[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
high fat diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: lard.jpg (34 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
lard.jpg
34 KB, 500x335
I have a theory and am wondering if anyone else has tried it. This would obviously not be for gains, but for heavy cutting/weight loss.

What if someone had a 100% (or close to it) fat diet. For a few months, eat nothing but the purest fat you can find. Obviously supplement with some vitamins.

Your body -should- begin burning fat very efficiently. At this point switch to a low fat, low carb diet and eat mostly lean meat. Since your body is looking for fat to burn, it will burn your stored fat very quickly.

Im not a doctor just an honest thinker. Surely someone here has tried this? Success? Failure? or...?
>>
I know a person who only ate butter for 2 weeks. Just water and straight up butter.
They did lose some weight, but this diet would obviously be unsustainable and possibly detrimental to health.
>>
>>35693905
Op here, I agree. Maybe 3 months or less, and then switch to a healthy low fat diet.
>>
>>35693835
There are essential amino acids that the body needs and cannot synthesize.
So protein is necessary.
>>
>>35693964
this
you need protein for healthy cell production aswell as pretty much every other process in the body
>>
>>35693964
>>35694285
You folks are missing the point. This is very temporary - maybe 3 months. Your body can handle it for a short period.
>>
>>35694450
You retarded fuckshit. You'd be dead within 70 days and sick as fuck sooner.
>>
implying that wouldn't completely fuck your interior health
have fun with clogged arteries and a dying body

also, 3 months is a pretty long time to eat only fat
>>
So retard keto?
>>
>>35694545
>>35694720
so maybe a month? the average person could last close to a month even without food, as long as they had water.

shouting "hey dumby!" doesnt help. I start with a theory and am looking for positive feedback to refine it.
>>
>>35693835
So you're kinda doing a keto diet that was prescribed for Epileptics.
>>
>>35694829
THrow away the the theory. Keto is the closest you can get to what you're suggesting, dropping the protein would have nothing but deleterious effects
>>
>>35693835
I watched a motivational video on youtube where they basically said, people will say it cant be done just because they cant do it. dont let people defer you!!!
>>
>>35694860
You are fucking retarded. Some things can't be done. when people tell you not to eat only butter for one month, they are actually giving you good advice.
>>
>>35694911
Pain is temporary. I can imagine burning crazy amounts of body fat oncey ou switch over to low fat, high protein/
>>
>>35694829
what about whenyou start eating normal again how are you gonna deal with your metabolic damage aswel aas poor health?
>>
>>35694928
Metobolic damage from 1 month of eating poorly? Please.
>>
>>35693835
That's not how the body works you dumb ass. You might produce some more enzymes involved in fat metabolism but your body won't "go looking for fat".
>>
This is retarded and very dangerous, bordering on suicidal.
>>
>>35693905
They probably lost weight because their digestive system couldn't absorb all the fat, not because their bodies used fat for energy less efficiently than expected. I'd betcha $50 they had fatty diarrhea-like stool all the time.
>>
>>35693835
seems like a reasonable idea. however there's probably a distinction in the metabolism of dietary fat and adipose tissue.
>>
>>35694951
do it please do it for a year take your pathetic existence out of the gene pool
we don't need retards like you reproducing

dieting is hard but grow some balls and do it properly stop being a fucking bitch
>>
>>35694951
plus you wouldn't be a fat cunt in the first place if you had some self control
>>
>>35695123
try to eat lard for a month and then talk to me about self control.
>>
>Your body -should- begin burning fat very efficiently.

Yeah, metabolism doesn't work like that. To lose weight you need to eat less calories. Not follow some retarded meme diet.
>>
>>35693835

dude that's keto and it has been proven to work
>>
>>35695184
Thanks
>>
This must be bait
>>
>>35693927
>low fat
>healthy

Pick one, fuccboi.
>>
File: 144947615495.jpg (45 KB, 446x413) Image search: [Google]
144947615495.jpg
45 KB, 446x413
>>35695814
>>
>>35695837
Vegan detected.
>>
>>35696045
Nope. Your vegan detector needs recalibrating, Mister Tinfoil.
>>
>>35696244
Does anybody but vegans and old people seriously think low fat is healthy anymore? I doubt you're old, so I think I'm spot on.
>>
>>35696504
Looks like a false dichotomy to me, chief. On the other hand only retards think fruits, whole grains, and starchy vegetables aren't healthy. Ergo you must be retarded.
>>
>>35696687
>implying I said those things are unhealthy

You can have plenty of plants in your diet without proposing an objectively unhealthy diet. It seems like the lack of essential fats is negatively affecting your higher thought processes, veganfag.
>>
I'm on keto right now, 70% fat. I shit oil
>>
>>35697822
You said low fat diets are unhealthy, my dear fedora'd reddit friend. Don't move the goalposts. I gave you several staple low fat foods which are perfectly healthy. A diet with calories mostly derived from those plus some lean meats and fatty fish is perfectly healthy and the overall diet is still low in fat. Go be a retard somewhere else.

>It seems like the lack of essential fats is negatively affecting your higher thought processes, veganfag.
It seems you're still under the delusion that I'm a vegan despite my attempts to correct you. Please see a psychiatrist. Might be a serious mental disorder.
And for the record, the physiological requirement for essential fatty acids is extremely low, on the order of 1% total calories (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0163782714000253), that certainly doesn't require a high fat diet.
>>
>>35696687
Post a pic of yourself eating meat with a timestamp to prove it then
>>
>>35698282
I'm not posting any pictures on 4chan for some edgy paranoid teenager thank you very much. The only animal foods in my house right now are egg whites, whey isolate, frozen salmon fillets and skeins anyway.
>>
>>35698278
Are you really serious? Are you really trying to pretend that some low fat foods being healthy means a whole low fat diet is healthy? It's not often that somebody bothers me on here, but this is seriously a new low.

>thinking a young rat's fat requirement has anything to do with a human's
>thinking the bare minimum to not die is somehow healthy

Lol. Enjoy those fucked hormone levels and stunted growth.
>>
Bacon and mayo for 2 weeks. Then keto for one and a half months. Lost 60 pounds in 2 months that way.
>>
File: 1442028642254.jpg (28 KB, 464x352) Image search: [Google]
1442028642254.jpg
28 KB, 464x352
>>35694971
>this
>>
>>35693835
Try it and post your results. It will be a significant contribution to science and fitness.
>>
File: 1441584837682.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441584837682.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>35697875
>>
>>35699362
>Are you really serious? Are you really trying to pretend that some low fat foods being healthy means a whole low fat diet is healthy? It's not often that somebody bothers me on here, but this is seriously a new low.
Your denial serves only to strengthen my position.

>thinking a young rat's fat requirement has anything to do with a human's
-That isn't the only line of evidence used to determine the human requirement. I suggest you try to actually read the article in full.
-They're still very biologically homologous, just like non-human primate requirements. See any book on lipid metabolism.

>thinking the bare minimum to not die is somehow healthy
No evidence to suggest more is needed. On the contrary, excessive intakes of required nutrients tend to have undesirable health consequences. People have gone on extremely low fat diets for extended amounts of time, dating back even to nearly a century ago, in an attempt to induce "essential fatty acid deficiency" and instead experience only positive effects.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/16/6/511.full.pdf

> fucked hormone levels and stunted growth
Both are non-existent as long as ~1% of cals are derived from essential fatty acids. We covered this already.
>>
>>35700035
>implying anybody is going to take you seriously

Go shill your vegan cuck shit elsewhere.

>"b-b-but my links!"

Mean literally nothing. Everything you say goes against decades of established nutritional science. You might as well be saying we don't really need vitamin c for all the credibility it gets you.
>>
>>35700035
>you don't need any more than 1% of cals from essential fatty acids
i hope no one listens to this retard, good god
>>
>>35693835
When cells burn fat as primary fuel it is inherently stressing, inflammatory, catabolic and degenerative. An adaptive survival mechanism in times of starvation. You will "lose weight" on such a diet from reduced appetite and cell sickness response but at the expense of damaging your metabolism. Sugar and protein are anti-stressing and anabolic.
>>
>>35701839
>trying to shill sugar as good

I'm onto you. There's a big difference between blood glucose for energy and just eating fucking sugar.
>>
>>35694928
>what about whenyou start eating normal again how are you gonna deal with your metabolic damage aswel aas poor health?
>metabolic damage
Fat people excuse
>>
>>35701987
Sugar and starch are the ultimate anti-stress fuels. They should be consumed as much as possible for peak anabolic hormones and to keep organ glycogen topped off, preventing the any stressing glycogenolysis and cell shrinkage.
>>
>>35693835
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96VZFklUM_Q
This guy does a high fat diet but that said he eats normal but addes lots of fat in to the food he eats.
>cooks pasta then adds lots of coconut butter in to it.
>>
>>35701733
>>35701833
>denial
>projections
>infantile insults
>paranoid delusions
Dude, listen. Having all your garbage scientifically corrected is not a bad thing and no reason to be upset. At least you accept your defeat, but you should be thankful. Today you learned something.
>>
>>35693835
just do keto you fuckwad
>>
>>35693835
High fat diets have been described as being more effective than anything for weight loss besides fasting.
100% fat diets are MORE effective than fasting, I have no idea why. You might get anal leakage lmao.
Or just do what I did, which was adjust my macros to get more calories from fat, mainly extra virgin (lmao) olive oil. I have better skin and a higher sex drive now.
>>
>>35704431
So OP, to answer yer question do the following. Not even keto because lmao that's ferking stupid. Get 60% of thine calories from fat, the rest coming from lean proteions and vegetables/fruit with a LOT of fiber. It will be dank,.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-21-06-00-32.png (222 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-21-06-00-32.png
222 KB, 720x1280
>>35702113
Enjoy your diabetes, my friend.

>>35702992
>implying those weren't from two different posters
>>
It'd work if you like giving yourself pancreatitis. You'd be better off not eating at all
>>
>>35694911
>Some things can't be done.
As I see it, the most you have is statistics - if you want to use statistical probability in the hopes of avoiding risk to yourself then ok. It seems like too much of a stretch to say that probability overlaps exactly with possibility, though.
>>
>>35694829
>even without food
eating nothing isn't the same situation as eating entirely one specific type of food, though - if you eat nothing but fat what do you think that will do to your digestive system?
>>
>>35694972
this was my thought, also.
>>
>>35695216
>>35695184
Keto includes protein.
>>
>>35694545
bullshit, people have fasted for months on end. If someone can go 300 days with no food, then op can survive 3 months with a primarily fat diet.
>>
>>35700035
considering how different humans are in brain function, I don't see how any other mammal's lipid requirements could be relevant.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/16/6/511.full.pdf

I couldn't access the article, but the title is "long-term low-fat diet on AN adult human subject". A study of one individual isn't conclusive.
>>
>>35693835
>>35694829
>>35694841
This is a hypothesis.
>>35699543
No it would not be. This is one dude.
>>35706370
Wut. Anything that's possible within the bounds of physics (described and not) has probability associated with it. Some things that seem impossible have probabilities. What are you saying?
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.