[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever done a 48 hour fast?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: starvingafrican.jpg (27 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
starvingafrican.jpg
27 KB, 400x304
Anyone ever done a 48 hour fast?
>>
I didn't eat for about a week once because of poor. Does that count?

First your hungry, then your not hungry. After that you get really tired and then become super fucking irritable and angry. Anything after the anger phase is just physical pain.
>>
>>35690112
>and then become super fucking irritable and angry.

Holy shit. I've had this recently. I've fasted for years but found myself recently getting absolutely just furious at the smallest things in the evening before eating. Like I just want to break something, scream or cry. I don't know.
>>
>>35690145

I don't know either as I never bothered to look up what science has to say about it. If I had to guess I would assume it has something to do with our brains hitting a type of panic button to try and motivate or encourage us to find food. Even if we have to resort to doing crazy things to make it happen.
>>
>>35690112
Went a week without eating once just to see if I could, ironically the first 48 hours were by far the hardest.
>>
>>35690112
Holy shit this guy has been cutting hard, is he natty or using clen?
>>
>>35690171
malnutrition and starve 1xF
>>
72hours, was depressed.
Nothing to note.
>>
>>35690112
Fasted many times in my life for times between a few days and two weeks. First day or two are hard, then you get used to it and you don't even think about it. There are of course things that change, especially in the first few days it feels like you are always smelling food. I also felt that I was lacking energy. It's not really that bad, I wasn't exactly tired, just lacking motivation to do physical work. Tried to run for half an hour every day once while fasting, just to see my limits. I managed to do that just fine, but I got slower every day. Besides that, I felt much more focused and my heart rate at rest was much lower (~50 vs 65)

I always felt great during the fast, but it really depends on your attitude. I had to fast once because I didn't have any money left for the month and it was completely different. Fasting by choice is very different from actual hunger.
>>
>>35690214
>fasted two weeks

Wut
>>
>>35690112
36h fasts.
Gonna do a week of maintenance after reaching 70kg and then carry on.
Also:
What is good food for someone who has no fridge and is tired of fast food?
Just ate chicken nuggets for breakfast and then laid on my bed for 2h from the rush.
I need alternatives, or I will suffer.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-20-11-01-01.png (92 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-20-11-01-01.png
92 KB, 480x800
>>35690223
>>
>>35690214
>Fasting by choice is very different from actual hunger.

I swear this is applicable to virtually everything.

>weekend
>Wake up early and feel fresh
>Work day
>alarm goes off, got seemingly enough sleep, feel like shit, want to die
>>
Extended fasting would just divebomb your hormones and metabolism wouldn't it?
>>
>>35690233
It is a weekly deficit you could cause.
I personally suggest one or two weeks of maintenance after 1-2month of intermittent fasting.
>>
>>35690220
I used to fast a lot (not anymore, because lifting), I got pretty good at it, I guess. I can't really say it was hard, it was actually kind of cool. After a while you stop shitting, you don't need to shop for groceries etc. But I wouldn't go further than two weeks, for no particular reason.
>>
>>35690259
>But I wouldn't go further than two weeks, for no particular reason.

Maybe health?

That's not fasting. That's starving. I don't know how someone is functioning without eating for two weeks. 3 weeks is supposed to be the point a which a human starves to death without food.
>>
I haven't eaten anything since Thursday evening.

My acne still hasn't cleared up but allegedly that doesn't happen until the 2 week mark. But it has faded quite a bit. I fapped earlier today and almost passed out with the intensity of the orgasm, and the post orgasm leak/semen drip I've had forever is now gone. I've started exhaling massive amounts of bad smelling gas from my lungs which is supposedly detoxification. I've lost 10 lbs and I went from being a dyel to a literal skeleton.

The worst thing is you lose all desire to sleep. I'm absolutely bored to tears with this. I went from sleeping 11~ hours to sleeping four. I need something to fucking do.
>>
>>35690299
>I need something to fucking do.

You shouldn't need to stave yourself to realize a man needs hobbies.

And 4chan isn't a hobby.
>>
>>35690271
That's broscience. People regularly fast without food for weeks at a time. I'm on day 6 right now and feel no hunger or starvation.
>>
>>35690299
That is interesting.
How often do you do that?
>>
>that fucking picture
>>
>>35690310
What does your body look like?
>>
>>35690316
First time.

>>35690325
Op's picture
>>
>>35690145
>fasted for years
How are you even alive
>>
>>35690112
the longest i ever fastes was like 10 hours
>>
>>35690299
>bad smelling gas from lungs is supposedly detoxification
no it aint niggah, that is ammonia which is a by product of your body breaking down amino acids and muscle for glucose
>>
File: 1453274737552.jpg (114 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
1453274737552.jpg
114 KB, 960x638
>>35690112
fat hate thread below OP's image made me rage and lose.
>>
>>35690367
I think it's ketosis, it stops when I exhale a lot which to me supports the idea that it's my lungs getting rid of toxins that have been built up. Plus it doesn't smell like ammonia.
>>
multiple times when i was a skellington i just forgot to eat for days on end, it wasn't even that bad until you woke up the next day and your mouth felt really awful. I kinda got addicted to the sensation of being hungry.
>>
>>35690137
I had the same experience some years back. Nobody believes the part about the hunger fading away.
>>
>>35690299
Why the fuck are you doing a fast like that bro

Sounds like you're going to die mate
>>
>>35690437
I have large painful acne cysts all over my butt and thought this might help.

It's probably just a meme and I'll die in agony.
>>
>>35690112
Accidentally yeah
>>
Did it really come down to "fasting" to mean only "absolute fasting"?
Or are you all just a bunch of fucking morons that don't know shit about great lent and similar shit?

Fasted for 60 days for years, before I got old.
>>
>>35690137
happened to me too, you're not hungry you just feel tired and then you feel like you're gonna pass out and die, source : i didnt eat dor a week when i joined the army
>>
>>35690271
>3 weeks is supposed to be the point a which a human starves to death without food.
Well, I didn't feel close to death after two weeks. Seems you are badly informed. The consensus usually is that for a healthy human death occurs after 2 months of starvation.
>>
Did the 48 hour famine back in high school.

Was pretty shit, but ended up hooking up with the chick that organised it.

No real point in doing it, though. Just makes you hungry and you'll probably overeat for a few days after you break the fast.
>>
>>35691677
48 hours is simply not enough to be worth the experience imo. You don't go beyond hunger and feel completely empty and focused after 48 hours. After 48 hours I'd say you reach the worst point. If you went further you'd notice that it's surprisingly easy to go on.
>>
>All these people saying 48 hours is nothing

So what is decent fast?
>>
>>35691757
24 hours is good

they say it helps to clean the body but I did not feel anything special, maybe I need to do more times
>>
>>35691757
Try five full days and you'll probably get most of what the experience is about. Honestly, anything under 72 hours does absolutely nothing but making you feel like shit.

Remember it's all about attitude. If you keep whining about feeling weak and tired like some pussy, you will eventually feel weak and tired. Most of what you feel is psychosomatic. Your body is perfectly capable of handling five days. The human metabolism is amazing, there's nothing quite like it in nature. If you approach fasting like that, you'll notice that you don't really feel that different at all, unless you do physically demanding stuff. It's not for everyone of course, it takes a lot of discipline and self control. You need to be a person that enjoys being in extreme states and testing the limits of your body. Personally, I can't understand how there are people that literally never experienced hunger in their lives and are not curious to see what it feels like and what their bodies are capable of. But then again, I'm a weird dude.
>>
You can actually fast for 40 days and stay alive, so stop being such a pussy and do 40 days. its good for your gains.
>>
>>35690679
Kek Orthodox conversky need trying to shoehorn his religion everywhere.

It's like you Jesus ate falafels in the desert for 40 days.
>>
>>35692502
Think*
>>
>>35691903
You're my kind of weird baby.

I want to weird out with you.

Let's get weird.
>>
no because i live in a first world country
>>
I'm on day 9 now and it took me 15 minutes to get out of bed this morning. Its the worst in the mornings. My body feels completely sapped of energy which is exactly what's happening I guess.

I passed out at work yesterday and went home because they were trying to give me chocolate for 'blood sugar' and not a fuck was I breaking my fast on those terms.

I think the worst part of it is the dry heaving. I feel like I need to vomit a lot of the time but nothing comes out so I wretch and shudder violently.

I'm only drinking half a glass of water a day as well because I don't want to retain any residual water weight.

I feel like I'm losing weight which is great but I went to gym on day 6 and that didn't go so good. I tried to squat 1 plate which is way below what I would usually squat and I just crumpled in the rack. Thank god for the safeties. Some PT ran to assist me. I wasn't injured but I cut my session short and had a sip of water when I got home.

What's also weird is the mood swings. I feel deeply depressed a lot of the time and then get overcome with these manic bursts of happiness. Is that normal? I don't know if any of this is normal but I'm gonna keep going until I can see my shoulder blades. That's my end game.
>>
>>35692526
kek
>>
>>35692646
why would you think this would be a good idea?
>>
>>35690112
TROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLINGTROLLS TROLLING
>>
>>35690112
The most I got to was 36 hours. I don't like fasting very much. Saps my virility and strength too much, I feel like a weak bitch.
>>
>>35692646
ANOREXIA
N
O
R
E
X
I
A
>>
>>35692646
>I'm only drinking half a glass of water a day as well because I don't want to retain any residual water weight.
this has got to be a troll or you are retarded. Drink water ya idiot, makes you feel less hungry and your body will begin to shut the fuck down on half a glass a day. No wonder you crumpled in the rack your muscles need water.

the mood swings are delerium from dehydration + short term hunger pangs.

drink 3L a day and toughen the fuck up
>>
I fasted for 5 days while in the Amazon before taking an ayahuasca trip. It was a very spiritual experience but obviously I was in a different state of mind because of where I was and what my goal was. I'd imagine if I tried to fast for 5 days while having access to food while at home would be a completely different story.
>>
>>35692646
I can sort of get the no food for over a week, but restricting your water intake like that? You're just asking for trouble man.
>>
>>35692646
Is this b8? Are you resting enough dude? I don't feel even slightly weak or tired but I guess everyone's detox is different. Drink juice if you need to in order to function, or better yet fucking stop the water fast for now and just do intermittent fasting for a while or eat only fruits/veggies
>>
>>35692646
Much of what you are experiencing is dehydration. Your body needs water to metabolize fat.

You are an idiot, you really are. I deeply believe that people like you deserve to die.
>>
>>35692744
would you do this again?

I smoked DMT twice in the 80's I wouldn't care to have that going on for hours..
>>
File: DSC_4148.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1367) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4148.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1367
>>35690223
>no fridge
u have a freezer?

personally I think bags of frozen veggies are the shit for quick easy stir fry meals, just buy some pre cooked meat to shove in there.

also bags of frozen fruit berries which I can throw in a large jug with milk and protein and use my stick blender.

frozen shit is the best, doesnt go off and its literally healthy as fuck fast food.

if you dont have a freezer your probably a faggot tho.
>>
>>35690112
I've done them before. They alright.

I've done slightly longer ones. Best so far seems to be the fast mimicking diet rather than full on water fasting tho. You can get the macros easy by googling. For the micros get dehydrated veg, usually called some variation of super greens, or make soups with lots of variety of ingredients.
>>
>>35690112
Had a week and a half in which all I ate were some slices of pizza and drank green tea. I was pretty chubby so I was more or less fine though became dizzy near the end.
>>
>>35692788
Nah I know what I'm doing. I'm gonna go for 20 days and if I hallucinate again like I did this morning then I'll up my water intake to a glass a day.

>>35692888
Well that's just your opinion and I'm sorry I don't live up to your expectations of someone deserving of life.
>>
>>35692999
>Nah I know what I'm doing.
Sure, nobody really needs water to survive, whatever. Make a thread once you are hospitalized.
>>
>>35692999
Okay this is definitely bait at this point but during a water fast you're supposed to drink as much water as your thirst dictates, because your body knows what it needs in the reboot. Artificially limiting your intake or artificially saying you need to drink a certain amount are both suboptimal.

Nice trips btw.
>>
>>35690271
I don't know if it's because it's close to new year but I don't get why suddenly people disagree with this guy.

You need to be supervised preferably by a doctor with a load of tests if you want to fast for a long period of time. If you want to do it on your own do a soup a day or something for electrolytes and vitamins and minerals.
>>
File: merchant feel.jpg (4 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
merchant feel.jpg
4 KB, 122x125
>>35693056
Yes goy, you need Dr. Goldberg's close supervision at all times. You need his tests too. Don't you dare do anything without his permission!

Did you ask your doctor for permission to lift too? Because technically that's also something you "should" do.
>>
>>35693056
Stop being such a pussy. You are not made of fucking glass. Your body has large reservoirs of vitamins and minerals and you won't have deficits just by eating nothing for a week. Stuff like that needs months to develop.
>>
when I was 16 I used to eat nothing for as long as possible then I would eat an apple

now I'm 22 and I can only not eat for long periods if I'm really focused
>>
>>35690271
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/07/24/3549931.htm
>>
File: 1452610986170.jpg (51 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1452610986170.jpg
51 KB, 625x626
>>35692999
>Nah I know what I'm doing
Yea, I don't think you know what you're doing. The body can go without food for a pretty long time. Water, on the other hand, is almost as essential as oxygen.

I'm not sure if this is bait, or if you're just stupid. If this is actually bait, this is some good shit. If not, please post pics of your up and coming ER visit.
>>
>>35692646
Kill yourself
>>
>>35692646
You need a LOT of water on a fast, retard.
You're literally dying.
>>
>>35693170
Looks like that's what he's trying to do m8
>>
This is how I fast
Day 1: Nine hotdogs and all the liquids and diet soda you wanted.
Day 2: Nine apples and other fruit.
Day 3: Nine or Ten hardboiled eggs.
Day 4: A mixture of the previous 3 days
>>
>>35690345
Understated
>>
>>35690223
Walk through the veggie aisle at the supermercado and grab anything you like that isn't in the fridge units. Sweet potatoes, onion, mushroom, beans, lentils. Anything tinned, you can get loads of tinned greens and some cured meats etc.. Soya milk needs no refrigeration. Eggs don't need to be chilled. Come on senpai, are you a child?
>>
>>35693083
>>35693085
What if I am made of glass tho? It's not suitable for everyone and it's not always obvious who is going to get fucked up or who has been fucked up by fasting.

Soup a day won't hurt you either.
>>
>>35693566
>What if I'm special? Unlike all the others?
Unless you have known health problems you'll be fine. Hunger is a very basic function of your body.
>>
>>35690112

24-36hr only, anything after that and your body starts consuming muscle.

Fasting is only good to keep your body confused into creating nutrients that you arent normally getting... Like insuline or whatever idk im not a dr
>>
File: nice looking goats.jpg (330 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
nice looking goats.jpg
330 KB, 1200x800
>>35690112
Yea, just once though. I was climbing in the Wrangell St Elias and we had to cross through this pass to get to our climb. It was getting dark so we decided to camp on the far side of the pass. around 3am we woke up to a whiteout snow storm. Since we had stopped early we used our extra day of food so we decided to get out of the pass as soon as we could to the nearest valley. We accidentally went a few degrees too far north and ended up in the wrong valley. With the storm and being lost we kind of had to return to the highway. We had to hike the whole valley to meet up with the highway again. It was a three day hike and we ran out of our last meal after the first day. And that's the story of my 48 hr fast.
>>
>>35692646

This is the worst b8 I've seen in a while.
>>
>>35690112
did a 7 day fast before
after 5 days it was hard to stand up without getting dizzy
was overcompensating on the water as well, so I was urinating a little without feeling it
>>
>>35690112
I did 72 to 96 hrs water fast before.

What do you want to know?

I have been doing calorie restriction since Jan 11, and have been eating mostly fat and protein to stay in ketosis, so symptoms are mostly the same.

>Sleeping schedule changes.

>No energy to do anything.
It is kinda like depression, where I just will not do things (like watch anime or play a video game), because I do not see myself getting any fun out of it.

>I want to eat, but it is not because of hunger. It is because of habit. Eating feels good, and it is fun. It is like fapping, something you do to keep the boredom away for a little while.

I have the anxiety feeling in my chest. I have learned that this comes from my heart rate. It is 75 bpm right now, which is too high. The anxious discomfort goes away when it goes down around 60 bpm. Not sure if this has anything to do with fasting, because I get this when eating regularly too.

I feel better about myself, so I feel a little more comfortable talking to girls.
>>
>>35690227
What's that app called?
>>
>>35690112
mirin that sick jawline
how long fasting to get face like the g in the pic?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.