[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoulder Crunching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: shoulder.jpg (38 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
shoulder.jpg
38 KB, 493x335
So when I'm doing front, side, and rear delt flyes my shoulders make this crunching noise every single rep. It's not necessarily painful but it's uncomfortable I suppose. Did I visit snap city and not even realize it?
>>
>>35683346
nah you are ok.

It happend to me when I start lifting, but not anymore.
>>
>>35683366
I've been lifting for a long time tho, it just got louder recently. I'm kinda concerned mainly bc lifting is the only thing keeping me from kms ;_;
>>
>>35683463
don't be pussy keep on lifting
>>
>>35683346
Don't listen to these guys. The crunching is normal per se, but only because the average person doesn't do mobility exercises.

You can keep going and hope not to get a shoulder injury, or you can deload the weights and work on increasing your shoulder flexibility.
Used to have the same thing, but now that I've done mobility work, it's gone.
>>
Could be a sign your form is off. Shoulders are naturally designed to be raised in front of you. If you are raising too far to the side (such that your body forms a straight line from arm to shoulder to chest to other shoulder to other arm) you could be asking for an impingement.
>>
>>35683346
that's you shoulder helping you eat so you make more gains
>>
its your scapula rubbing on your rib cage. fairly normal, if you go to a doc they will send you to pt.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J9yRiOeVvIM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3cIDFUafU

athlean x is god
>>
I had the same problem for well over a decade OP.

It is the sound of the tendon moving awkwardly over the bone -- it causes a popping noise and a weird sensation in your shoulder if you focus on it.

9/10 doctors wont do anything because nothing is technically wrong.

Nonetheless something in the past happened to your shoulder to cause the tendon to move in such an awkward way.

The minute you have a sharp pain in the shoulder, you know there is a tear or partial tear.

Source: me -- I had the same problem, eventually tore the shoulder. Had to get surgery, but now at 100%. They also fixed the popping noise too at least.
>>
>>35684476

Forgot to mention me tearing the shoulder was a separate issue from the popping noise.

It was just while they were sewing the muscle back together or whatever it is they did, they also managed to fix the unrelated popping noise.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.