[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PROTEIN BARS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: ProteinBarPile1.jpg (173 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
ProteinBarPile1.jpg
173 KB, 800x533
What is /fit/ opinion on Protein Bars? Not as everyday meal replacement but as food on the go?
>going home
>but stuck in traffic,hungry
>protein bar from backpack/jacket
>not hungry anymore
or
>be at work
>ate but worked like a horse and now hungry like one
>protein bar to the rescue

Fuck yeah or fuck no?
>>
>>35682154
probably eat one if i made them myself
>>
I eat one (pure protein) every day for breakfast... Am I fucking my shit up?
>>
>>35682154
good for cutting

complete waste of money if you're bulking or even maintaining
>>
>>35682296

>pure protein

Does it taste good? I mean if you are eating it every day...
>>
>>35682154
Ever since I read that you can actually count the protien from sources other than meat I never have issues hitting my protein macros even when cutting.
>>
>>35682356
Yeah the chocolate peanut butter one.
>>
>>35682154
They're alright. Don't go overboard and watch your macros niggs.
>>
>>35682383

are you replying to the correct thread? op asked about protein bars here and there
>>
File: aus-271_2z.jpg (178 KB, 1600x574) Image search: [Google]
aus-271_2z.jpg
178 KB, 1600x574
>>35682430

It does look good.
>>
Don't most protein bars have more carbs than protein?
>>
>>35682154

I only eat the low sugar ones when dieting.

Quest are the best and Think Thin are OK.
>>
>>35682509
Yeah mine is in a blue package but it's good shit mane!
>>
>>35682356
>pure protein
>>35682296
>pure protein
>>35682443
my niggas

i eat one of these per day, chocolate (21g protons, 180 kcal)
>taste good
>cheap
>whey protons

i've probably eaten over a thousand of them
>>
Homemade protein bars for breakfast. Every day.
Store bought is a waste of money.
>>
anyone have any decent recipes so I can make my own? fuck dishing out money on them when i already have protein
>>
>>35682154
i treat 'em like candy

i count calories so i can pretty much eat whatever the fuck but i know they aren't very satiating so i try to not have alot of them

they're good macro-wise but they're dense in calories and I could easily have a chicken breast with steamed veggies as a side in lieu of a regular protein bar (200kcal)
>>
>>35682841

I was about to ask this too
>>
The only right answer is QuestBar.
>>
>>35682553
I love the think thin lean protein and fiber bars

Salted caramel is my favorite
>>
>>35682946

Yeah I love these.

>>35682841
>>35682927

Also adding these anons, interesting in making my own as well.
>>
I have a recipe. It's 'cookies' but if you shape them into bars it's the same thing. Anyone want?
>>
File: oat cookies.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
oat cookies.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>35683107
forgot pic
>>
>>35683107
Yes please cookiebro
>>
File: Chloe Camilla.gif (2 MB, 170x270) Image search: [Google]
Chloe Camilla.gif
2 MB, 170x270
>>35683107
>>35683116

YES PLEASE!
>>
File: oat cookies recipe.png (13 KB, 632x515) Image search: [Google]
oat cookies recipe.png
13 KB, 632x515
>>35683228
>>35683251
Here you go
>>
Does anyone here like Builder Bars?
>>
File: velvet-pumpkin.jpg (59 KB, 570x243) Image search: [Google]
velvet-pumpkin.jpg
59 KB, 570x243
I read the packets of a bunch of these when I first got into fitness and they almost all contained sugar, the few that didn't just tasted like shit and had minimal protein

In short, they're 95% overpriced sugary garbage

For those asking about making your own

>125g Oats, ground/powdered ideally
>10g Cornflour
>200g Protein powder of choice
>100ml of milk or any nut milk. Add more moisture to desired consistency. Remember most vegetables/fruits you add will also add moisture.

>Optional coconut/vanilla/banana slices/cocoa powder for taste

I like adding grated carrot for flavour and texture too and making and adding almond nut butter or your own peanut butter works well too. Adding almost any root veg makes them better.
>>
>>35683285
YOU DA REAL MVP, tanks anon
>>
File: fukkensaved.jpg (19 KB, 497x454) Image search: [Google]
fukkensaved.jpg
19 KB, 497x454
>>35683285

Thanks a lot! May your gains live forever!

One question tho, if anyone else knows... Does baking "hurt" whey protein values? I meant its 180C for 15 minutes...
>>
>>35683406
Whey is already treated with heat during processing so I guess it's fine. A lot of the protein bar recipes online use heat, including Scooby's.
>>
>>35683433

Ok
Also, what a nice thread.
>>
PureProtein bars máster race

Good for bulking and emergency situations (aka need extra calories, like 300 cals and 30g protons)

Look for them.op, they sell them in costco (20-25 dlla for 22 bars) they taste nice as well
>>
>>35682509
>20g of protons
congrats on falling for the goy's marketing ploys only get 30+ grams
>>
>>35682154
quest bar is best bar
>>
they sell those titan brand ones in my gym's vending machine for like five bucks each. the mint choc chip one is fucking rad and it's got 30 grams or so of broteins
>>
I keep low carb and quest bars are nice when I feel like some dessert. They taste alright, lots of fiber
>>
Literally no bar is better than a Quest bar.

It's not even close.
>>
>>35685883
>>35685934
yeah but they are also expensive, as are most protein bars. I dont get why they cost so much, it is not like the components are so expensive or are they ? A normal fucking candybar costs way less.
>>
>>35685992
>A normal fucking candybar costs way less.
It's not a candy bar. It's a bar that heavily considers health orientation that also manages to taste amazing.

Why even compare it to a candybar? Do you think all the customers like myself who repeatedly buy from them enough for them to have raised the price to almost $3 (at least here in Canada) regard them as candy bars?
>>
>>35686018
because they are pretty much on par with the protein cookie that Rich Piana eats. They are not the basis of a healthy diet and lifestyle and if you eat right you dont need them. So in my mind they are just to treat yourself. But that was not why I made that comparison.

The question is why are they so expensive ? The fact that they are healthy is not a reason for them to be expensive otherwise vegetables would cost a shitton of money. So which component makes them so expensive ? Or could I just buy all the components and start baking/selling protein bars with a better pricepoint ?
>>
>>35686071
>because they are pretty much on par with the protein cookie that Rich Piana eats.
I avoid anything Piana. I don't care about him. Feel free to elaborate; I don't know what he eats. Willing to bet the ingredients are nowhere as good as a Quest bar's, though, or I'd have heard of it.

>They are not the basis of a healthy diet and lifestyle
Great calorie to protein ratio; great calorie to fiber ratio; great protein to net carb ratio; great ingredients; great fullness factor; great taste.

>if you eat right you dont need them.
Point being what? They don't have to fill in a gap in someone's diet. They're good on their own. A well-eating person who substitutes a meal in favour of a bar isn't doing himself harm. A poor-eating person who uses it sure as hell isn't doing himself harm. Saying "wait, there's a better combination of caloric uses!" can apply to pretty much every meal. There's nothing wrong with a Quest bar. I invite you to show me a candy bar with its nutritional profile.

>The question is why are they so expensive ?
For the aforementioned reasons I started off with. Consistency in those reasons throughout the company's entire line of products helps promote trust and strengthens their brand. I respect their philosophy. I respect that they don't put total shit in food and try to pass it off as healthy like just about every other protein bar. Enough people can say this about them -> we commit to re-ordering -> the rest is supply and demand. They're extremely popular within the fitness industry - it really surged in 2014 if I'm remembering right. Featured in lots of competition shows and what not. They've got a great and trustworthy brand and the product itself is healthy and tastes great.
>>
File: www.thegymherald.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
www.thegymherald.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
Just eat a stick of celery with peanut butter ... or better yet, eat it without peanut butter you fat fuck.. stop being childish and needing sweets to tame your hunger
>>
>>35686167
>eat it without peanut butter you fat fuck
do you even know what the peanut butter is for?
>>
>>35686195
yes, but does that mean it's good for you? No.
>>
>>35686276
you obviously don't if you're suggesting not eating it
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.