[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do I feel like I'm destroying my knees every leg day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ouch1.jpg (2 MB, 2743x1822) Image search: [Google]
ouch1.jpg
2 MB, 2743x1822
why do I feel like I'm destroying my knees every leg day?
>>
>>35694667
Cuz ur weak
>>
>>35694800
great post. this is a solid board.
>>
>>35694667
you are leaning too far forward and you're pushing the weight with your knees. Lean back more and try not to let your knees pass your toes. I know that's generally just meme advice, but it helped me out.
>>
>>35694667
poor form
muscular imbalance
overwork
genetic deficiency
improper nutrition
too fat
you are a gigantic pussy

any combination of the above may be your problem
>>
>>35694667
Check your form m8, when I started I did squats with bad form like inclining too much forward and pushing with the knees instead of using my posterior chain. Since I was new to the whole weight lifting I mistook the pain for doms.
I had to visit the doctor when the pain became unbearable and had to stay away from the gym for one month.

Just stop what you are doing and check riptoe's or thral's videos before proceeding.
>>
>>35694961
>>35695152
I don' really have pain, it just feels very uncomfortable. I don't really squat often, I do leg presses, and diddylifts.
>>
>>35694667
You fell for the squat meme.
>>
>>35695222
Well stop doing leg presses like a sissy and do squats like a man, as for the dead lifts my advice on checking out some videos or reading the SS book at least just to check your form still stands.
>>
>>35695445
I've really focused on deadlift form, and it's starting to feel good mang. It's anything that requires a "press motion" such as squats, and leg presses. I can do lunges just fine.
>>
What exercises are you doing? Hard to say why without knowing.

Try knee sleeves, push through you heals, don't come forward on your toss when squatting, don't do hack squats or leg extensions which are brutal for knees.
>>
Get a joint supplement.
Some sort of Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM combo and make sure you take it on and after leg day if you're that concerned.
>>
>>35694961
this helps me ive found, leaning back
>>
>>35694961
It's also a good idea not to flex the kneecap. Generally, though, if you feel anything in your knees, you should stop.
>>
>>35695152
>posterior chain
Hip power is OP.
>>
Meh, kind of beginner question so related to OPs shit.

Doing deadlifts after some repeats I get bad feels above my but cheeks. Where is my form wrong that I get pain there?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.