[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God damn why the fuck are pre-workout powders and protein powders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (285 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
285 KB, 475x600
God damn why the fuck are pre-workout powders and protein powders so expensive? Are any of you serious /fit/izens making gains without these products?
>>
Because it's a giant scam.
>>
>>35701868

Made my best gains without them.

Not saying they're useless, but basically every supp out there is either mostly a convenience thing (protein powder, fish oil, etc) or so minor you can ignore it entirely and still get shit done.
>>
>>35701868
do the original hyphy mud

diet coke and insta coffee unless you're too pussy and need a shit ton of sweetner
>>
File: ryan.png (276 KB, 786x960) Image search: [Google]
ryan.png
276 KB, 786x960
>>35701868
Pre workout is a meme, the only thing in it that does anything is caffeine, so drink black coffee and it's the same thing

Protein powder seems expensive because you buy such a large quantity at once, but in actual money/protein ratio it's nothing different than chicken. pennies on the dollar per serving
>>
google around for deals on protein powder or go to Costco. It's cheaper protein/dollar ratio than chicken breast if you find a deal.

Skip pre-workout. If you think you need it, you can buy beta-alanine and caffine in powder/pills for cheap and just take that. It's all pre-workout is. Or just drink coffee.
>>
>>35701868
I do drink my protein shakes for convenience and not having to eat all the fucking time to get hit my macros. I haven't been taking vitamins, but have been consuming more fruits and veggies, mainly through low sodium v8 and with my meals. Haven't noticed a difference on that front. I do notice improved performance when taking pre-workout, but I was off it for 6 months, so now I cycle 1 week on 1 week off to keep my tolerance down. Most supps are a rip off though, if you already now how to diet and train. Really black coffee is my only cutting agent
>>
>>35701942
Idk I never feel a surge of energy from coffee but with pre workouts I feel like I can push myself further
>>
Whey is cheaper than food. You should be drinking it right now.
>>
>>35701942
Dude Sams Club is doing an instant savings right now on their protein and preworkout right now. 10$ of both.

>at Sams Club one day
>Always check the clearance section
>see their "members market 100% whey protein," bags on clerance
>20$ for 5lb bags
>buy all 4 bags
>had protein for the full year

shit's amazing
>>
>>35701868
I get c4 at Costco but it ain't cheap still. $40 for 2 tubs.

Caffeine addict who works out in the morning so there is really nothing like that pwo buzz
>>
File: kEd7pL1.gif (1 MB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
kEd7pL1.gif
1 MB, 384x288
I've been going with GAT Nitraflex with some Bronkaid. I enjoy the way it makes me feel.
>>
>>35701868
Absolute Snake oil.
You are better of knocking back an espresso shot 10 minutes before you work out. Easier said than done, I know. But even a cup of coffee will do the trick. Luckily my workplace provides a surprisingly good gym and naturally we have coffee machines too.
>>
>>35702051
Coffee makes me have to shit.
>>
>>35702058
That's not unheard of. Food makes me shit.
>>
Is creatine a useless supp?
>>
>>35702083
Ever lap a cum fart up off the floor after you just defecated the unprotected seed out of your hiney-hole?
>>
>>35702101
>Lap a cum fart . .
If there is cum on the floor isn't that technically a cum-shit.
And, yes.
>>
>>35702096
plz respond
>>
>>35701868
holy shit just make your own,

20 minutes before going to the gym eat 1 banana and mix one tea spoon of coffee with one tea spoon of cocoa powder and hot water, down it and you're good to go.
>>
>>35701899
>diet coke
Pepsi nyugga
>>
>>35702096

It's one of the more researched ones and it does make a difference however people overestimate what they think it should be doing. Ethyl ester does the same so only get it if it's on sale. People will say it's more effective but all research says it's the same.
>>
Get PWO with DMAA, the only ingredient other than caffeine that actually does anything
>>
>>35701868
been making nice gains and i dont use this shit, just drink a cup of coffee and eat a banana 20 min before my workout
>>
>>35701868
Protein powder is cheap as fuck if you just buy standard when and no fucking "100% XXX MEGAGAINZ" powder.
>>
>>35701972
Where do you live?
Slav here, a 2.2kg bucket of ON Whey (1800grams of protein) goes for a price equal of 17kg of chicken breast (3100grams of protein). I'm only buying it because I'm too lazy to consume all that meat
>>
>>35702096
All creatine does is make expensive urine. Biology fag here, PhD anatomy and physiology teacher explained energy usage and storage in skeletal muscle, and how using creatine supplements has little to no science proof showing it does anything, except for very little excess energy in the first few seconds of energy expenditure.
>>
>>35701904
>I hate good coffee and everyone else should too

Fag the coffee I'm grinding right now is $24 for 12 oz of beans, even the most expensive pre-workout comes out to cheaper.

You drink coffee for the taste, you drink pre-workout for the workout. I am surprised people have trouble understanding this.
>>
>>35702002
>$40 for 2 tubs.

fucking yurop here you're paying 30€/1tub or 50€/1tub with 60scoops
>>
>>35701868
Go to myprotein nigga

Doesn't taste as good but all dat shit is in there.
>>
>>35703699

Creatine is the most researched supplement. It also has positive benefits outside of working out. Take 5 seconds to use Google scholar.
>>
>>35701962
What is a placebo?
>>
>>35701868
Protein isn't that expensive. ~13€ a month if you buy MyProtein.
>>
File: xtend.jpg (401 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
xtend.jpg
401 KB, 900x1200
>>35701868
My co-worker started drinking this stuff, said it gives him the shakes and makes him go like a fucking machine.

Sounds like it turns you into a retard. But what does /fit/ think about intra-workout shit? My old man swears by this shit. Think I'll just stick with my diet and protein though.
>>
>>35701899
I used to drink this shit before workouts for a while, shit works really well but i built up a a tolerance for it real quickly.
>>
>>35704449
>intra-workouts

the shit some people come up with

atleast the stuff you posted is dosed alright

I always cringe when DYELs get supps and show them around and they're so underdosed, unless you 3scoop it from day one it is pure placebo
>>
Do amino acid formulas do anything? My roommate left a tub laying around and I was thinking of taking some but I would rather not take anything I don't need or won't have a significant effect on my recovery/endurance
>>
>>35703649
Not him but I'm Swedish and for standard whey the price per protein is something like 1/4 - 1/5 compared to shittiest cheapest chicken.
>>
>>35704354
In Sweden I pay 13$/kg
>>
I dunno I don't feel anything even with a strong black coffee. But PWO's make me feel like I've taken crack
>>
>>35701868

you don't need 90% of the chit people use these days, good old food for me
>>
>>35704514
you get a kg of C4 for 13€ ?
>>
>>35701868
Keep feeding the fitness jew you idiot

>>35701886
This
>>
>>35704521
That't the initial sugar rush, bro.
>>
>>35704062
I didn't know pre-workout was cheaper than coffee. thanks anon.
>>
Do you fags take bcaas? Are they a fucking meme?
>>
>>35706692
BCAAs are a scam and a meme.
>>
>>35701904
>but in actual money/protein ratio it's nothing different than chicken. pennies on the dollar per serving
Chicken breast is twice cheaper tho
>>
>>35701868
Jesus C4 makes me feel like my goddamn heart is about to explode
>>
>>35706764
I completely discarded supplements, but then I started watching lui Marco and he basically sucks bcaas dick. I was starting to question if they're actually beneficial.
>>
>>35701868
I'm using a preworkout from stop&shop, it's their own brand.

I was suspicious but it doesn't have any of that "propriety brand" shit, and a tub of it was 8 bucks instead of the usual 30-50 bucks. it's actually decent, but to be fair its the first preworkout ive ever used.
>>
>>35701868
go to store and ask for non mainstream brands they are usually cheaper and pack a lot more caffeine and other stim i.e yohimbine, pikatropin.
if you live in florida you can look for over ride, 3xt pump or meth lab. they are around 25 dollars for 40 servings and believe you can start by taking just half scoop cuz they are strong as fuck.
do not buy c4, NO explode, hyde ( it became famous and is now fucking expensive} they are extremely over priced and you will have to take 2 scoops in no time because they are easy to build up resistance
>>
>>35706795
He's shilling, breh
>>
>>35701868
If you're a britfag just go to home bargains and get 2 zero sugar energy drinks for 50p, a lot better than two scoops of c4

>source: I drank C4 for over a year lifting
>>
I was taking pre workout for a while cause I thought I needed it for the motivation and energy but now I haven't had pre in a little over a year and I don't think I'm going to go back to taking it
>>
>buy super HD
>see something about taking 2
>take 2
>tfw each one has 150mg of caffeine
>tfw had a monster that day
>tfw literally couldnt sleep 8 hours later
>ended up being awake for like over 30 hours
>>
Just bought 100 caffeine tablets @200mg for my pre workout.

Cheap as chips.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.