you
>>
>>35711619
Eat meat
>>
Is it possible to get elbow tendonitis from squatting low-bar?

I think I was supporting the bar with my arms and now one is fucked and the other a little sore. It went from pretty okay, to one session of tucking them under more leaving them worse, then the next giving me excruciating pain and no grip strength.

Would this also be related to an odd pain in both arms where pushing down with a partially extended elbow (like supporting your upper body on a flat bench while dumbbell rowing) doesn't hurt while the weight is there, then pain once I stand up?
>>
>>35711648
>eating 145g protein with moderate bf%

god you memers are getting more stupid by the day
>>
>>35711619
why even ask this retarded question when you answer it yourself

decrease:
>fruit
>yoghurt

increase:
>meat
>complex carbs
>>
>>35710630
thank you good sir

may you break a pr this week
>>
Avacados during cutting? y/n
>>
>>35712082
Yes but count your calories.
>>
File: Lower-body-muscles-diagram.jpg (62 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
Lower-body-muscles-diagram.jpg
62 KB, 500x630
So I started squatting with this program I'm on (Reg park beginner routine)

No matter how much I stretch and warm up, use light weight, etc. it always seems to be hurting in the area circled in pic related.

Like even when I'm not doing squats it hurts to bend down and shit. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>35712082
If it doesn't break your calories, sure.

>>35711974
Yes, it's possible, and not uncommon. Your arms should be supporting/balancing the bar on your back, not bearing the weight.

>>35711733
Emphasizing bicep heads is more a matter of shoulder position than grip.

The main difference between supinated and hammer grip for a curl is brachialis involvement.

>>35711564
Maybe, maybe not. Seeing your hairline/temples would give a better idea.
>>
>>35712180
How would you suggest one places their elbows to balance it correctly? I have rear delts large enough to form a shelf fairly easily, but sticking my elbows right back in rippetoe style causes me to fall forward much more coming out of the hole. I was planning on getting wrist wraps fairly soon anyway, do they also help?
>>
>>35707692
Let's say given an identical time frame, could be 2 or more years, would it be easier to go from skinny to muscular or fat to muscular?
>>
>>35711733
you bought myprotein whey, you deserve it fuckwit
>>
>>35711564
are you starting to shed more hair than usual? that should be your first question

logic. we have brains for a reason
>>
>>35712056
you didn't understand the main problem
>tips or ways for staying hungry

Even if I eat meat, I can't eat a lot of it because I get too full
>>
>>35707692
At what point are you a natty?
>Can you eat chicken raised with steroids and antibiotics?
>Can you eat protien powder?
>Can you eat creatine?
is "Natural" up for interpretation or is there a definite limit. Like if I raised chickens and turkeys and only fed them organic seed, and they are my meat source, etc.
Where does one draw the "natural" line (if one even can).
Personally, I use protein powder and creatine but not steroids. I wouldn't call that natural, though.
>>
>>35708009
>2016
>not being able to lift-levitate
>newfag
>>
>>35708025
Lift with all the parts that aren't broken, faggot. I have sporadic paralysis in my legs, and i still lift and do cardio. Find a way, and quit being a gay little baby.
>>
>>35707692
How does /fit/ work out their back muscles and glutes?
>>
>>35712320
Purposefully using exogenous hormones. Creatine and protein are just dietary/energy things.

Please don't tell people you aren't natty if they ask, and then tell them you use creatine, you'll look like a faggot
>>
>>35712169
Post a form check

Is it on the front of the hip? At the top of the leg?
Hip flexor stretch leading to a couch/death stretch EVERY DAY. Anterior pelvic tilt is my guess

Of course, if it's bad you should see a doctor

>>35712244
It's easier to start skinny. If you lift and start eating you will pack on muscle
You cannot turn fat into muscle

>>35711974
Rest
Then experiment with your elbow position

I used to have this problem and, like many, tried pointing my elbows down to pull the bar down
It did and still does work better for me to wrench my elbows upwards

Either way, make sure your back is tight as fuck all the time and try taking a wider grip

>>35711385
You aren't keeping your abs engaged
You need to avoid arching your back, it's not a stretch.
Literally first result youtube.com/watch?v=PwqJTPsI6i0

>>35711059
>gym doesn't have a barbell
What the fuck
>>
>>35712320
General consensus for "natty" is training without the use of some sort of anabolic or peptide.

The only time there are hard restrictions are in federations where they completely ban specific substances. For example, ephedrine is a commonly used weight loss supplement, but is banned in several competitions.

>>35712272
Raising activity tends to make people more hungry.

From a food standpoint, one way to sort of get around a small appetite is to introduce calorie dense foods into your diet. Things like peanut butter, olive oil, whole milk, etc.

For example, adding just 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the typical 3 meals a day eating pattern is an additional ~600 calories.

>>35712237
Elbow placement, torso lean, and grip width are going to vary a bit from person to person based on anthropometry and flexibility.

If sticking your elbows straight back causes pain, don't do it. As long as your arms/hands keep your back tight and the bar securely across your back, it should be fine.
>>
>>35712430
>make sure your back is tight as fuck

I'll try focusing on this. I feel like pointing the arms down just forces your back to be tight, but it's not necessary as long as I actually think about the back itself
>>
>>35712381
Squats
Deadlifts
Pullups
Rows
These should all be staples

More rows
Cleans
GHR
Glute bridges
>>
>>35712430
>Is it on the front of the hip? At the top of the leg?
Well I feel it's like where the joint is. a bit of both I guess.

I do the flexor stretches for like 10-15 minutes, but idk.

How do I do a form check?
>>
>>35712452
>If sticking your elbows straight back causes pain, don't do it
Nah, the pain isn't from elbows back, that was what I was doing more previously, but suffering more from a squat-morning type thing. Sticking my elbows down and closer grip helped a lot with my back tightness, but evidently I was supporting the weight with my forearms. Like I said here >>35712459

I'll just focus on keeping back tight and bar on my delts, and ensure that I'm not getting any weight on my arms
>>
>>35712485
Another decent cue to avoid using your arms is to keep your wrists and hands above the bar. It's part of why a thumbless grip works well with low bar.
>>
>>35709477
2 cupcakes a day is too much for losing weight, imo, and perhaps just right if you're eating them before a workout to sortof energize/ get a burst of blood glucose, just make sure you count the calories of everything you eat, always. Pay attention to your macros no matter how much your buddies make fun of you (they are literally gains goblins if they are making fun of you for counting calories and watching your macros, everyone in my life is supportive, because im assertive about it).
>>
>>35712474
Get a video from the side
Then post it

If you think it is the hip flexor, look into couch/death stretch, like I said.
Focus on strengthening and activating glutes as well. Do a hip flexor stretch. Then do 10 glute bridges. Fucking hold a glute bridge for as long as you time. Then do more death stretch. Repeat
Don't neglect your quads or hammies either

If it's something else and you are in pain, seek professional medical help or a physio or something. It's not easy to diagnose on the internet and most people don't know shit anyways

>>35712485
I'm the other guy that tried replying to you
Just going to reiterate one of my lines that I realize now I did not give enough emphasis here >>35712430
>It did and still does work better for me to wrench my elbows upwards
I use elbows up. Occasionally I find myself having my elbows come down for the tighter back and I literally have to think about reinforcing the elbows up.
I used to have squat morning issues too but it went away once I got stronger. Consider a deload and work back up properly if you're going to try this approach

Always consider posting a form check. I agree with what tripidae is telling you, just adding my .02
>>
>>35710171
eating WHOLE GRAIN rice is a complex carb(i.e. slower release of sugar into blood, read the sticky again if confused). Just realize how many calories of it you're eating/track your macros/etc.
>>
>>35712581
I'll do that soon, It just kind of hurts to do a squat motion. I think I was probably stretching wrong. Like I would only focus on quads.
>>
>>35712509
>>35712581
Cheers. Seeing as I'm forced into deloading anyway, I might just pull my squat in-line with my front-squat and build it back up from there, will probably fix my squat-morning too.
>>
>>35712633
Make sure you are, indeed, performing the stretch correctly as well
Shoulders in line with hips. Start slow (pre stretch), then go more, then more. Push glute forwards
>>
I got a stretch mark on my left armpit shoulder area. Then it grew and for a red spot from where it stretched more. Hold me Bros. Anyways what can I do to heal/prevent it from getting bigger? My mom told me to use coconut oil on it and take vitamin E
>>
To those who are in the military, has joining had a positive or negative influence on your gym lives? Thank you ahead of time in case I don't get back to you.
>>
I've been lifting for about 4 months on "recomp", I eat like 100-200 cal above maintenance on lifting days and 500 below on non-lifting days. I was already a normal weight to start, just LOTS of fat and very little muscle. I look like shit, what should I do? I somehow exclusively built muscle in my arms and places in my legs that take away all curve whatsoever and just makes them look straight up and down, but I lost all fat in my ass and tits. I look way more masculine now instead of just skinnyfat, and I still have a belly/slight love handles.

Where did I go wrong mates? Been doing cardio, lifting HEAVY, I just look like garbage. I've lost 4 lbs of scale weight (taken at same time before pee/food/etc) but I just lost bf in all good places and gained muscle in all disgusting places. I isolate glutes with barbell hip thrust, weighted bridges, bird dogs, donkey kicks, on top of squats + deads but I made negative gains somehow.
>>
File: bdn0174236.jpg (160 KB, 704x1024) Image search: [Google]
bdn0174236.jpg
160 KB, 704x1024
If I do planks on my rest day am I ruining my rest day? Like 3 x 3 minutes each?
>>
>>35707692
>catalogue
>>
>>35707692

Are there any good local gyms in the Lynnwood area of Seattle?
>>
>>35712823

Mixed.

I used to compete in bodybuilding, I've found it's tough to put on mass again in the military due not the hectic schedule, hard to lock in a diet. But I found a new home in strength training, nothing like breaking a deadlift PR coked up on pre-workout and hooyah after a day or two of no sleep and you just got off an 8 hour watch. Feels goodman.
>>
>>35712848
At this point, it's probably better to pick a dedicated goal (losing bodyfat vs. gaining LBM) rather than a recomp approach. Chances are you aren't as bad off as you think though.

What's your current routine?

>>35712854
Why not just rest?
>>
>>35712867
Its the english spelling of it, ramirez
>>
>>35712903
>Why not just rest?

I want to do at least something productive on my rest day and its too cold to run outside at this time of year.
>>
>>35712871
gavin?
>>
What are food low in carbs and high in protein or fat other than meat? I just feel the crave to crunch shit like bread and pastries and shit and I need a good idea for a quick good breakfast high in protein and/or fat
>>
>>35710181
Bump. To rephrase:

What is 2 pl8 bench equivalent of dips? pullups?
>>
>>35712990
Cottage cheese is goat because its almost pure protein. Much better than yogurt because yogurt has a ton of sugar/carbs in it.

Also eggs. But if you dont want meat you are going to need your proton powder
>>
>>35713031
about tree fiddy
>>
> fuck up and eat a high fat meal
> lagging in proteins and carbs

what are some good sources of protein and carb but low in fat? Seems like carbs are easy to come by, but proteins always have fat bundled in.
>>
File: weighted_pull_up[1].jpg (78 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
weighted_pull_up[1].jpg
78 KB, 612x612
>>35713082
> FUCK
>>
should I worry if my heart rate is 90 while resting or is it that normal?
>>
>>35713094
Chicken/tuna and any grain really
>>
>>35713256
I'm 27 years old btw
>>
>>35713031
Adding a plate to your pullups would be impressive, I'm currently at +15 kg. Keep in mind that while bulking and cutting, your relative strength is going to change a lot
>>
>>35713094
Whey.
>>
>>35713031
probably around 30-40kg
>>
>>35713269
That's on the higher end of normal. If you do cardio a lot then that is very strange, if you don't then you just have the heart of a sedentary person
>>
>>35713274
Thanks, currently at +15 lbs for 5 reps after 3 weeks. 180lb bw.
>>
>>35713291
I only do cardio when I cut, which is usually a mix of liss with a bit of hiit, otherwise I avoid that shit like a Jew avoiding taxes
>>
why do fat power lifters still have abs
>>
skinnyfat here, im trying to get bigger but also lose some of the fat on my stomach/waist. I've heard that doing cardio after lifting can actually hurt gains; is that even true? will i lose fat anyways from lifting? been doing 5x5 compounds and some isolation
>>
>>35713322
That's a little strange then

>>35713440
Insulin + hgh + huge core. Slin makes fat grow around their organs or some shit, hgh grows their internal organs, and of course powerlifters are going to have very trained core muscles.
>>
H-h-how do I cure premature ejaculation? I cum in like 10 seconds if I jackhammer fuck a girl. Should I start jerking it with a deathgrip?
>>
>>35713458
I did cardio after lifting a lot, I still do my HIIT afterwards. The gains killing ties a lot into the tiny anabolic window meme. 30 minutes would be perfectly fine, I would steer clear of anything really long though.

>get bigger but also lose some of the fat
You are either losing weight or gaining it m8, you will make some noob gains of course, but if you are in a caloric defecit then don't expect the gains train to roll for very long at all, and likewise if you are in any caloric surplus at all, then the fat is going nowhere.
>>
>>35713497
Stop watching porn but keep masturbating (within reason)
>>
>>35707692

This might be the dumbest question ever, but what's the point of weightlifting belts? Stability, right? Like when you're squatting heavy weight?

I just have never used one before, and I don't feel the need too, and I can't really comprehend why I'd want to start. Not that I do a ton of weight or anything.

This begs my related question. Is there a specific weight, generally speaking, that one SHOULD start using a belt? Is it all just personal preference? Or a legit safety measure everyone should take?

Go ahead and make fun of me, but this seemed like the best place to finally let this question fly.
>>
>>35713497
Can't you just go again a second time and last longer?
>>
>>35712452
Oo that's a good idea I never thought of, pb with every meal. I was just having it at the end of the day unless I had it for lunch. Thank you (y)
>>
>>35713070
TFW I HATE cottage cheese.

:(
>>
>>35713627
The point of a belt is to give yourself something to brace your core against, increasing stability yes. It's not just used for squatting, pretty much every lift can benefit from a super tight core.

There's no specific weight to use a belt, but generally you will get to a point where your legs are strong enough to move a weight, but your core just collapses on you. This usually why powerlifters or anyone with a big squat will have a separate and much lower belt-less squat maximum.
>>
>>35713663
Thanks for the great answer.

Follow-up question(s):

Would it look silly to use a belt when not lifting that much weight? I don't want ppl to be all like, "that dude isn't lifting enough to necessitate the use of a belt, yet he has one anyway!"

As I lift more and more (gainz, bro) will it naturally occur to me when I should start using one?
>>
>>35707692
What should I eat the day before a powerlifting meet? Got one Saturday and I'm pretty nervous t b h. Weight is not a factor, I just want to know the optimal nutrition and whatnot.
>>
>>35713654
just put some honey on it and it magically makes it taste like pudding and you will have to force yourself to stop eating it.
>>
>>35713548
please /fit/
>>
File: 1448327447610.jpg (346 KB, 640x860) Image search: [Google]
1448327447610.jpg
346 KB, 640x860
>Go to use leg curl machine
>Start doing reps
>crotch rubs against gym shorts just right
>start to get erection
>don't want to lose pump so keep going
>nearly ejaculate I finish my set
>mfw i have to jack off in the middle of the gym to work out

Does anyone else fucking face this problem?
>>
>>35713743
Because your body performs the way you fed it the day before.

You are always eating for the fuel your body will be using the next day. Eat like shit the day before a workout and you will lift like shit the next day.
>>
>>35713776
No. You are a pervert.
>>
>>35713699
Different anon here - I think it looks silly when people wear belts without lifting much weight, yes. To me, a belt is like a mixed-grip deadlift - a useful tool when it's appropriate, but frequently misused. Don't turn a tool into a crutch. Lift as you can without the equipment, use it once it becomes necessary.
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
New to jumping rope. Any advice for beginner here?
>>
>>35713812
just do some fucking jogging faggot, rocky was already cut and needed complex jump rope for his boxing footwork
>>
>>35713779
So what are the best macros for eating for 1RM? High carb, protein, or fat?
>>
>>35713812
Awww shit. My nigguh.

Don't use your shoulder to make little circles to rotate. Translate tricep bicep push pull motions into the ropes rotation. Stay on the balls of your feet, try to maintain constant tension throughout the motion.
>>
>>35713829
Anon, I mean that I 'm new into jump rope , not the fitness itself. I watched some of YouTube and read articles that they seems contradictory about what kind of rope beginner should be using. Pls be kind
>>
Is it okay to post a weekly routine and ask for any general criticism, or is it too broad a question? Thanks.
>>
File: Sturgis_2011_Mike (42).jpg (12 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
Sturgis_2011_Mike (42).jpg
12 KB, 200x133
>>35713799
Roger that, thank you.

Trashy sluts for good advice.

Also, checked.
>>
File: 1452529076589[1].jpg (70 KB, 373x502) Image search: [Google]
1452529076589[1].jpg
70 KB, 373x502
>>35713898
no because some delusional skelly faggot with 6 inch arms who dresses like a grill is gonna correct your whole form while posting chinese cartoons as avatar.
>>
File: sturgis 20.jpg (1 MB, 2142x2856) Image search: [Google]
sturgis 20.jpg
1 MB, 2142x2856
>>35713923

I attached a picture for ants.
>>
>>35713848
Bumping my own question
>>
>>35713857
Thanks anon
>>
>>35713864
Bump
>>
There is a movie I want to watch but I forgot the name.
A Bodybuilder who lives with his mother is jaded from dating and follows his uncle's footsteps in attaining a possible meaningful relationship:
Thailand.
He gets more than he anticipated.

I heard quite a lot of people liked the movie, so I want to watch it tomorrow evening.
>>
>run too hard
>get stress fractures in my shin

Is it still safe to do squats/deadlifts with these? Since most of the stress would be on the thighs and back other than the shin.
>>
>>35714237
teddy bear
>>
when finishing a cut, what types of strength gains can i expect when eating at a maintenance again
>>
>>35714347

If its actually a stress fracture and not just shin splints, that would be a remarkably bad idea.
>>
How much kg is 4-5 plate?. I always see people refering to it but i have no idea how much it really is.
>>
>>35714439
180-200kg
each plate is 20kg i think, i'm in the US
>>
>>35714473
So to make it easier for you each plate om each side is 45 lb'ish
>>
>>35709718
it's called girls lift so little weight that they can do whatever they want with them to seem like they're working out
>>
How important is sleep relative to everything else? More important than hitting macros? How bad is about 5.5ish hours of sleep per night for example?
>>
what am I supossed to do if I want to get /fit/ but can't afford a gym? have in my that all I have is a ground to run on, I've been looking into phone apps like sworkit, would that be enough?
>>
When I do bench presses my right elbow has a popping feeling everytime I do a rep and it's bothersome. What can I do to fix this?
>>
>>35714847
Just as important as diet and exercise. You can't remove one or the whole thing fails. 5.5 is not enough
>>
I'm cutting currently and I feel horrible if I eat a lot at a time. I had a big bowl of oats and cottage cheese and an egg for breakfast and I feel like I'm a fat fuck.

Should I eat smaller portions? I got my calories under control so I'm not over eating calory wise, but can eating a lot at a time stop my body from fueling fat?
>>
File: zanethebane.jpg (58 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
zanethebane.jpg
58 KB, 612x612
Is it okay to have 3 different workouts in a 3 day full body program? Pretty much everything I come across has a rotating A B frame.

I realize frequency on the main lifts dictates progression, but if a guy would prefer a bit more variety in exchange of a bit of progression, is it sound to include all of the main and secondary compounds in a 3-day plan rather than just rotating the staple 5-6?

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>35715063
Can you expand on this please? Are you wanting to squat bench deadlift ohp and power cleans in same day?
>>
>>35715074
No no. Same week.

Also not just the mains but also secondary compounds, such as the incline bench, RDL and so on.

Just wondering if it's possible to hit all the compounds. Don't care much for isos right now, will throw in some triceps or calves wherever I get the chance.
>>
Do you guys recommend eating at maintenance for two weeks then going to a caloric surplus when transitioning from cutting to bulking like the sticky says, or reverse dieting up to a surplus?

It sounds like reverse dieting would be the way to go if I want to minimize fat gain, but it would take me like 6-8 weeks to get to a ~200 calories surplus.
>>
>>35715105
The reason why you don't see programs include it is because usually accessories are there to target a weakness.

But yeah I don't see why you can't do it as long as you're not being stupid about it and you're still making progress.
>>
>>35714885
Better than nothing. YouTube had some good HIIT workouts on there
>>
>>35715118
How can you gain fat if your weight is staying the same and presumably you're lifting the same?

If you get fat when moving to maintenance then obviously you ate on surplus (this is obviously excluding 2-3 lbs that you gain initially if you were cutting carbs and then went back to having some)

I would stick to maintenance straight away and then increase my intake little by little.
>>
>>35715127
>accessories are there to target a weakness

Does this include Pendlay's, SLDL / RDL, Incline, Dips, Pull/Chin-ups, and the likes?

Always thought those were pretty big compounds and fairly complementary to the main ones, rather than just suplementary.
>>
>>35715147
Chins, pulls and dips are pretty important.
SLDL,RDL, Incline are supplementary hands down hell if you do OHP and bench in same week then incline is useless.

Rows a bit of a gray area because they are good for bbing purpose since they do build a nice wide back however, chin ups, DL's and Oly lifts imo builds a pretty good back too and actually you get to train movements with more carry-over than rowing.
>>
>>35715147

Which lifts are supplementary and which are your main ones will depend on the lifter and their goals.
>>
>>35715219
Partially true, yes there are differences if your goals bbing, wling pling or a sport in general however a good program for all three will without a doubt have the main compounds lifts in them due to how effective they are.
>>
>>35715179
>if you do OHP and bench in same week then incline is useless.

Really? Why is the incline such a popular exercise then? I've read countless times about how you can use it to target the upper pec much better than the bench (or OHP for that matter).

That sucks to hear about rows, because I love them but don't have much interest in getting such a large back.

Thanks a bunch for the insight though.

>>35715219
Well, can't argue with that. My goal is strength and weight progression in a variety of exercises, mainly barbell. I really like lifting. Of course I also have body goals, but even though I love watching bodybuilding I've no interest in such a body since it would get in the way of my MMA.
>>
>>35715254
>Really? Why is the incline such a popular exercise then? I've read countless times about how you can use it to target the upper pec much better than the bench (or OHP for that matter).
Pretty sure that's bro science, a pler that benches 380 has big chest and almost none do incline.

If your aim is strength and progression then you should pretty much stick to the main lifts and focus on making progress because after the novice stage you probably going to limit your progress to off-season time or equivalent depending on how serious you are about MMA.
>>
How can I tell if my breath stinks
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.