[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: uunHOXN.jpg (39 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
uunHOXN.jpg
39 KB, 700x350
How much yohimbine should I take if cutting?
>>
>>35689854
Related question: Is Yohimbine the same as those HCl supplements on Amazon or is it an illegal supplement?
>>
>>35689854
Does anyone have the kettlebell workout infographic?

I don't remember if it was a kettlebell or just a dumbbell workout pic, but it had a full workout routine using kettlebells or dumbbells.

thx & god bless
>>
>>35689868
Based on a bodybuilding.com thread the hcl version is 10x powerful. But take it with a grain of salt as it is bodybuilding.com
>>
>>35689931
Thanks for the info. I'm looking at dabbling with a legal supplement or two to aid my cut, but it's such a minefield of quack remedies and "customer testimony".
>>
File: IMG_20160116_133356387.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_133356387.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
Every time I work up to 2pl8 squat atg I injure my lower back. Working on ankle mobility but also want to do some Good Mornings to strengthen my core.

What sort of weight should I be handling on a Good Morning to squat >2pl8 x 5?
>>
>>35689854
lmao that's legitimately funny prop. wasn't in on 30 rock?

perfect for american culture
>>
Going from skinny fat lifting at a deficit, at what point should I switch to bulking?

I was at 30%body fat and now at 25% according to a BMI calculator I used. (6'1, 191lbs).

Still increasing weights but it's getting hard.
>>
>>35689988
>30% bf
>skinny fat
Amerifats are the gutter demographic of this board.
>>
I haven't been able to lift for 4 months because of my shit injuries. I feel depressed as fuck because I messed up my whole bulk/cut and I now look like shit and won't look good for the hot weather. I can't do the only thing I love.

Any encouragement, tips, what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>35690065
Swim
>>
>>35690065
Running is a wonderful thing.
>>
Posted before about trying to eat better while being poor. What are some cheap foods available that I can buy to help me get enough protein? I'm cutting and doing SS, and I'm worried eventually I'll struggle since I eat a shit diet. I'm legitimately thinking about just buying a shit ton of tuna and only eating tuna and water 1500 calories a day. Will this work?
>>
>>35690410
Chicken is cheap at Walmart if you have that. $1.99 per lb. You can get a 10 lb bag of rice for like 8 bucks. That'll last you all week or more
>>
File: 1411376283649.png (202 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1411376283649.png
202 KB, 441x411
What info should I be looking for when shopping for a fish oil tablet/supplement? How much mg of... what ever it is that makes it good?

Also what's a good zinc supplement?
>>
>>35689854
0.20mg / kg bodyweight
>>
So I've tried weightlifting about 3 times now.
First time I kept at it for about 4 months, then quit for a few months. Then started again for 6 months, then quit again. Few months later, started again and quit after 2 months.
I don't really enjoy lifting, but I still want to keep being in a moderately good shape. What other activities are there that I could do to stay in shape, by myself? No team sports etc.
>>
>>35690508

https://labdoor.com/rankings/fish-oil

For Zinc get something in the 15-20mg range, some brands have fuckloads of zinc in their tabs but 50mg daily has been shown to cause toxicity.
>>
Is anyone here eating the same every day? I have trouble hitting macros (or eating too much calories) and really hate cooking.

What can I do to make sure that my "daily food" is healthy?
>>
>>35690723

Seriously eat the same thing every day if you have that much of a problem hitting your macros and calories.
>>
How do I fit gym time into my schedule now that I have a full time job? It's either go after work and have the gym be packed due to everyone getting off work or wake up at 4a which has been difficult because everybody has been waking me up with their bullshit when I go to bed early.
>>
I've started SS after a break of one year, and i can't do a powerclean because i lack explosivity
Do you know any good exercises to help with this issue ? Or should I switch to the Wichita Method variant of SS, since there is no powerclean ?
>>
>>35690773
It is as you have said. Go before work or after. If you have a car then finding a non busy gym for your times shouldn't be hard.

A scoop or two of pwo also helps when working out after a long day.

>>35690410
Bulk buying meat, rice, potatoes, etc is the cheapest way. You don't necessarily have to eat clean though.

>only tuna and water
Whatever you do, don't neglect your daily fiber intake. This is something so many people go wrong with when adopting ridiculous diets for cutting or bulking.
>>
If I'm out of olive oil but I have some synthol lying around, can I cook with synthol?
>>
File: shake.png (685 KB, 984x1075) Image search: [Google]
shake.png
685 KB, 984x1075
is this recipe as volatile as they say?
>>
>>35690863
>Do you know any good exercises to help with this issue ?
Yeah, power cleans. Seriously. That's the only way you'll become good at them.
The alternative is to replace them altogether.
>>
Halp :(
Epic constipation. What do? Fiber doesn't do shit. Any remedies? I can't get to the store to buy proper meds, because shitloads of snow, and my bowels are killing me. Any home remedy advice?
>>
File: 1427973326613.jpg (36 KB, 223x349) Image search: [Google]
1427973326613.jpg
36 KB, 223x349
Recomp or cut?

6'0 @ 174lbs skinny fat asian
>>
>>35691429
Read this

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/skinny-fat-body-dilemma-bulk-cut
>>
File: 1431825695893.jpg (4 KB, 107x132) Image search: [Google]
1431825695893.jpg
4 KB, 107x132
What's the deal with broccoli and sweet potatoes? I've seen there nutrition info but nothing really stands out to me. Why does /fit/ and other places live it so much?
>>
>>35691471
interesting. thanks anon.

I guess it's recomp then
>>
File: broccoli and sweet potato.png (29 KB, 731x415) Image search: [Google]
broccoli and sweet potato.png
29 KB, 731x415
>>35691532
Here's some of the reasons why.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/9-greatest-bodybuilding-friendly-foods
>>
>>35691532
Sweet potatoes are good and have a ton of non macro crap in them. They are basically normal potatoes but healthier and better tasting so people praise them Brocoli is good fiber and vitamins and have almost no calories whatsoever.
>>
>>35691532
Not calorie dense, tastes good. Plus broc has more protein per calorie than chicken breast.
>>
>>35691587
Yeah but good luck eating 500 cal of brocoli senpai
>>
>>35691592
It did that yesterday, desu. And I regret nothing.
>>
Why the fuck can't I do push-ups?

I'm not an fat guy, 6'2" 170lb. I'm not a hungry skelly, I'm between skinny fat and athletic. I wouldn't say I'm weak, I work outdoors all day on an oil plant.

I can crank about 4 pushups before failure. I've seen skellys crush that number, I've seen big fat fattys crush that number.

Is there something genetic or could my push-up muscles be none-existent due to neglect?

If I do push ups every day should I improve by 1 per day?
>>
Do you lose any strength if you stop taking creatine after having taking it for a while ( not cycling) ? Considering you were a "responder" to it somewhat anyway.
>>
>>35691586
>They are basically normal potatoes but healthier
Not really, no. This myth needs to die. The glycemic index is pointless. Sweet potatoes contain more of some macronutrients but less of others.
One isn't better than the other, unless you have some kind of deficiency.
>>
>>35691628
The micros in sweet potatoes are better than 'normal' ones for muscle building. For example magnesium.
>>
>>35691628
Sweet potatoes taste 100 times better than regular potato any way you prepare it. It's like the master race of potatoes
>>
>>35691738
Maybe so. That doesn't make them healthier though.
>>
Best way to progress on hanging leg raises? I can only get to an "L' position and I want to be able to go all the way and touch my head, but I'm not flexible enough. What stretches will help?
>>
>>35691423
Halp. I'm dying ;_;
>>
>>35691776
Try putting your fingers up your vagina and massaging the poop out through the vaginal/rectal wall. Really helps with period shits.

Otherwise, go buy a pound of sugar-free gummi bears and go to town. You'll be flowing like Niagra Falls within a few hours.
>>
How to progress on a cut? I'm 6'1 165lb at just under 20% BF. Been eating 1450 since September (5 cheat days since). The thing is i want to perma cut, ill increase kcal a little but i really just want to see how strong i can get on this much food.

It's become an obsession at this point, i think i'm a masochist. I'm definitely no skelly and i for sure know how to eat like a pig, but i just want to push this as far as i can(Really i'm a poorfag wagie and since i moved out of my parents basement i was basically forced to lose weight since rent is so fucking high, plus drug habit > expensive dirty food)

Stalling at 75/140/175/245lbs for 3 weeks now. Increase volume? Intensity? Add more accessories? I am hitting my protein goals every day. I will NOT eat any more until i am under 14% BF. I know some of you guys have figured out loopholes for this and don't give me that thermodynamics biology shit that only flys for losing/gaining fat.
>>
>>35691793
Not gril
Can't get to the store, as mentioned.
You're a meanie :(
>>
what happens if I work out but don't eat enough (carbs, protein and calories)?
>>
File: 1453248168130.png (567 KB, 783x876) Image search: [Google]
1453248168130.png
567 KB, 783x876
MUSCLE MEMORY:

I haven't been training for about two years but before that I was /fit/ and trained 7 days a week. Is muscle memory real or a meme, and how long do you figure it would take me to reach my previous form?
>>
>>35691776
Drink Olive oil. It will lubricate your anus
>>
>>35691824
you lose weight..faster
>>
>>35691817
My fault, didn't read the question.

Do you have any "sugar-free" snacks around at all? Chewing gum, tic-tacs, anything like that. They usually say "may produce laxative effects" on the label.

Otherwise you can try a hot bath while drinking the strongest coffee you can tolerate to get things moving.

Techniques for Poo2Loo include pulling your legs up to a squat-like stance while on the toilet boil, or hunching over and rocking backwards and forth to move things along.
>>
>>35691804
You're eating way too little. 2000 calories would be more appropriate. At the very least on training days.
As for progression, you must accept that you can't just slap on another couple of plates from session to session. You have to be patient and focus on making small improvements. Just one more total rep on an exercise and you've made progress. Over time it adds up.

>>35691824
Depends on how much too little you're eating and how fat you are. But you can expect shitty progress in the weight room longterm.

>>35691854
It's definitely real. There's no way of telling how long it'll take you though. Probably a while, but much less time than it did the first time around.
>>
How do I make mental gains /fit/? I've been bulking for a year now but I'm still the same loser in my head. I need to change
>>
>>35691869
>>35691804

Yeah my TDEE is around 2300-2450 so im about 800 cals under and i know it is affecting my lift progression severely. bumped it up to 3x6 for main lifts when i noticed i couldn't add weight last week and it was easier this week.

About accessories though, If i add in decline/incline or DB press should i remove flat bench? (same for OHP and DB shoulder press) or should i just incorporate one accessory per muscle into my routine alongside my main lifts? Full body 4 times a week.
>>
>>35691863
No sugar free stuff and done my squats today already, but will try the bath and coffee thing. That might help. Thanks, senpai :)
>>
>>35691627
Only way to find out is to try.
I didn't notice any difference on or off creatine, except for more lost hairs in the shower.

>>35691905
By quitting /fit/
>>
>>35689854
Effective doses are between 8mg and 20mg for an adult male.

This is Yohimbine HCL, most pills have 2.5 or 3 mg per pill. But check it out. I take 17.5 per day, in the morning with my coffee, I am right about 200 lbs, 6'1"

>>35689868
Yohimbine HCL is the one you want to take, Yohimbine is not illegal, its tree bark.
>>
>>35689876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gJfcL3lI3o
>>
File: 1377625087356.jpg (39 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1377625087356.jpg
39 KB, 500x750
How do I defeat yellow fever?
>>
>>35689939
Do an EC stack. Its legal, gray area, but legal. You get the tabs from bronkaid or another OTC cold medicine. You can stack those with Yohimbine
>>
>>35692089
You can't
>>
>>35689948
You probably also need to work on hip mobility. Start doing limber 11 or something like that.
>>
>>35692089
by visiting the countries and seeing what the women actually look like there
>>
>>35689988
Skinny fat is like >20% BF or even less. 30% BF is in no way skinnyfat
That said, Lift and eat at a maintenance. When you stop getting stronger, you will have gotten to the point to where you either need to continue cutting (my suggestion) or start a lean bulk.

You should get down to at least 15% bodyfat before even thinking about a lean bulk though. 10% would be better.
>>
>>35690012
Hey dont lump us all in one demographic. I am sure there are dumb fucking idiot people from your country too...
>>35690065
Just cause you aren't lifting doesn't mean you can't cut. Eat right and at a deficit, you might lose muscle mass, but at least you wont be a fat fuck
>>
>>35691854
what a dick
>>
Hi /fit/

On third day of turning health around. I'm currently 277lbs and the sticky recommends 1.5g of protein for each lbs of body weight. Is it feasible to consume 415.5g of protein per day? Should I aim for something lower?
>>
>>35690410
Eating that much tuna could be bad for you. Gotta mix it up. Check out a Farmers market in your local area if you can. Cheap veggies and other items. Never stop eating veggies, the fiber and nutrients from them are amazing for you
>>
>>35690508
>>35690592
Yeah, I got NOW Foods Zinc, normally NOW has great supplements, but their zinc is 50mg and it gives me stomach aches and heartburn. If I continue to take them I might start cutting them in half
>>35691116
Yeah, replace it at the ratio of 1:1 and you should be making it in no time
>>
>>35691776
Drink coffee? Drink a lot of water? Dehydration can cause constipation. Coffee is a stimulant that should get your bowels moving.
>>
>>35692145
More than 400g of protein is insane.
You're probably just fat.
Focus on eating healthier: less processed, more whole foods, less sugar, no sodas, etc.
If you lift heavy, aim for ~200g of protein.
Otherwise, it doesn't really matter, and ~100g of protein is fine too.
>>
>>35690410
Oats are dirt cheap and packed full of good carbs and a bit of protein.
Sardines are a better choice than tuna if you don't mind the taste, as they have less mercury and more fish oil per 100g
Milk isn't bad, just don't drink a gallon of the shit a day unless you want gyno or weigh like 50kg.
Peanuts are really cheap and calorie dense too, look into buying big bags of unsalted peanuts, they make a great snack.
>>
Should i still go on with a workout session if I was unable to get any sleep from the previous night?
>>
>>35691532
Broccoli is amazing, I eat almost a head of broccoli or cauliflower per day. On a cut? eat them with salt and/or garlic powder or cayenne. On a bulk? sprinkle olive oil on them, then a nice layer of cheese, melt it.
>>
File: 1431304383409.png (28 KB, 727x455) Image search: [Google]
1431304383409.png
28 KB, 727x455
So I'm going to start my 5th 21 day DNP cycle in attempt to cut from 8% to 5% of bf.
I lift every day consuming ~120 protons and eating around my TDEE right now.
So what is the plan in my case? I'm thinking about eating around TDEE - 1k cal and keeping the same amount of daily protons which probably will limit my diet to protein shakes at work and just chicken breast with veggies at home after the workout. How should I lift? Keep the same routine or modify it somehow to save as much muscle volume and strength as possible?
>>
>>35692206
What's up with the unsalted meme?
>>
>>35692197

>You're probably just fat

Well yea. I'll stick to 200g then.
>>
>>35691621
If you want to get good at push ups, do more push ups. Note: you wont get large muscles from push ups.
>>35691627
Supposedly you'll lose muscle mass, but not necessarily strength.
>>
>try to do mobility exercises
>can't because no mobility
>can't get entire left side of body to make any progress
>dyel as fuck after 3 years with literally 0 progress from when I started

what do? I wouldn't even mind being dyel if I was symmetrical since at least then I could start making progress and get out of it, but every time I start progressing I have to drop the weight on all my lifts to avoid becoming a lopsided freak
>>
>>35691905
Read some books. Go to self help section on amazon and buy a bunch.
>>
>>35691621
had the same problem even when benching 0,5plate, after some time i tried them and it just worked. later i "found out" my problem was kinda my core(and still is). just do some ab work and diddlys and it should increase. 6 2 185lb.
>>
>>35692225
>you wont get large muscles from push ups.

I don't want large muscle from push-ups. I want to be competent at an exercise that even skellys and fatties seem to be able to pull off.

Don't get me started on pull-ups
>>
>>35690590

Swimming.
>>
How much do carbs matter when dieting down? I've lost 40 lbs so far but have another 50 lbs to go, so I still have quite a lot of time to go, basically trying to lose 5 lbs a month.

Right now I eat 1800 calories with 180g of protein, 158g of carbs, 50g of fat, typically my breakdown is roughly as such...

Breakfast - 555 Calories, 37g of protein, 52g of carbs, 21g of fat

Lunch - 625 Calories, 81g of protein, 56g of carbs, 8g of fat

Dinner - 510 Calories, 70g of protein, 35g of carbs, 7g of fats.

The rest (which isn't much mind you) comes from little snacks and things. What I am wondering is if I should completely reduce my carbs at dinner to say, only greens (7-10g of carbs) and move the carbs to earlier in the day when I am more active.

Or should I up my protein and reduce my carbs further?
>>
>>35692278
Find me some skellies or faties doing real pull ups with full ROM and correct form
>>
>>35692264
Thanks, I'll give that a go over the next few weeks along with daily pushups
>>
>>35692145
You are supposed to eat 1g per pound of LEAN bodymass. Not total bodymass. Assuming you are like 6' tall, your lean bodymass is probably around 150 or so.
>>
>>35692278
Then just do more push ups. There was a 100 push up training program that I saw a while back. Literally you just train to do push ups.
It does require some core strength, so if you want to do accessories, do some core exercises
>>
>>35692287
Technically, calories in > calories out is the key to losing weight. I find cutting carbs helps me lose weight easier, specifically fats. Up your healthy fat intake and lower your carb intake and see if it works for you.
>>
>>35692342
Thanks, besides things like Almonds/Avocado, any other major "healthy" fat sources you recommend?
>>
Why is it I seem to lose all my weight when I sleep?

As an experiment, I've been weighing myself regularly throughout each day as I attempt to lose weight. (Thanks btw, I've been having success thanks to /fit/)

As you'd expect, as I drink water/eat my food through the day, my weight goes up.

However the next day as I wake up, not only has the weight from my water/food disappeared, but then even more too.

Interestingly, this happens regardless of whether or not I shit/piss. ( I took a week specifically where I monitored every time I went to the bathroom. )

An example:

> Day 1: 202 pounds.
> End of Day 1: 205 pounds. No shits taken, whatever I piss I easily replaced by drinking more water.
> Day 2: 200 pounds.

Where the fuck is all of that going while I sleep?

An other interesting thing is that no amount of movement seems to trigger weight loss while I'm awake. To test, I weighed myself, and then went on a 12 mile walk. When I finished, I weighed myself again. Weight was the same. I'm assuming because I drank enough water to replace my sweat.

This has me seriously baffled. Where did my body take the energy to walk that much from? I hadn't eaten enough calories at that time to cover 12 miles worth of walking.
>>
is vegan a cheaper protein source than meat? I have no qualms about eating/not eating meat but i'm a real poorfag and boneless skinless chicken breast keeps getting more and more expensive every week and i have to trim nearly 1.5lbs of nasty fat in a 5lb bag so it's not really a great deal. Tried switching to ground turkey/pork/beef but it's pretty much the same price. Been living off brown rice/canned tuna/mayo/canned green beans and peas for 2 weeks now wondering what i'm going to do.

they said a 15k salary is too much money for them to give me food stamps.
>>
>>35692372
You got a great start, olive oil is great and great for you. Cheese in moderation, fish has some really good for you fats.
>>
>>35692377
Your body does a lot of cell repair and whatnot while you sleep so you burn some calories that way. Also, say you eat dinner at 6pm, go to bed later, and get up around 6am. That is a 12 hour fasted window. You will have lost calories and water throughout the night.
>>
>>35692377

You burn calories by existing. You still exist while you're sleeping.
>>
>>35692401
Its not cheaper, probably more expensive.

Try buying whole chickens, should be a ton cheaper. Learn to either cook the whole thing, or cut it and portion it out. You can probably get a whole chicken for the price of two chicken breasts.
>>
>>35692430
>You still exist while you're sleeping.
How can you know though?
>>
>>35692436
To further illustrate my point: At Costco, the price for a Foster's Farm whole chicken was $1.29 a pound.

The same chicken breast is is like $3.00 a pound around here.

Per some formula I saw online, you get about .6 lbs of meat per 1 pound of whole chicken. Obviously, some of it wont be as perfect as macros as a chicken breast (the thigh, legs, wings etc.) but they taste really good, and you're a poorfag, so thats your best option.

The maths for my own curiosity
10 pounds of whole chicken should yield you 6 pounds of meat for the price of $12.90
2.15 Per pound

10 Pounds of chicken breast should yeild you (trimming fats) about 9 pounds of meat for the price of $30
3.33 per pound
>>
Should I stretch before squatting? Or is it fine to do a quick warmup on the bicycle machine?
>>
Experiencing wrist/forearm pain after playing volleyball earlier today.

Is it still okay to do arm exercises in the gym or should I just do another leg day? I really want to workout but I fear injuries.
>>
>>35692430
You don't excrete 5 lb of bodymass while being unconscious for 8 hours though
>>
>>35692505
Neither are necessary.
What's important is doing warmup squats with light weights.

>>35692510
Learn to listen to your body.
>>
>>35692498
Actually, >>35692401 you said you are trimming 1.5 pounds per 5 pounds. The the cost per pound for your chicken breast is more like 4>35 a pound, assuming you're paying around 3 dollars a pound for it, though I am assuming its cheaper since you have that much fat to cut away.
>>
>>35691762
bump
>>
>>35692522
Ok, you're on to us, the truth is the fat fairy comes at night and takes 5 pounds of gains away

You easily lose 5 pounds of water and mass at night. Could be more!
>>
>>35691762
Try limber 11

Worked well enough for me, do it every day before exercising
>>
>>35692563
If you're sweating over two liters a night you should see a doctor, senpai.
>>
>>35692522

Eh, actually I have a shit sleep cycle, so it isn't uncommon for me to sleep for 10-12 hours.

So considering I eat dinner 4-6 hours before I sleep, and no snacks, that's 14-18 hours without food before I've eaten again.

I guess it's possible. It just felt weird that my body would shed the weight of even the food I had eaten before even shitting most of it out. Guess I was mostly surprised at the efficiency our body has when breaking down food.
>>
>>35692103
Interesting. I'll look into it
>>
>>35691942
Have you pooped?
>>
>>35692404
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, likely will make my chicken better then just the spray pam i've been using :p

But yeah, I think the only reason I am asking is because the first 40 lbs came off so easy, making just simple life style changes (no fast food, no liquid calories).

Now since I started lifting weights (December) my weight has kind of plateau'd a bit where I'm pretty much at the same scale weight as I was then, I am noticing some changes (recomp?) in my body from the lifting but with 50 lbs to go to reach a healthy weight I wouldn't mind seeing movement on the scale, which is why I have been tracking my calories/macros pretty religiously the last month and wanted to maybe move some around to see if it helps.

I've read a bit on how sometimes dieted down people are a bit more sensitive to carbs from say a insulin response then someone that is the same weight but didn't drop massive weight, so I figured maybe lowering carbs a little and upping protein/fats might help. But I didn't want to go straight keto as I want to make changes to my life I can keep going with, I don't want to be on a diet necessarily as much as I want to be healthy -- obviously i'll need to keep my calories in check but I want to do it in such a way that I can live with the changes forever.
>>
>>35692617
I have :D
>>
>>35692522

You do if you wet the bed.
>>
>>35692089
You've put asian girls on a pedestal. That's ok as long as you realise a real asian girl will never live up to that ideal. If you put anything on a pedestal you'll find that it is both unattainable and disappointing when you have it. Or not.
>>
>>35692634
I'm pleased for you. Safe travels.
>>
>>35692217
Idk I just eat a lot of peanuts so if I had them salted my sodium intake would be waaaay too high. Plus I dislike the taste desu. If you're not having a lot it should be fine.
>>
I see quite often people talking about "eating clean" and I want to know exactly what that means.

For instance, I understand it means low sugar amounts. No fast food, no candy, no chips/junk food. That part is easy.

Specifically I'm worried about meat. I see people here talk like eating meat outside of fish and chicken is basically not eating clean, and the same for eating egg yolks with your eggs. ( egg whites only. )

I ask because while being poor and having a diabetic family has made it easy for me to switch to an entirely homemade diet free of junk/fast food, getting away from other meats has seemed to be hard.

Essentially, so long as I'm making my calorie goals, is that fucking pork chop or beef stew still terrible for me? ( It isn't as though we don't eat fish/chicken. Just not 24/7)

Also, most of my calories are coming from protein/fat. Because of my family being seriously diabetic, getting carbs is difficult, and to be honest I subconsciously dislike grains to the point that I have to force myself to finish a single serving of oatmeal.

If despite eating fresh fruit/veggies/meat, is it bad for my calories to come more from the meat end than the carb end?
>>
File: Deebly goncerned.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Deebly goncerned.png
98 KB, 600x500
Could someone critique my form? Sorry for being a complete faggot in the last thread. blease forgib :::-DDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3CvXvUQFAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC92WNk58z8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPDC1IrCet8
>>
>>35692583
http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/question227.htm
You don't just sweat it, when you breath you lose more water. Your body also burns on average 500 calories in a night of sleep, more muscle mass increases that amount significantly.
>>
File: twdwTEM.jpg (176 KB, 563x723) Image search: [Google]
twdwTEM.jpg
176 KB, 563x723
>>35692715
>>
>>35692634
Yay, what worked? Coffee and water? Hot bath?

>>35692596
Do your research! Wean yourself onto it slowly. EC stack is proven to work great, and alongside Yohimbine, it works even better.
>>
File: stomach wrecker.jpg (102 KB, 663x457) Image search: [Google]
stomach wrecker.jpg
102 KB, 663x457
I've been working out for two months now and I just started counting calories.
Went to Scooby's workshop and made the Weight Loss Meal Planner and made the meal in pic related.
I felt like a fucking fatass forcing myself to eat all that shit, I'm fucking stuffed, it doesn't feel like a cutting diet at all.
Right now I could literally go the rest of the day without eating anything more, but this is supposed to be only 1/3rd of what I should eat today, what the fuck. I ate 900 calories today and still have 1000 calories to go.
Am I a fucking retard? Did I do anything wrong? Is this normal?
>>
File: a little late for lenny.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
a little late for lenny.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>35692206
>Milk isn't bad, just don't drink a gallon of the shit a day unless you want gyno
Hear this man out, please.
>>
>>35692620
Oh yeah, I always cook my chicken in a little olive oil. Tastes so fucking good! Just make sure to continue counting the calories!

As you get less weight to lose, it gets harder! Trust me I know, I lost 80ish 2 years ago without almost any trouble, the last 20 was the hard 20

Also another potential problem is you could be overestimating serving sizes. Get a good kitchen scale and weight your food. When I started doing this I was floored at how small some servings sizes were, and was probably eating another 400-500 calories a day I didn't think I was eating
>>
>>35691776
did you remove your lifting plug? People sometime forget them.
>>
>>35692730

Ah, so apparently the pork is terrible for me.
>>
>>35692750
You're eating healthy, filling foods, of course it's going to be hard to eat a lot.

If it's too difficult for you to reach your calorie goals, you could probably eat less veggies and put some rice there or something.
>>
>>35692692
If you are properly hydrated, you shed the extra sodium without any trouble. If you have another condition like high blood pressure or heart conditions, you'll want to avoid sodium. But if you are a healthy person, you can eat tons more than recommended daily intakes
>>
>>35692715
I think people get a little too crazy with the chicken breast and tuna only meme. I eat steaks and pork chops and ground beef all the time. If you count macros properly, you'll make it
>>
How much water is too much daily? I probably drink around 5l a day and everyone says it's way too much
>>
>>35692762
Thanks.
Yeah I am already measuring out everything already, either the physical weight in grams or measuring cups/spoons for everything else. Sometimes I get a little to picky, the other day I poured like 4 oats into the bowl before I turned on the scale, I picked out the 4 pieces before I balanced it to 0 so I could make sure I was at the right amount.

I just laughed at myself afterwards cause 4 little oats won't make or break me, but what can I say.
>>
>>35692757
I did GOMAD for a month, took a break and then did 2 months a couple years ago, went from hungry skelet 65kg to around 75, but also got lumps under nips, more prevalent on one side, even still have it today. Could be late puberty, but I still wouldn't recommend GOMAD unless you came straight out of Auschwitz.
>>
Fuck brahs I don't know how to cut properly. I mean I know exactly the macros and techniques of eating, but what the fuck do you eat? I've been bulking for years and now I'm having to track my carbs and shit and eat even more protein than before without going over a limit, like am I supposed to eat chicken and jerky constantly or what
>>
>>35692822
See
>>35692730
>>
I keep stalling with OHP. Any tips? I'm eating over maintenance and I haven't skipped any workout.
>>
>>35692799
The problem with drinking too much water, so I've read is electrolytes being diluted. Also, you have to pee constantly. I thnk if you were to also make sure you are getting enough electrolytes you could drink however much water you wanted. Just check those sodium/potassium and magnesium levels.
>>
>>35692801
Good, you are on the right track! Consistency is the key. Just stick with it, and remember its not a diet. Its just how you eat from now on.
>>
>>35692743
>Yay, what worked? Coffee and water? Hot bath?
I had 4 cups of coffee, drank 0.5 liters of water and took a snow bath. That worked :)
>>
>>35692849
OHP is usually the first to stall. Sets? Reps?

Try a 10-20% deload, then work back up to your weight and see if that pushes you through it. If you have the option to microload, do that.

Also if you aren't doing them, weighted tricep dips as you deload to help.
>>
>>35692849
Sleep more and eat more are the standard /fit/ answers.

How much sleep are you getting per night?

You could try to add some accessory work.
>>
>>35692783
Thanks man, I always thought the hard thing about a fat loss diet was to avoid eating more, and the hard thing turns out to be the opposite lol
>>
I'm gonna start cutting soon, and I want to keep it cheap, so I'm gonna white rice a lot of food, since I could goo out and buy it for £1 per kg

The only problem is, I have never cooked rice before, and have only eaten it with curry, which I'm not massively fond of if it's spicy.

What are some very good recipes for white rice, like stir fry's?
>>
>>35692890
Well I assumed you intended to hit CALORIE GOALS, possibly while lifting or bulking.

For pure weight loss, the less you eat the better (though you should aim for no less than ~1300 calories a day). Also try to make most of your calories come from good sources. I mean, you'll lose weight at a calorie deficit even if calories are coming from sugar, but it'll not be healthy at all.
>>
Any former skellies here? Did you get stretch marks from leaving skelly mode? If so did they go away?

I've worked out for 5 months now and got some stretch marks on my legs.
>>
>>35693027
They fade after a little while. I can barely see mine.
>>
>>35692993
okay, that's a relief actually, I'm not sure I could eat another one like that.
So the 1800 they recommend me to lose fat is bullshit?
I think i'll seat at 1300-1400 then.
I work out on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday, I do bicycle on wednesdays. These two months have been pretty good but as I'm getting close to lose my beer belly it seems harder to lose fat, that's why I decided to complement my work out with a measured diet.
>>
There was a pretty sweet music thread last night where the original post was
>listening to metal while lifting
with pic related

It got 404'd anyone know how it ended?
>>
File: why.jpg (18 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
18 KB, 372x260
Is it normal to poop 3 times a day? They are solid, easy to pass.
>>
>>35693140

Search the archive, boards.4chan.org/fit/archive
>>
>>35693159
He said it got 404'd you idiot
>>
>>35693074
alright
>>
How to prepare eggs at the morning if I'm cutting?
Same goes for bulking?
>>
>>35693153
Normal for you. If it was painful, loose, or with blood then I'd be concerned.
>>
>>35693214
I skip breakfast completely on a cut! IF ftw, just drink black coffee and drink a shit ton of water
>>
I added chinups to SL. I can barely do sets of one. Any tips? Sets and reps in order to improve?
>>
File: Mahfud [2].jpg (95 KB, 1080x1275) Image search: [Google]
Mahfud [2].jpg
95 KB, 1080x1275
>>35693169

>Being this retarded.
>>
>>35693408
Why did you add chin ups? Just wondering
>>
When counting calories, do I weigh food before or after it's cooked?

Example: Frying/grilling a hamburger/ground beef. It loses weight after cooking. Yes, some of this is water. But a lot of it is also fat left in the bottom of the pan and strained off after cooking.

So which would be most accurate? I'm concerned if I weigh before hand that I am overestimating calories (bad for bulking) or if I weigh after, that I am underestimating them. ( Bad for cutting )
>>
>>35693533
before, always
>>
w2c good recipes with the main ingredient white rice for cutting, preferably easy ones like stir fry's?
>>
If i eat fruit and maintain a 750 caloric deficit and hit my protein goals will i lose less body fat than if i didn't eat simple carbs from fruits? (Keeping under 100g a day) I really like oranges and i eat 1 or 2 every day, they have like 10g of sugar. Also i get sugar from green beans, peas and yams. Is this bad for body fat loss?
>>
>>35693408
Pulldowns and negatives if strong enough
Scooby has a decent guide: youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>>35693214
However the fuck you want
All that will matter is your calorie and macro count at the end of the day

>>35692822
Eat the same shit
Just lower calories

>>35692725
Squat looks fine. Keep chest up and continue to work on mobility
Bench looks good. Set your body and arch before picking up the weight. Use lats to pull the bar out of the rack instead of tricep locking out first. Could look into how to use more leg drive
Go to /owg/ for clean help. Missing lat sweep (pulling bar closer) when initiating the second pull after clearing knees
Shit. Also, torso should maintain angle while pulling from the ground, leading to more powerful hip extension. Clean pull =/= deadlift, and yours looks like it does

>>35692233
Learn how to keep proper posture and stretch properly
It's a marathon, not a race

>>35692216
>1k deficit
>still using DNP
I would bet a lot that you are not 8% bf and never will be

>>35692207
Pushing everything back a day won't kill you
Neither will working out, but your workout will suck

Sleep faggot
>>
>>35693666
We saw your last post jackass. Just chose not to answer it
Fucking google it

>>35693681
It's fine, you're overthinking it
Just have a caloric deficit and you're fine
>>
Help /fit/

I'm texting some grill I met off Tinder. She sent me a nude and all that and we're definitely going to fugg, but I postponed our fuggin from what could have been today to next week.

The reason is because I have jock itch. I used 1% clotrimazole last time I got it but it took almost a fucking month for it to go away. I got Lamisil and started using it yesterday, but does anyone have experience with it and know the best way to get rid of it fast?

If anyone is curious I got it because I wear a cup twice a week when I train bjj/Muay Thai and I made the mistake of not washing it and the compression shorts between sessions.
>>
>>35693806
Cortizone cream
>>
what exactly stops me from just filling up calories with half a bag of chips every single day?
>>
>>35693562
not the same guy but related question, what about rice? when a diet says to eat 200gr of rice does it mean its raw weight or cooked weight? mind that 200gr of raw rice weight 400gr when cooked
>>
>>35693847
common sense hopefully
>>
>>35693755
Which areas of mobility should I focus on the most, and what would be the best stretches/rolling to do so?
Would lowering the rests on the rack make it easier to use lats to hold weight up when racking for bench?
Also thankoyu for pointing out how fucked my torso angle was, Rippetoe advocates that,but I've heard he's far from popular when it comes to people who teach the clean.
>>
>>35693850
What diet?
>>
>>35693666
Spanish paella
American jambalaya (cook it with the less fat you can)
and literally any chinese or indian food can (and must) be accompanied with rice
for cutting, avoid rissottos, they're fucking delicious too but not very healthy (although you could do it with a lot of veggies and more water than chicken broth)
>>
>>35693878
2000 calories
it's actually brown rice but I don't think it's relevant to the question
>>
>>35693912
rice is aroung 350-360 cals in dry weight. Calculate from there. You should measure all food weight uncooked. Why did you say 200 g of rice? Pls don't say you're following a fad diet?
>>
>>35693806

Post nude.
>>
>>35693850

Look at the bag's nutrition information. It will say cooked or uncooked for the portion.
>>
>>35693967
* 350-360 cals in 100 g that is.
>>
>Nov 1st, 270lbs
>today, 227lbs
>cycle 15km a day
>HIIT four times a week
>prepare all my own meals
>caloric deficit of 800
>no junk food, no fast food, no soda, no coffee, no booze

I'm stronger. My one-rep maxes have jumped 5-10%. My arms and legs and waist look thinner. But where it matters most: my face and gut, I don't notice much change. I went from size 44 pant to size 36 pant. I went from 2XL shirt to L shirt.

Why has my gut and face not become thinner?
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 800x875) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 800x875
Where are rear delts worked in SS?
Pic related is SS with different set ranges, so ignore that. I've included a picture for ur convienance
But where do rear delts get worked?
>>
>>35693833
I have 2.5% prescription strength cortisone lying around. I read that topical steroids can cause problems. Should I be worried if I'm mixing creams by applying it now?

I know you're (probably) not an M.D., but I appreciate any input you have.

Also, once or twice a day?
>>
>>35694024
Hydrocortisone*
>>
how do I warm up before lifting ?
>>
>>35693081
Losing fat over the course of multiple years is supposedly the healthiest way to do it (unless you're extremely fat, in which case you just need to lose it ASAP and nothing else matters).

Last I read about it, scientists actually mentioned that cutting under 800 was the problem, so they recommended eating no less than 1000 per day.
>>
>>35694022
>Why has my gut and face not become thinner?
Patience senpai. Lose enough and it will come.
>>
>>35693862
I started from SS too and yeah, his PC advice is pretty fucked (deadlift+jump)
>areas of mobility
I always feel like this is a loaded question. Standard response is EVERYTHING. In particular though, everybody needs to focus on hamstrings, hips and glutes
Srsly though, youre squat looked pretty good, which is why I said 'continue to' rather than just blasting you

The lat advice is a little more tricky in text. I just noticed you were extending your elbows (tri lockout) to help pull the weight out of the rack
I have long arms and realize this is unavoidable sometimes, but here is what I was getting at: https://youtu.be/EHx1gYTA-Rw?t=3m16s
You want to pull the bar out with your lats, in order to avoid any type of fatigue (on the triceps) or displacement

You obviously know what you're doing and are seeking information outside of just /fit/. Be wary of any advice you get on here

>>35694022
Everybody holds fat differently and will lost fat in different areas at a different rate
Keep at it m8

>>35694023
Rear delts are a (real) common and valid criticism of SS
I'm not sure what Rip's take is on this and have some interest in finding out (but too lazy to look right now). I would imagine it's something like: 'they are somewhat worked with the pinching for stability in the major exercises and in the deadlifts and adding something would take focus away from the main compounds'
This is not acceptable because of the world today and how posterior delts play a role in common posture issues we have

So I think the right approach is to just go ahead and add your own accessory for this. Done right, they should not get in the way of progress on the main lifts, at all.

Good exercises are rear delt DB raises (lying with stomach on bench), cable/band pullaparts and face pulls
>>
>>35694084
Light ~5 min cardio and warmup sets. Maybe foam rolling and active stretching if it floats your boat (it floats mine).
>>
Should seated bent over DB delt raises be harder than standing bent over DB delt raises

I usually did them standing, lean forward and raise arms to sides, fully contract delts, then put amrs back down.

Saw a few routines saying doing them seated instead of standing, wanted to see the difference, couldnt get the full ROM until I reduced weight by half.

Are they more difficult seated, or was that just bad/poor form because of unused position ?
>>
>>35693967
lol hell no, it was just a sample diet meal where the rice was an ingredient and I wanted to try it, it wasn't specified wether it was 200 gr of cooked or uncooked. I'm just eating healthy, veggies, chicken, fish, beans, etc. No fad diets mane.
>>35694013
thanks m80s
>>35694116
well it's not like I had a lot of fat, I guess I was around 17-18% or so (I've seen what 20% bf looks like and I've never been that fat, but I've seen what 15%bf looks like and I'm not that thin)
Thanks for the advice bro
>>
>>35694179
I thought stretching was really bad before lifting.?
>>
>>35694208
Static stretching is bad. I never said to static stretch
Dynamic stretching is useful, even before lifting
Examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=3B-3Khbht5s
youtube.com/watch?v=FSSDLDhbacc
youtube.com/watch?v=x522dB-4y2w
etc

>>35694196
When you are seated, you don't have the advantage of using your legs or hips
Even if you don't realize it, you are slightly cheating if you are able to lift more when standing
>>
>>35694208
Just stretch enough so that you are limber and loose. You shouldn't be stretching as if you are stretching specifically for maximum flexibility, only lightly hold the stretches for around 10 seconds (or more, depending on how flexible you are already). Make sure you stretch after you have already broken a sweat, as well.
>>
>>35694283
>hopping on someone else's train
>giving bad advice in the process
Shoo shoo gains goblin
Nobody asked you anything
>>
>>35693159
yeah I'm not stupid I tried it wasn't there
>>
>>35694311
Hey, I thought it was alright advice. That video you posted definitely demonstrated what I meant better than how I put it.

The way I prefaced the advice was basically saying not the static stretch. I'm not sure if you consider a 10 second stretch static, but it's not nearly enough to get the full benefit of what would be static stretching.

My bad for hopping on your train bro.
>>
>>35694361
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=4chan+archive
Here ya go
I found the thread in question in 2 seconds, but I'll let you figure it out on your own for future reference
>I'm not stupid
OK
>>
>>35694395
You were just trying to help anon, it's OK.
Just go back to the original post and reply to that next time. Hopefully you can see how your response could be misinterpreted by a newb by seeing the original context
>>
Isn't salmon just flat out better than Tuna?

Or are the mercury levels too similar to bother
>>
sticky doesn't say anything about fucking machines, and my gym doesn't do free weight.
what do ?
>>
>>35694481
Find a real gym

>>35694474
You probably won't die either way
>>
>>35693847
Nothing, have fun with high cholesterol though
>Eating shit macros
>Making it
Pick one
>>
>>35694494
I'm not worried about dying. I'm worried about nerve toxins.
>>
>>35694481

>Fourth, good programs have you using barbells and/or dumbbells, not machines. Machine exercises are inferior to using free weights in almost every situation. Any workout program that is based around using machines is almost guaranteed to be stupid and mostly a waste of your time. One exception you might consider is a lat pulldown machine if you aren't strong enough to do chin-ups and don't have an assisted chin-up machine available, but even here the real exercise is markedly superior. Further reading: Why weight machines are bad for almost everyone.

http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/11/why-weight-machines-are-bad-for-almost.html
>>
Good idea to start roommate on SL?
>>
>>35694481
The sticky DOES go over free weight vs machines you retarded faggot
>>
How would I know where to start for starting weight on dumbells/barbell for different exercises? Just stack a certain weight and if it's too heavy just remove some? Trial and error?
>>
Went to gym on Monday for first time in 6 months. Still baby weight duel but loaded %70 of my squat that I left at for 3x5. I was able to do it fine but the doms is fucking killing me and today is my gym day. How should I do it? Do I skip squats? Do I deload? Do I push through and add weight?
>>
>>35693533
If you have the stats for that particular piece of food after being cooked, then you can measure it after cooking. But most of the stats you'll find will be for it pre-cooking.
>>
>>35694580
Start with an empty bar. Do 5 reps. If too light add 5 or 10 pounds. Repeat until you get to your starting weight
>>
>>35694580
Foolproof approach, as in SS from Rip:
Start with bar, do 3-5 reps, add ~10 lb, repeat. Keep going up until cannot maintain form and/or bar speed is slowed. This is your starting point

In general, you want to start somewhere that you can use perfect form and also allows you to KNOW that you can progress the first couple of weeks without any stall.
Be patient with it.

So yeah, pretty much trial and error going from the bottom up with great patience.

>>35694590
Read the sticky
DOMS doesn't mean shit, it's just your body adapting to a new workload. It will go away with more exercise
>>
What are some good movies about lifting or selv improvement in general?
>>
Anyone tried zinc supplements? What effects did it have?
>>
Should i be counting my macros on a bulk even though i stuff my face everyday
>>
I'm considering getting a cortisone injection for subacromial bursitis.

How long does it generally take to get back in the gym after getting one? Anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>35690991
Dont want to bulk buy meat, i am mostly vegan apart from tuna and other fish and dairy.
>>
>>35695021
Clean Bulk, Yes
Dirty Bulk, No
Prepare to lose more fat at the end of a dirty bulk though. (They can be kinda fun!)
>>
File: 1452002257170.gif (1 MB, 400x221) Image search: [Google]
1452002257170.gif
1 MB, 400x221
>>35695255
>i am mostly vegan apart from tuna and other fish and dairy.
Triggered on so many levels
>>
File: hand.png (1 MB, 1116x1488) Image search: [Google]
hand.png
1 MB, 1116x1488
When i dead lift I hold the bar where the red line is rather than the black one because it's more comfortable. Are there any downsides to this?
>>
>>35689854
how do i lose fat and gain muscle at the same time?
is it doable by just staying at maintinace?
>>
>>35695504
Answered your own question. Obviously both of those goals will happen at a slower rate than if you focused on just one. Personally, if you are skinnyfat I think lifting at a small deficit (-5% or -10% of TDEE) will give you more motivation, as you'll build muscle and also lose fat at a more visibly obvious rate.
>>
started my bulk pretty late because i was an insecure pussy last year so basically ive only been bulking around 3/4 months.

Is that too little time to make gains? Basically asking if i start cutting in february, did i fuck up, thanks.

also is march more ideal? i cant handle this >15% bf for much longer
>>
>>35695873
You should never bulk above 15% bf
>>
I've been doing C25K and my right foot goes numb and my calf gets tight.
I'm thinking of not running for awhile until I drop some more weight and do some calf strengthening exercises and stretches.

I just hope to fuck it's not compartment syndrome and it'll just go away eventually. Hopefully it's just my weight.

Is it ok to run at 89kg at 5"8-5"9?
>>
Ayo hold up

So I'm doing tricep cable pushdowns.

Up to where should I adjust the lever thing? I put it slightly above my head. Is this correct?
>>
>>35696337
>lever
fml I meant pulley
>>
How does /fit/ feel about a 3 week bulk in the middle of a Spring cut?

Smart? Dumb? Not really doing anything?

I ask because I'm going on a 3 week business trip and I have a $1300 food allowance, so naturally I was planning on eating steak and lobster every night.
>>
Will marijuana effect my gains aside from being hungry and making the gains goblins of life more appealing?
>>
>>35696430
Dumb. Just spend it on shrimps and lobster.
>>
how can i defeat diarrhea? Ive been taking care of my mom cause she had UTI and diarrhea. Im too self conscious to poop at the gym
>>
Can someone explain me the difference between volume, light volume and intensity day in a routine ?
>>
Can squats with insulin pump hurt me? And can you even go low bf with first type diabetes(insulin pump)?
>>
So (Cable)Rows...
Do I keep my scapula retracted&depressed throughout the whole range of motion or do I let my shoulders come foreward only to retract&depress them again in the process of pulling?
>>
>>35696525
Get some loperamide, it's usually OTC
>>
Broke my bed a week ago by being fat and having fat people sex, it'll be a few weeks until I can buy a replacement boxspring.
The problem is that it's really screwed up my back, can't squat or deadlift and the short bits of of walking I do everyday (about 20 minutes to get to work) gets really painful about halfway through.

I've been doing the rest of my routine and a bunch of foamrolling everyday, but is there anything else can do to remedy my issues?
>>
>>35695504
Depends on how fat you are, if you're really fat you can eat at a deficit (low carbs, high protein) and still gain muscle.
>>
>>35696728
Go see a doctor m8, back issues are not to be fucked with.
>>
>>35696810
Damn it, I knew that answer was coming up.
>>
how to progress on ohp if there are only 5lb plates?
>>
>>35696864
I mean, you don't have to. But would you rather have it become degenerative unknowingly and cripple you slowly?
>>
Hurt my tailbone area squatting or deadlifting a few months ago. It doesnt hurt just walking around and sitting but when I get out of bed after sleeping it kinda hurts or when I put a curve in my lower back.

I haven't squatted or deadlifted since then but the pain is still there. I have a doctors appointment in March but anyone have any idea what it is/what I can do? I hate only going to the gym to do upper body.
>>
>>35696975
Increase volume. Try getting in more reps, if you're doing 3x5 try doing 8, 10. Then maybe add another set.

Then you can add those 5lb plates and try getting in 3 reps (do sets of 3). Then try doing more reps. And soon you'll be good to do 3x5 (or whatever you do).
>>
>>35697040
Take it easy for a while, don't go around doing more shit to your back. Take ibuprofen for pain and inflammation.

Make this your cut if you don't like training upper body alone :)
>>
>>35696984
Okay, doctors appointment it is
I guess there's a few other things he should check when I'm there, it's been a few years
>>
File: image.png (90 KB, 318x235) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90 KB, 318x235
>>35697140
>>
>>35696571
Bumping this pls
>>
Trying to figure out what my best option is between cutting hard or eating at maintenance while recomping. pretty sure bulking is not an option for someone at my bodyfat %.

I'm 5'11 200lbs @ roughly 25% bodyfat.
Is 170lbs at sub 15% bodyfat a realistic goal in 20 weeks on EC stack and a 400-500 calorie deficit?

If I decide to eat at maintenance, will ephedrine help me keep muscle and burn fat like it does when you cut?

Almost two months on SS so far and I've made decent gains eating slightly above maintenance. I want to not be a fat piece of shit. SS seems made for skinny dudes and fatties who don't care about being fat. What's the best option/ a good program for someone who is overweight starting out, doesn't want to get fatter but still wants to gain strength? I don't expect the same gains as a bulk, I'm just looking for a way to make progress on all fronts rather than completely going full skeleton or full fatty.
>>
>>35696571
>>35697409

Volume is higher reps (with lower weights), intensity is higher weights (with lower reps). Both have their places depending on your goals.

You can lookup Daily Undulating Periodization for information regarding routines that do this.
>>
Do you guys have any of those friends who seem to have a fucking farm of pussy in their phones?

How do you achieve something like that? Do you hit every girl you meet and talk to her about her sad life while explaining how yours is cooler?

I mean some of these guys are not even hot they just seem to go on with all the girls they meet.
>>
>>35689854
200x the LD50
>>
>>35697488
I went through a similar thing, Fatty+SS+EC stack and all. DESU I'd just cut (deficit+EC) and keep going hard at SS.

You're very much in the noob gains range which will help you keep gaining (being fat helps too). Eat clean carbs, make sure you're getting enough protein, and I guarantee you will not go full skelly in 20 weeks.
>>
I can voluntarily sublux my left shoulder and it's starting to feel shaky and weak during OH press and pull ups. What can i do to stop this?
>>
Am I wasting my time with short runs for weight loss? I basically run every other day, between 2 and 3 miles, between 9 and 10 minutes per mile. I can do so comfortably, so it's no big deal. I hear a lot about running at least x amount of time to burn fat, though. Thoughts? I know I'm still burning calories, regardless of how long I run.
>>
>>35697719
Eat less, burn more. This is how you lose weight.

If you're comfortable with your runs, try running for longer periods or go faster. Challenge yourself.
>>
>>35695499
Both are wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ
Should be held in teh first knuckle (above your red line)

>>35696336
Fix your running form

>>35696337
It doesn't really matter as long as you have tension for the full ROM
The angle change shouldn't be drastic, as you should mostly be pulling downwards

>>35696457
Not really
Moderation is always key

>>35696430
Pointless to call it a 'bulk'
But I'd go nuts too

>>35696571
Read more before you jump into a routine that may not even suitable for you
If you're a beginner, you absolutely don't need this periodization in your routine

>>35696685
Scapular retraction is essential for exercises, true.
In the case of rows and pullups, allow yourself to get a little stretch before pulling.

So no, do not keep your scapular retracted for the whole row. Allow them to protract
youtube.com/watch?v=GG6EjB3ZVf4
https://youtu.be/f3CqTvPls_Q?t=29s

>>35696728
Other guy is correct, but missed an important point
Lose weight fatty

>>35696975
Volume (reps) and/or bring your own fractional plates

>>35697597
Be confident
Have money
Be good looking

You don't lose anything from rejection. Go for opportunities that you normally wouldn't (and absolutely those that you should have)

Girls often won't even give a shit about your life if you talk about theirs. Others are different
>>
>>35697695
See a doctor or other medical professional and get advice specifically related to your own condition

>>35697719
Exercise is never a waste of time
Something is always better than nothing
Consider sprints or actually pushing yourself further/faster
>>
File: 1448995044369.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448995044369.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
I'm going from a bro-split to a full body routine. And I don't know how I have to warm up for a day like this
Bench 3x5
Squat 1x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chinups 3xF or Lat Pulldown (Chinup Grip) 3x8-12
DB Incline Bench 3x8-12
Cable Crossovers 3x8-12
Low Cable Flys 3x8-12

When I had to train chest, I just used to do push ups and lateral raises and I was set to go.
But with a workout like this, how do I warm up since I'll have to use all my body and lift heavy as fuck for only one rep on two of the compound exercices where I can easily injure myself ?
>>
>>35698024
You're going to do the same workout every time?
What's your split/scheme like (AxAx etc)?
What are you current lifts?
What are your goals?

I'm going to go ahead and making some assumptions and say that you have no business making your own routine. Furthermore, your technique on the lifts is probably shit too.

>don't know how I have to warm up
Really seems like you don't know anything at all
Warm ups should be simple to learn how to do and you should already know how if you knew the least bit about lifting

I'm sorry if this is harsh, but your post literally upset me a little bit and I don't care to read any bullshit you're about to come up with
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.