[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to /fit/ slightly overweight and very out of shape. tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: buns of steel.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
buns of steel.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
New to /fit/ slightly overweight and very out of shape. tried going for a run, ran half a block and could hardly breathe. Need advice, I want to lose weight but gain muscle at the same time. I've tried the gym but felt overwhelmed by all the machines and had no idea where to start. could someone help push me in the right direction?
>>
>>35699710
>I want to lose weight but gain muscle at the same time.
Not possible outside of noob gains and roids. Read the sticky
>>
>>35699710
You can still gain strength but if you want muscle you gotta eat big
>>
>>35699731
Well how would I go about losing weight then?
>>
>>35699745
READ DAT MF STICKY POST NIGGA
>>
>>35699745
Read the sticky
>>
Reading the sticky must be really hard
>>
>>35699750
>>35699756
thank you.
>>
File: Suffer.jpg (192 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Suffer.jpg
192 KB, 1440x900
If you can't be bothered to read the fucking sticky, and instead want us to magically pick out what works for you, I guarantee,

you will never make it.

Take care of yourself you fucknut.
>>
>>35699710

diet is everything to lose weight.
Google paleo diet.
Stick to it, no cheating

regarding cardio, it will accelerate your weightloss. Simply try to run at a slow pace and switch to walking when it's too much. And then run again when you feel better. It will take you roughly 2 weeks to adapt and your legs will be sore as hell

>gaining muscle
that requires a gym membership

ps: I'm 33 y-o, ex-fatty and been lifting for 10 years. This is the best advise you will get in this thread
>>
Write shit down. All your meals, your cardio training and your strength training for the day. If you do it right that paper doesn't lie. You'll be disappointed when you do nothing and eat crap all day and have to admit it to yourself. Should be all the motivation you need to go figure this shit out on your own.

$.99 notebook. Best value in fitness.

Now go read the sticky.
>>
>>35699793
sorry I read your OP post too quickly.

For the gym, simply do machines for the 1st 6-months. All machines have clear instruction pictures so you can't fuck this up. Hit every machine available
>>
>>35699793
>>35699803
Thank you, very helpful. Reading the sticky now.
>>
>>35699710
I'll push you down a flight of stairs, you dumb fuck. Why does every overweight neckbearded weeb from /a/ /v/ /co/ /tv/ and /mu/ think they are a special case we want to take on, some kind of unique specimen we've never seen before? Read the sticky and get the fuck out.
>>
Damn bro if you've never lifted weights seriously before I really recommend you do GOMAD
Look it up and thank me later when you're ripped
>>
>>35699858
Well in America the slow march to universal health care is underway (in support it) so I have a vested interest in these fatties getting their shit together.
>>
>>35699803
The notebook advice is the best out there. Count calories. Write it all down. Everything. What you eat, what you do. Makes you face reality and you can't be in denial like most fatties or skeltals
>>
>>35699896
>>35699916
>>35699803
>>35699793
Serious thank you too everyone that gave advice.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.