[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so the Army wants to pay civilians to eat nothing but MRE's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: Screenshot_2016-01-19-12-55-44.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-19-12-55-44.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Okay so the Army wants to pay civilians to eat nothing but MRE's for 3 weeks. I've heard they're pretty calorie dense, they're free AND you get paid to do it.... i'd like to partake in the study but you gotta meet with them 3 times a week, take blood piss and shit samples and I don't have time for that. Your thoughts?
>>
RIP in peace

T. Air force
>>
File: 1443144067278.png (189 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1443144067278.png
189 KB, 500x737
>>35681207
Meals rejected by Ethiopians
There will be no stool samples the first week
Or the second
By the third week, you finally get the stool sample, and it comes with a blood sample
>>
>>35681207
MREs aren't terrible.
Not a milfag here, but I have family in the airforce.
As long as you heat them up, they're great. Most of the MREs that you can buy at the commissary have skittles and shit too, for some reason.
The dreamsicle cookie is GOAT.
>>
File: MREs.png (187 KB, 778x2724) Image search: [Google]
MREs.png
187 KB, 778x2724
Enjoy some reverse anus pounding.
>>
>>35681436
>>35681377
They can't be worse than public American high school lunch
>>
File: MREs.png (121 KB, 1418x1130) Image search: [Google]
MREs.png
121 KB, 1418x1130
>>
>>35681481
High school lunch makes you shit water
MREs make you shit bricks
>>
>>35681207
You'll be fine. Guys ate nothing but MRE's for months during the invasions. You probably won't shit for a few days.
They're garbage for lifting though. Just tons of carbs. They're not especially calorically dense either. If you eat everything in the bag, it'll be 1000-1200 calories.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (47 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
47 KB, 500x374
>>35681481
They seem more offputting than pic related, but some of the food can be good.

I actually kinda miss school "pizza".
>>
>>35681511
Fuck, that pizza was GOAT despite looking like complete shit. Although I was young and starving so I'm sure that had something to do with it.
>>
>>35681511
That looks disgusting don't you guys go out for lunch?
>>
>>35683239
No. Were not allowed to leave the premise for 9 hours after arrival in the morning for any situation.
>>
>>35681207
lol haven't you read any of the stories on /k/ (I think it was /k/) about MRE shits?

LOLOLOLOL wat is fiber?
>>
File: harold pls no.jpg (190 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
harold pls no.jpg
190 KB, 1268x1695
>>35681502
my fucken seids
>>
>>35681207
You'd die. I worked for TAF and had to eat the shit they gave to poor US soldiers when we were working together. It's a miracle they still haven't started a coup if that's the only thing they're eating. And atleast we have faucets and bidets in Turkey so the burning sensation can be stopped by cold water.

The worst thing about them? Their shittiness persist. You keep shitting bricks and feeling as if being stabbed in the gut even 3 to 4 days after eating a normal meal.
>>
They are absolute shit and will destroy your butthole. When I was deployed we ordered ramen over Amazon and lived off ramen and protein powder because it was safer / more enjoyable.
Couldn't pay me enough to do that study.
>>
>>35684001
Are you kidding? No wonder kids hate school there
>>
File: bist diddylift.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bist diddylift.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>35684621
>implying any kid in any country loves school
>>
Pretty sure all military food has some type of wonky HGH.

I've had skinny to normal sized friends who go in and a few months later their bodies are completely different. Warpigs and ghouls come out.
>>
>>35681207
MREs aren't too bad to me, but I'm the kind of guy that can eat off of a lunch truck.
Best MREs are
>all vegetarian (lasagna is best)
>spicy penne pasta
>tuna fish (haven't seen that in a long time)

Worst
>breakfast sausage

Everything else is ok.

Remember that these are hugely calorie dense because the are generally meant for warriors in an austere environment. One MRE is going to have at minimum, a day's worth of calories (2,000) but as much as 4,000. They also aren't meant to be entirely eaten in one sitting, that's why trail mix, candy, etc are in there.

For any military members that have only ever had regular MREs, do yourselves a favor and request Kosher or Halal meals. You have normal shits, you don't feel sluggish after eating, and best of all they taste good.
>halal lentil with lamb is GOAT.
>>
>>35681207
Fuck that.
>>
>>35685641
Absolutely garbage tastes my friend
>>
>>35681511
Fucking gross

t. Not amerifat
>>
>>35685641
I loved the maple sausage one and everyone in my unit hated, HATED the vegetarian meals.
I agree on the penne pasta though, was usually the one I went for. Haven't seen tuna in awhile either but that was a unit favorite too.

I think they got rid of the stupid "cheeseburger" one (whatever it was called). Absolutely disgusting. Also worst bang for your buck (you learn to pick which ones are good maybe not for the main meal but what comes with it). The cheeseburger one just had one "meat" patty, two bread "buns" and some "cheese".
>>
>>35681207
Godspeed Adrienne Aand Holly. Thank you for what you are doing
>>
>>35685719
And I'm fine with that.

>>35685739
The sausage one isn't my thing. There is another meal, can't remember the name of it but it's like chicken wing gelatin and pressed Vienna sausage. Blegh.

Guess I like the veggie ones best because I don't feel blah after, they are decent cold and good hot.

Buffalo chicken was good and I haven't seen that since tuna.

Best sides:
All peanut butter
Raspberry apple sauce
Blackberry jam
Creamsicle cookie
>>
>>35685641
MREs only have about 1200 calories if you eat everything
>>
I'm pretty sure none of you faggots have eaten MREs long term.
First off, when you start eating them you'll shit your guts out a couple days. After, you'll be clogged up, pooping like once every 3-4 days since they have almost zero fiber. However, the gum in it makes you shit, so you can an time shits with that.
Secondly, the veggie meals are fucking disgusting, especially lasagna and spicy penne. Sausage and gravy is by far the worst, almost impossible to eat cold, and still gross warm since they took out the biscuit that came with it.
Most importantly, the protein is low as fuck, even if you eat 3 a day. Might get lucky and get 140 if you get all heavy meat ones (like jerky and pb in one).
The rest of the calories are almost pure sugar. It's meant to be fast burning calories for the field. Tons of sugar and fats including TRANS FATS with low protein.
>>
>>35686310
>eating 1300 cals of transfers and sugar 3x a day for 3900 cals
>only
>>
Yea because eating shit for 21 days and only getting paid 200 dollars seems worth it.
>>
>>35681436
> airforce
> heat up MREs

kek. The real folks who actually need to use MREs never have the time to heat them up
>>
>>35681207
the whole point of MRE's is for them to have high calories mate
>>
enjoy your prolapsed anus
>>
Army fag here

Most MRE's are mediocre some are good and some fast like shit.

I don't know why people are saying one thing has like 3000cals, usually if you eat Everything in it it has about 1200-1500 and you probably won't.

Also the macros are usually really good on the entrees, especially any of the chicken ones like penne pasta or chicken fajita, it's the sides and desserts with a shit town of carbs

The blueberry cherry cobbler is GOAT.
>>
File: k eats some MREa.png (64 KB, 966x577) Image search: [Google]
k eats some MREa.png
64 KB, 966x577
/k/ can tell you exactly why this is a bad idea.
>>
Jesus, guys.

The British Army Rat packs are absolute gold, compared to these. One good, solid dump every two days.

>chocolate pudding is GOAT dessert, fruit dumplings is the worst
>>
File: 1439950086883.png (79 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1439950086883.png
79 KB, 250x238
>>35681511
>pizza
>cookie
>chocolate milk
>peaches no doubt preserved in sugar
>fucking corn

It's like something they'd eat in Idiocracy.
Captcha: choose all the cookies.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.