[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/, the other day I hit my head pretty hard, got a concussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1450131742452.png (23 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
1450131742452.png
23 KB, 489x423
Hello /fit/, the other day I hit my head pretty hard, got a concussion and ended up having to head into the ER.

This was... very expensive, so i'd like to avoid the hospital, thing is, since yesterday my sense of taste and smell have literally been at like 50x the usual, I go to make coffee and the grounds assault my senses, the first taste is unspeakably bitter, I add sugar and cream and the sweetness makes me gag.

smells are even worse, anything but a scentless room gives me a headache, walking outside or driving my car is almost impossible.

any idea what I ought to do?
>>
>>35696097
Bang your head again, it will go back to normal
>>
You're still concussed. Talk to the doctor over the phone, get some details.
>>
Just lay in bed for few days , had the same
>>
how much did it cost?
>>
File: pepe11.jpg (18 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
pepe11.jpg
18 KB, 251x242
>americans
>>
Kek. Muricans literally have sub 3rd world healthcare. What a stupid country.
>>
File: 1422744640577.jpg (27 KB, 375x383) Image search: [Google]
1422744640577.jpg
27 KB, 375x383
>>35696097
>he lives in a country without free healthcare
>>
>>35696278
>free

Someone lacks an understanding of basic economics
>>
>>35696300
Yeah, thanks for your insightful comment. It's fucking trivial that no such thing as a free lunch exist. But keep those pedantic and trivial comments coming.
>>
>>35696278
>free
Taxcuck detected
>>
Congrats, your super power is a heightened sense of smell. Go to the police department and take all the jobs from the police dogs and live out your Adam Sandler movie themed life.
>>
>>35696366
You know, it can be pretty insightful for someone.
People on /fit/ are trying to make it, and understanding how economics work and respecting it goes a long way
Somehow this hit a nerve?
>>
File: image.gif (697 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
697 KB, 500x388
Take a few days off of work and just chill at home, rest take some Motrin or ibuprofen. When I got a concussion the best foods were cold/ Miley warm foods with a mild level of flavor(I personally liked spicy stuff aswell). So basically just rest and let your body heal itself
>>
>paying for medical care

>had a seizure last February
>1 trip to a&e
>1 CT Scan
>1 EEG
>2 MRI's
>3 visits to a consultant
>all free
>tfw I'd be financially ruined if I was unlucky enough to be born in the land of the free
>>
>>35696097
The head trauma gave you superpowers. Go out and fight crime.
>>
>>35696097
move to a real country x f
>>
Why didn't you pay insurance?
>>
File: 1452786083017.jpg (25 KB, 541x569) Image search: [Google]
1452786083017.jpg
25 KB, 541x569
>>35696442
>>
File: TOWNES VAN ZANDT.jpg (28 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
TOWNES VAN ZANDT.jpg
28 KB, 600x467
>>35696097
what the fuck kind of insurance do you have? i foolishly mangled my entire body in 2014 and obongo payed for the multiple surgeries it took to solder everything back together
>>
>>35696581
this, if it weren't low quality b8
>>
>>35696097
I've had a concussion for the last 1½ years,
and i have met a few pepole with permanent concussions.

My best advice would be to take that shit seriously and get a couple of days with complete rest (no working, no exercising, no alcohol, etc.).

Take breaks regularly and try to avoid any activities that give you a hedace or worsen your other symptoms.

Also remember to eat and get pleanty of water - concussion may screw with the pituitary gland which can affect your feeling of hunger or thirst - I lost roughly 40 pounds over the first 6 month of my concussion.

Talk with your doctor about it, depending on your symptoms there's a couple of prescriptions that might help.

I have had some benefit using guided meditation or brething exercises (youtube) to help me relax (in general, reducing stress seems to help me).

By the way, some studies suggest that creatine, fish oil or curcumin may speed up the recovery process.

Hope any of this helps, get well soon
>>
>>35697402

Holy shit America is a fucking hellhole.
>>
>>35697421
I'm from Europe...
>>
> live in tokyo
> have national health insurance
> get massive dermatitis on scalp
> go to dermatologist
> consultation plus ointment costs me 1600 yen (around 15 bugerbucks)
> same thing would have cost me over $100 no problem with private health insurance in ausfailia
Based nippon
>>
>>35696097
I've had 2 concussions playing football and had none of those symptoms.

I was just really HEEM sleepy, but was told to stay awake. Just felt like a bad hangover for a week or so both times. You might be bamboozled something good.
>>
>>35697421
>>35697565
BTFO
>>
>>35696097
>Possible brain damage or death by brain hemorrhage (med student, no joking)
>Can't go to the hospital because it's too expensive

I mean, it's kind of disgusting, that only happens in Murica and in some savage countries in Africa
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.