[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military FItness thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: operate winter.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
operate winter.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3840
hey /fit/, /k/ here. I'm already in the military but I'm trying to go SF once my three year minimum passes. I read your sticky. It talks a lot about getting big (eat a lot, eat well, lift high weight low reps) but reading Stew Smith, he puts a lot of emphasis on pull-ups, running, rucking, and swimming. His suggestions also seem to take up a lot of time
I can't see myself
>swimming 2-3 times a week
>running 4-5 miles a week
>rucking 2-3 times a week
>75 pull ups, 200 pushups, 200 situps, every other day (aren't situps back for you back?)
AND keeping a good weight lifting routine.

not with a job, college, and the guard.
>>
>>35475741
>75 pull ups, 200 pushups, 200 situps, every other day (aren't situps back for you back?)

i would replace this stuff with weightlifting in the 10-12 rep range, that type of workout just isn't very effective
>>
>>35475787
understand that I have 9 months until I'm old enough to start applying (I can delay it further if im not ready) then I have to do a guard->active transfer, do airborne school, do SOPC, then get to sfas. my pt right now is
>55 push ups
>73 situps
>14:14 two mile
a score of 252.

so I have like 1.5-2 years to get from a 252 to 300, and work on the mental stuff as well (GT score's a 135, incidentally, is there a good way practice land nav without a training environment to work with?)
>>
File: 942565756.jpg (564 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
942565756.jpg
564 KB, 1440x900
Got something good for you bros.

http://www.operatorchan.org/z/src/ruck-based_selection_training_packet_(1).pdf

SFAS training packet made by Military Athlete. 36 weeks total. Use it for RASP/Q Course/whatever.
>>
>>35475840

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>35476580
>What about Diet? Do not eat rice, grain, bread, oats, pasta...

What is the thinking behind this? You need carbs!?
>>
>>35476929
I'd just use MFP and try to eat clean senpai. Whole wheat products, along with steel cut oats, should be fine.
>>
File: 1431272917123.jpg (2 MB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
1431272917123.jpg
2 MB, 2544x1850
do 100, 8 count bodybuilders every single day and alternate between sprinting and long distance running
>>
>>35476712
For real, I ran that faster than that 2 mile as a freshmen in HS on JV track. JV.
>>
i stopped reading at tying to go SF

first of all, you are applying for SF. unless it's a joke parade you will

>swim 2-3 times a week
>run 2-3 times a week
>ruck 4 to 5 times a week
>insert shitty PT shit to make you tired routine x y or z

your stats

>55 push ups
>73 situps

are absolutely HARAM.

this is the average from what I remember (2 years ago)

>85 to 90 push ups in 2 min
>100+ sit ups in 2 min
>sub 10 min 2 miles or you get kicked out in palcement tests for SF

you honestly shouldn't even come on /fit/ with these questions in the first place, /k/ has enough good advice in the right threads.

secondly you are not even close with your physical prowess for SF

thirdly - just by reading your entire story you do not have the correct mentality
>hurr durr I cant do all these things to prepare myself for my countries most difficult special operations unit because ive got a job and college and the guard ;_;
m8 cry me a fucking river will you, you're so fucking unfit for the SF that you shouldn't even apply and just sit/shit in your barracks and play your fucking ps3 games

fucksake mate honestly you wouldnt get fucking anywhere

source: I'm a (retired) commando
>>
>>35476580
Thank you. I figure get myself to a 300 apft first, then begin this.
>>35476712
Used to be a 12:50, but I got lazy. I can get it back
>>35477142
Not at all what I was trying to indicate, I needed clarification on the organization on the workout. I can spend 2 or 3 hours a day, and on some days 4 or 5, but like I said, I have the time to get to that level.
Fuck /k/ last SoF thread led to a bunch of arguing about the morality of us intervention in Afghanistan
I found out good information from this thread.
>>
>>35475787
Don't listen to this if you are trying to get into sf. Listen to the ex seal. Forgo weightlifting for now.
>>
>>35475741
Weekend warrior is not the military. Try again.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.