[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chanko Nabe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: chanko.jpg (111 KB, 690x515) Image search: [Google]
chanko.jpg
111 KB, 690x515
Do anyone here eat this, I discovered this through some Sumo documentaries and cooked it myself. I think it's a really good way to healthily bulk up, especially when you pair it with a lot of rice.

It's super versatile you can use any soup base, chicken, beef, fish, miso etc. and you can pretty much add any meat or vegetables in it and it's always delicious.

Feels so good to eat this after a long workout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW7n2UP60bk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZNZHAkbyo
>>
Looks GOAT gonna try making it. Thanks OP.
>>
>>35688341
Best bulking meal. Drink plenty of beer and then take a nap also.
>>
>>35688341
looks like a bitch to prepare honestly

think i'll stick to my boiled chicken and broccoli
>>
File: 1415675737634.jpg (41 KB, 600x863) Image search: [Google]
1415675737634.jpg
41 KB, 600x863
>>35688455
>Drink plenty of beer
>>
>>35688341
>watch first video
>see sumo ass
>think "damn dat ass"

Its official, Im gay.
>>
Looks good as hell breh

on the topic of balkin foods one of my favorite post gym chow downs is:

1 jimmy dean sausage packet
8 eggs
1 potato, diced and pan-fried till brown
shredded mexican cheese
flour tortillas

I usually fast the whole day and eat this ~2700 cals meal after a good sesh
>>
>>35688469
That's right faggot
>>
File: chiyonofuji1.jpg (15 KB, 300x369) Image search: [Google]
chiyonofuji1.jpg
15 KB, 300x369
>>35688482
Glutes for the sloots and [spoiler]FOR YOU[/spoiler]
>>
Some day I need to go to a proper chanko place and see how properly made stuff is.
>>
>>35688341
sumo is the /plg/ of japan

oh wait that works on TWO levels
LMAO
>>
>>35688489
but I feel like if you eat that you feel pretty bad afterwards because it's so much fat and protein with no vegetables

with Chanko it's actually pretty light because it's mainly veggies with very little fat
>>
>>35688586
>proper chanko place
So a sumo stable
>>
>>35688603
I don't live in Japan, and I figure a stable or a chanko place would be hard to come by in the US outside of maybe LA or SF (wrong coast)
>>
>>35688654
They're hard to come by in japan
Source: live in tokyo
>>
So, has anybody tried this person's recipe?
http://munchies.vice.com/recipes/chanko-nabe

It looks... pretty basic.
>>
Alan thrall did a video on this, look it up
>>
>>35688760
>http://munchies.vice.com/recipes/chanko-nabe
I think it's all about the soup base

the more care you spend making the broth the better it will taste.
>>
I think I'd rather have pho but with a lot of extra meat.
>>
So effectively it's a whole food shake if you will?

It looks fucking lush, I'm hungry.
>>
>>35688341
What's the difference between this and any other broth, apart from Japanese seasonings?
>>
I made this last Thursday and it was awesome but it's also kind of a pain in the ass just cause there's so many fucking ingredients
>>
>>35688469
Milk is for babies, men drink beer.

-Arnie Schwartz
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.