[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much cardio is optimal for weightloss? 120kg fatso cutting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
How much cardio is optimal for weightloss? 120kg fatso cutting 1500kcal daily
>>
Get at least 30 minutes a day. Not necessarily for weight loss (diet is more effective) but for not dying of heart attack
>>
>>35706598
So cardio doesn't make me lose weight? Will it atleast add LBM?
>>
>>35706618
whats you height and age
>>
>>35706634
185cm 22yo deskjob smoker(weed also)
>>
>>35706618
Cardio burns calories, but the amount of calories you burn by simply existing is far greater.

My suggestion: take care of your diet. Maintain it for a few months. Then two things will happen:
> You will be completely used to your diet and able to keep it for a longer period of time with less effort
> You will be at a healthier weight, so you'll not lose your legs doing cardio

Weight loss is all about diet. Literally. Even with exercise added on top, you have to maintain the diet that still results in weight loss.

Exercise does allow you to get thinner faster, assuming you don't eat any more because of it. (Some retards go "oh, I ran 5 minutes today, I deserve this 500kcal candy bar")
>>
>>35706647
realistically your 1500k diet is probably overkill from the getgo, you can only lose so much weight on a deficit, with your current shit you should really be on a 1700k diet to loose 1lb weekly, and if u wanna hit 1.25lbs a weak you should hit a intermediate fasting diet ( eating twice a day ie. eat a 700k meal at 1pm if you wake up at 7am and eat again a 1k meal at 9pm, drink coffee and soda water in the mornings and along on your fasting and do weight training at least 3 times a week but not more than 4.
>>
>>35706618
Cardio will increase your calorie requirements, making it easier to eat and still be at a calorie deficit. It will help.
>>
Mijn sportschool heeft exact dezelfde apparaten. Ik zet ze altijd op Russisch. Vind ik grappig.
>>
>>35706682
Don't feel comfortable about lifting yet, havent lifted anything in over 6 years, in particular deadlifts, dont want to snap
>>
>>35706725
>Mijn sportschool heeft exact dezelfde apparaten. Ik zet ze altijd op Russisch. Vind ik grappig.

dat is grappig kameraad
>>
182 cm 120 kg in august. 1500 is too low trust me. Hop on 2000 or 2200. Trust me on this
>>
>>35706740

Kid I said weight training, I didn't even say go heavy, all you have to do is move around, doing weight training on a deficit will allow you to retain most of your muscle mass while your body undergoes catabolism, you know what go read the sticky.
>>
>>35706770
Would love to, but i'm stubborn as fuck. Will it negatively affect my weightloss or is this about motivation?
>>
>>35706740
just do machines then, theres no shame in that despite what some assholes might tell you

you need some form of musclebuilding resistance training or youre going to look like shit after your cut
>>
>>35706817
I guess sissy pushups and some dumbell work won't cut it?
>>
File: ProgreRESss.jpg (342 KB, 2200x571) Image search: [Google]
ProgreRESss.jpg
342 KB, 2200x571
>>35706799
You will get hungry and at some point you will lose muscles. At that height and weight your bmr is pretty high. At around 2500. If you do things it increases to around 3000. Pic related is me. I didn't do any real cardio (only elliptical and stationary bike) until I was 100kg and it still went ok, just lifting. Even 2k is kinda low but I am autistic and it seemed a nice number. Lost 1kg per week with a huge 5kg first 2 weeks. Probably water.
>>
>>35706799
>>35706830
also start lifting. Now it's the best time to lift. You will gain strength and muscle while loosing fat cause you are a noob. Focus on lifting. No need to do deadlifts if you don't want but at least squat. You will also look better
>>
>>35706827
Do machines, stop being a lazy fuck, just go there and do it. Its just 3 times a week minimum, do 5-6 machine excersies with a reasonable amount of weight, enough to do 10 reps and 3 sets.
>>
>>35706563
You're not eating enough you fucking stupid cunt.
I'm eating more and weigh less, you're going suicide-tier and you WILL burn out.

Take the long and steady road, it's literally better in every single way.
>>
>>35706898

When people say they cut by 1000+ kcal a day its usually because they forget to account for a lot of calories, bringing them much closer to a fair deficit.
>>
>>35706908
Indexing everything I eat, only thing that could be off is TDEE
>>
>>35706908
>>35706563
Eat 2400 calories a day
30% Protein 30% Fat 40% Carbs
Use this: https://www.eatthismuch.com/
(Just to keep things simple)

Work out 3 times a week, preferably non-consecutive. M-W-F--M-W-F-- or any iteration that suits you.

Perform cardio at a low intensity for a lengthy period. (Low Intensity Steady State Cardio) (Optimal for Fat loss)
(Elevated heart-rate and sweating but not extreme exertion, something you can maintain for 45-60 minutes)
Split this up with some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) once a week or so.

Perform a basic lifting regime, they're literally everywhere.
No body building shit, you need some strength and experience.

Personally, I do cardio after lifting. It's always been easier that way.
Switch it around yourself. Find what suits you.
>>
if you want to do a large deficit then do lyle mcdonald's rapid fat loss diet. I did it for 5 weeks and lost roughly 10kg. I wasn't particularly hungry either. strength went down a bit, but I'm working my way up again at the moment.
>>
>>35706965
Oh and I neglected to mention...

UPDATE YOUR CALORIC INTAKE EVERY FEW KILOS YOU LOSE, YOU WILL HAVE TO EAT LESS THE MORE WEIGHT YOU LOSE.
>>
>>35706563
25-30 mins in the morning fasted is optimal for fat loss/maintaining lean-ness.
>>
>>35706740
when your muscles repair from weightlifting you burn calories so weight training will help you reach your goal
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.