[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't see a stupid questions thread... I'm trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Diet.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1236) Image search: [Google]
Diet.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1236
Didn't see a stupid questions thread...

I'm trying to lose weight (30lbs). I've cut out all snacks and desserts (no ice cream, chocolate, etc). Unfortunately can't cut out soda because I've always only drank water. I drink two protein shakes every day. Started walking a mile every morning. Haven't lost a pound and I think it's because I'm lazy and therefor shitty when it comes to my diet. I eat whenever and almost whatever I feel like it.

I never know what to buy when I'm grocery shopping. Only stipulation is that I can't cook. I'm not willing to learn right now and I'm living at a friend's house and don't want to ask to use his stuff to learn either. The sticky is just like "don't eat

>tl;dr: I read the sticky but can I get a specific diet plan? Maybe some helpful anons could post their own weekly diet? I'm 5'9', 185lb.
>>
>>35706587
Sorry. Was meant to say "The stick is just like don't eat junk food, eat more lean meat and whole grain"

Which is great, but it's not specific enough for me. I'm literally receiving autismbux if that explains anything.
>>
>>35706587
>I read the sticky but can I get a specific diet plan?
You mean like to one in the sticky?
>>
http://imgur.com/a/5nbmA
>>
>>35706587

You realize how many calories are in "protein shakes?" No wonder you haven't lost any weight.

Try this: don't eat. Give your poor little system a break for a few hours. Don't eat until noon for a few days. Then until three. Then until six. Most days you won't make it, but sooner or later you will, and your body will thank you for it.

It's much easier to just not eat than it is to "eat healthy."

>day 1 - 4 do not eat until 9:00 a.m.
>day 4 - 8 do not eat until noon
>day 8 - 12 do not eat until 3:00 p.m.
>day 12 - 16 do not eat until 6:00 p.m.

Keep a diary and see how your body controls your mind and vice versa. Drink water though, and coffee if you need to, but no food.

Specific enough for you?
>>
>>35706646
I didn't see one.

>>35706678
Are you fucking with me or nah? Cause this seems doable in my mind.
>>
>>35706678
no sugar (or milk) in coffee or tea
>>
>>35706718
Just don't binge in the evenings. Fasting combined high protein meals (food not shakes) works unless you fuck up. Count your cals and learn to drink black coffee like it's god's jizz.
>>
>>35706718

Not fucking with you at all. It's a great way to ease yourself into intermittent fasting (IF).

Here's a Ted Talks about it with a guy from Hopkins/NIH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkZAwKoCP8

tl;dr (or watch, it's only 16 minutes) eat once a day, live longer
>>
Here is what you do. General outline because fuck your low effort bullshit:

Get a bead on your BMR. Keep in mind that you are "sedentary" if that question comes up. Get a bead on your TDEE. Google this shit and learn about it.

Take 75% of your TDEE. This your daily calorie LIMIT. Not GOAL. LIMIT. If you eat less than that then GREAT. Fatty.

Get a myfitnesspal account. Plug in your calorie limit. Track your shit. It takes all of 10 fucking minutes per day to track your calories. 99% of the entries are there for you already.

Weigh yourself 3-4X per week. Losing weight? Good. Not losing weight? Cut some more calories off your limit and continue tracking.

Keep going til you're satisfied with your girlish figure.
>>
>>35706728

Yes, that was assumed but yes, no milk, sugar, honey, funky syrup or anything else in coffee or tea.
>>
oatmeal, banannas, nuts for breakfast.

chicken, rice, frozen veggies for lunch.

maybe tuna, some low sodium canned beans, frozen veggies.

I eat a diet similar to that right now. Its really cheap and involves no cooking except using a microwave and baking a chicken breast for an hour.
>>
>>35706678
but what is more sustainable? If he cuts to his goal weight, and starts to eat normally again, he will gain it all back fast.

Best thing to do is to make a lifestyle change in how you eat.
>>
>>35706823

That's what I'm talking about. A lifestyle change in how you eat.

One meal a day. Simple. No food to obsess about, just eat once a day.

No need for it to be temporary.
>>
>>35706775
>>35706746
>>35706728
What about one energy drink at work? That's my usual.

pic related is my 3-5 days a week.

>>35706678
It says 170 calories per two scopes. So 340 a day. That doesn't seem terrible for a 1,500 cal diet. Esp if it wards off hunger. I can cut it out if that's what /fit/ thinks I should try though.
>>
>>35706874

If you don't want to try IF, don't try it.

But keep it in mind because you may come back to it one day.
>>
>>35706871
one meal a day is completely retarded. If you are eating once a day and eating healthy food, it would be extremely difficult to even hit maintenance
>>
Do carbs really matter? I see people bitch about carbs all the time but then I see fit people that usually eat rice broccoli and chicken.

I pretty much only eat a combo of rice, a meat protein, and a a vegetable

Rice/Peppers/Chicken/Sausage/Salmon/Broccoli/Spinach.

Should I get rid of rice?
>>
>>35706897

Whatever you say.

I did it most of my adult life, just because that's how I was. Then I had a lifestyle change and started eating and ballooned. I realized that eating once a day is my natural state.

Interestingly enough science now finally says it's ok, not that it matters to me but it does to others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UkZAwKoCP8
>>
>>35706896
What's IF?
>>
>>35706936
Intermittent fracking.

Only harvest oil from rocks at night. Do a lot though to make up for not fracking earlier.
>>
>>35706874
>What about one energy drink at work? That's my usual.
Take a no-sugar one. Same effect, no cals. I get 8 hours energy from one of those.
>>
File: Kekaroo.jpg (36 KB, 787x364) Image search: [Google]
Kekaroo.jpg
36 KB, 787x364
>>35706897
Not hard at all. One meal a day is fun.
Here's an example.
>>
>>35707049
<2000 cal diet

that works if you are a small female . what about for men?
>>
You're probably going to have to get over not wanting to cook. But there's plenty of very easy things to cook.

You could try keto: Basically, you literally eat nothing that isn't meat, egg, cheese, or green vegetables. (and when I say nothing, I mean it - one cheat sugary anything will stop you dead in your tracks for 48 hours.)
>>
>>35707070
>3170 Caloires

Please read Robert.
>>
>>35707024
You fucking chunk head. Just because it's no sugar doesn't make it any better
>>
Basically I was you about four months ago. I THOUGHT I had made a number of substantial improvements to my diet, cutting all soda and candy cold turkey, smaller portions of everything, going back to the gym, etc. and my weight didn't move at all. Keto is what finally worked for me.

Specifically, I bought a prepackaged meal plan off the internet. They just send you a huge box of frozen pouches, three meals a day. So it does take up a lot of freezer space, but it eliminates the need to "cook" or decide what to eat. You just grab a random pouch and nuke it. I did lose 30 pounds in three months this way.
>>
>>35707118
good luck getting a 3kcal salad without adding a bunch of unhealthy oils and shit

>having zero discipline to the point you cant just eat multiple healthy times a day

Lets face it. You probably just stuff yourself with mcdonalds at night. Probably have lost 5 or 10 pounds and this is your first month on fit
>>
>>35706587
>idk to cook
>im not willing to learn
>more excuses
What a stupid piece of shit,i bet you are american.
>>
>>35707168
>Just because it's no sugar doesn't make it any better
It is when he's trying to lose weight and needs extra energy. Pretty fucking perfect actually, because he doesn't even need to change his habit.
>>
>>35706587
I lost 60 pounds In 4 months
I exercised 1 hour day
30min cardio - running, jumping jacks, jogging in place
30-45min - pushups, 90dg lifts, crunches

But I ate only 900-1200 calories a day
two protein shakes probably go up to about 600cal. But good that you cut all snacks. But eat chicken, shrimp, pasta, etc
>>
>>35707208
>Literally tell you I'm fucking homeless and lucky enough to have some space for food but not a kitchen with an oven and pots and pans.

>hurr why not just cook faggot?

If I could strangle someone over the internet....
>>
>>35707272
>waaah muh homelessness.
I'm 'homeless' too mate. I don't use it as an excuse. There's a lot of food that's healthy, low cal, and don't require cooking. Go on raw food blogs and rip off some recipes. You won't need a kitchen for that kind of thing. Show some fucking problem solving skills will ya, faggot?
>>
File: FoodEatThisEatFood.png (349 KB, 1154x710) Image search: [Google]
FoodEatThisEatFood.png
349 KB, 1154x710
>>35707193
You're a fucking idiot. Here's another example.
>>
>>35707299
I wasn't using it as an excuse to not lose weight, hence this thread, you fucking moron. I was replying to the post telling me I was lazy for not cooking over a stove.
>>
>>35707326
He told you you're lazy because you are lazy. Learning about nutrition is something you can do without a kitchen yet you decided to go og a Inuit muppet board and ask autists instead of just doing your own research. You want us to do your work instead of just using some fucking initiative.

Kill yourself you loser.
>>
>>35707272
No you never wrote in the OP that you are homeless.

>grocery shopping
Holy shit how homeless you are that you can buy your own food but you are so stupid that dont even know what to buy.

Do you really thing that people come here for good info or advice you stupid idiot?

Why dont you google a bit?Why dont you read the fucking sticky?

>sticky tells me to not eat

Learn to read you stupid fuck.

Now fuck off with you garbage thread and your stupid and lazy attitude.
>>
Yesterday I bought creatine. Tomorrow I have my workout at 8 am, when should I take it in order for it to work? Also, how do I avoid the bloatedness that creatine causes?
>>
Does persistent DOMS correlate wiht caloric intake? are they a sign I should eat more?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.