[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dry Skin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: hotshower.png (45 KB, 1068x920) Image search: [Google]
hotshower.png
45 KB, 1068x920
/fit/, how do I undo 8 years' worth of damage to my skin?

tl;dr: took very hot showers since middle school, skin starts getting itchy whenever I do anything exercise related. Are there any products that can help me?

I was a complete dumbass and had no idea that hot showers were bad for my skin. I thought they steamed your skin and made the pores open up or something retarded like that.

The way I've been taking showers since the 6th grade was pic related: turn around, let the steaming hot water hit my back and scalp for like 15 minutes, and then get out of the shower.

I was never physically active because any time I tried to do anything physical, my back and scalp would start itching like crazy and I would have to stop. But now I know why, and it's fucking dry skin because I'm a retard and can't even take a shower right. But now, I've actually decided to get in shape, and it's going okay so far, but whenever I get in the zone on the track and start running, I have to stop because it itches so bad and I don't want to look like a retard scratching my back and head like crazy while I'm running.

Any type of cardio will set the itch off, but I can still do weight lifting activities like bench, squat, etc. Obviously the cardio will be necessary when I start cutting.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this, /fit/? What products should I look at?
>>
>>35697449
I'm by no means an expert but here are my recommendations:

>Apply some sort of moisturiser daily to the dry skin
>Dont take super hot showers
>Just run through the 'itchyness' isn't that a bit of a pussy excuse to stop running, its not like its damaging you if you run through it?

BAKA OP
>>
>>35697498
Thanks, I've been trying to put on lotion as much as possible. I have no idea how to moisturize my scalp though, my hair gets in the way.

>Just run through the 'itchyness'
I've tried, anon. I'm weak. I accept that. It's impossible for me, the itchy sensation is more intense than anything I've felt before, and there was a time where I had poison sumac on like 60% of my body. It's worse than that.
>>
I'm a doctor faggot
99.99999999 percent chance the itching starts to occur right as your heart rate gets stable and high. Riiiiiight before you start sweating it will itch like crazy. You ll see this a lot in sedentary people in cold climates who have literally never exercised in their lives.
Sweat more faggot.
>>
>>35697541
Oh, yeah, if for some reason your skin is dry even after blistering exercise in a hot room, see a dermatologist. Like, take a day off. Like, you could die of an infection. Make sure you drink plenty of water faggot
>>
>>35697541
Is there a name for this? You're completely right, it's always right before I start sweating. But the itching is only on my back and scalp, I still think it's something with my showers
>>
File: vitc.jpg (258 KB, 540x456) Image search: [Google]
vitc.jpg
258 KB, 540x456
a hyaluronic acid based moisturizerattracts hydration to your skin.. also if you show in chlorinated water a Vitamin C infuser will react with the Cl and produce Chloride which is not less drying?
>>
>>35697449
use what black people and women use, coco butter
>>
>>35697521
>I'm weak. I accept that.
Weakness is unacceptable in any situation.
>>
>>35697582
Yeah it's called you're sweating for the first time in a long time. Nothing to be concerned about. Your skin is an amazing organ, and there's a lot going on. Just sweat more faggot!
>>
Use shampoo without parabens, moisturise, stop taking hot showers.
>>
Consider changing your laundry detergent or the soap/shampoo you use
>>
>>35697541
I get this like once every few months while I am showering, like my back is so fucking itchy It is unbearable similar to an itchy asshole scenario and I rip the fuck out of my back, I have been going to the gym 6 days a week for 2 years but I do live in a cold climate, only happens while I am showering, hasn't happened in a long time actually but it always freaks me out
>>
>>35697582
The reason it's localized on your back and scalp is, without an examination, and at a guess, because of fat distribution and these areas having poor circulation to boot. Do you wear hats, hardhats, swimcaps or headphones a lot? To have this happen on your head is weird.. Don't put heavy shit on your head anon
But yeah, should any PAIN or SWELLING occur at any itching sites, see a dermatologist immediately
>>
>>35697449
Go to a sauna if you can find one. Hot water will dry you out, but hot air is dat good shit. Sweating is what'll open up pores and get rid of the itchyness. Also the increased blood flow will help recover the damaged skin.

I like to hop directly into a cold shower afterwards, if you have that option. Shit feels amazing and my skin couldn't feel better now
>>
>>35697733
Tell me your age anon
I'm getting everything right about you
I bet you're 22+
Just sweat your balls off while you exercise for a few hours.
Your hair needs to be wet.
With sweat.
You need to sweat.

If these itching sensations persist after that I'll eat my own foot
>>
Damn I love my super hot showers. I always run my face under the hot water because it feels good. Is this one of the reason my skin sucks? I don't want to take cold showers.
>>35697754
Are saunas really that good? Will they help my facial dryness.
>>
take beta alanine
>>
>>35697754
Oh yeah sauna will work too
I didn't think of that
Exercise is more readily available
But a sauna is just as good an answer
>>
>>35697754

>1 week of stay in the river district with social rejects, losers and NEETS during depression
>They had a sauna
Aaaaaawwww yeaaaah.
Wish I had me one at home, or at a nearby gym at least. Though it'll probably be shitty/in use by plebs.
>>
I get really itchy when dehydrated, perhaps you should monitor that
>>
Hot showers aren't bad, that's a meme. What is bad is that your dumb ass didn't put lotion and conditioner on after bathing. Your shower could be as cold as a witch's teat, but it won't matter if you don't moisturize.
>>
>>35697796
I'm 19 currently, was 210 pounds at 17 and was 145 by 18, now I'm at 165. I was doing cardio 3 times a week for an entire year, 20 mins and I was fucking soaked after each session ready to puke, stationary bike.

I live in Canada and the climate is cold, I don't take retard showers like OP, only shower once a day, I use shampoo/condition once a month.

Not sure if anything I posted will help you but it's not something I experience even once a month but it happens
>>
>>35697858
Lotion and conditioner on your face?
>>
File: 1450287837951.jpg (16 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
1450287837951.jpg
16 KB, 329x500
>>35697541
My god, it all makes sense now. I always thought it was because I had gotten a really bad sunburn a long time ago. Thank you doctor faggot.
>>
>>35697449
Cover your entire body in lotion. Your skin needs it.
>>
>>35697887
>shampoo once a month
How does your hair not get greasy?
>>
>>35697521
Cocoa butter man on your scalp hair skin you don't need much but it works like gel and it's good for you and you smell good too bam
>>
>>35697643
Thx for the image senpie
>>
Anyone got any specific recommendations for brands or types of lotions/moisturizers?
>>
>>35697521
Not the guy who replied to your original comment, but i've got similar issues. For scalp issues look into anti-dandruff shampoo. Anything with coal tar will definitely help. If you've already tried this then i've got no idea.
>>
>>35697521
>"I'm weak. I accept that."
Found your problem.
>>
>>35698214
Anything water based.
Here's a good thread, btw.
>>35695140
>>
>>35697541
You're a doctor faggot? Like you're only gay for doctors?
>>
>>35697449
The itchyness should go away once you become more active.
I'd suggest using lotion and something like jojoba oil over the areas that are the driest. (Fuck, that word looks odd)
My calves are always dry and ashy. So much so that the majority of the hair on my calves have split ends. I've been using jojoba and coconut oil on them for a while now, and they haven't been itchy or ashy since. (White btw)
>>
>>35697902
He said his scalp was dry, that's what the conditioner was for. And yes, of course you should put lotion on your face after bathing. Are people this stupid?
>>
>>35697983
I recommend it, hair is medium length undercut, if I shampoo and condition as recommended on the bottle my hair is hard to style, frizzy and dry as fuck, doesn't look good and needs a lot more "gel" to get my hair to hold.

Shampooing/conditioning once a month my hair naturally styles itself almost, requires almost no gel to achieve my desired look and has a lot more of the sexy natural look that you want your hair to have. It also reduced acne on my face, definitely noticeable but not night and day.

No your hair won't stink, and yes the first couple days you ever try this your hair will be more "greasy" than usual, this is just your hairs natural oil which is usually stripped away by shampoo, after a few days you will be fine and realize how much better your hair is looking and how much easier it is to style.

Various girls have complimented my hair, they run there fingers through it and are amazed that it feels so nice and how pliable it is, my hair is thick as fuck and they can put it all back, put it to the side, whatever, the point is your hair stays in place and styled and sexy, but you can run your fingers through it and change your shit up and it looks like you have been naturally blessed with such a nice haircut.

If my hair was long I would say 2 weeks as opposed to a month, experiment with it, only going so in-depth because I always thought I had shitty hair and never had success with any styles and doing this was an absolute game changer, try it before you bash it
>>
>>35697983
"no-poo" is a pretty common hair health thing, see /fa/
I haven't washed my hair in probably over a year, it never gets bad anymore
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.