[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome to snap city, How injured are ya?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 15
File: salty_spitoon.png (547 KB, 425x500) Image search: [Google]
salty_spitoon.png
547 KB, 425x500
Welcome to snap city, How injured are ya?
>>
How injured am I? I tried maxing my deadlift without warming up!
>yeah, so?
Without a belt...
>>
File: 1451002966176.jpg (43 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1451002966176.jpg
43 KB, 600x600
I use a roller before every session
>>
Lighty hit my knee on concrete, caused a permanent injury. Squats always cause pain after the fact. Been to many doctors and they found nothing.

Fuck knees mang.
>>
My pattela tendons fugged from squating wrong. Ben foam rolling and stretching but its not helping much. Not healing as well for 2 months.
>>
>>35676735
Pretty sure I've torn my rotator cuff. Fucking dumb doing bench with improper form.
>>
>>35676758
Some people are born with hooked acromions, which makes cuff tears way more probable.
>>
I was striding down the street for the final stretch of my warmup and one of the guys in the group I was running with decided to jump on my back so it would look like he was riding a horse. I fell on my knees, on asphalt, his ass weighs around 200, my ass is only 143. I started choking him and one of the guys broke my thumb trying to pull me off. My knees also felt like rubber and pain. Something happened to his trachea and we both got rushed to the hospital.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Had knee surgery to repair my meniscus after my first week of college wrestling. Out for the season, can't lift, drive, or walk on both legs for 6 weeks. Since I was at the hospital on the west side of my state I missed the first two days of classes during the new quarter. My teachers showed no mercy and dropped me from the courses. 50% refund. I'm typing this out at urgent care because I fell down when I was crutching up the stairs and fractured the bone under my pinky toe. They're gonna give me a hard cast on my good leg which means I'll have to wheel chair around form e next for weeks. Hold me fit.
>>
>>35676768
>hooked acromions
huh, never heard of that. researching.
>>
>>35676816
****Wheel chair around for the next six weeks***
>>
I tore something in my knee a couple of weeks back and have been taking it easy on it since. yesterday I squatted a whopping 60kg for a warm up and felt a tingling but nothing more so I went to 70kg thinking a small increase wouldn't aggravate it too much but the second I went down I was fucked and have been limping around since.
>>
>>35676829
>>35676816
>>35676755
>>35676752
Why are human knees so fucking shitty bros?
>>
File: 23456745675756.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
23456745675756.gif
13 KB, 633x758
in 2009 some bimbo pushed me so somehow i snapped my lower back. 7 years with backpain the only thing that removes the pains (except painkillers) are when i lift weights / general excecise... but if im inactive for more than 3 days the pain comes back.
>>
>>35676802
You should have done more to that fuckstick
>>
Left rotator totally fucking minced.
>>
>be me
>been lifting 3 years
>get first real injury last year
>cant use knee for wseeks
>gets better
>do the same thing again
>much worse this time
getting depressded as fuck cant evcen go out to see friends, nevermind lifting
>feel like life is over
>see this thread
>feel better
thanks /fit/
>>
>>35676735
2 years later lower back still flaring up, haven't deadlifted or squated since but still working around it. didn't even injure it doing a low rep max set, was on a fucking 20 rep squat set. That was after years and years of pulling 1rm deadlifts every week without injuries
>>
>>35677047
What do you do about it, anon? Do you continue to do flies/bench?
>>
I tensed my arm really hard to flex my bicep and now I get a tingle in my arm every now and then.
>>
>>35676735
Niggle in my knee, can't do any squats but box squats (deads also ok), sometimes cricket reagrivates knee and I cant do any leg exercises for a weak

Makes deadlift progression very slow.
>>
>>35677118
>read that as nigger in my knee
>>
File: dogtongue.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
dogtongue.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>35676735
I have tendonitis on my right wrist
>>
>>35677099
No. Let it get infinitely worse over the course of 3 years. Currently just doing the exercises that my physio gave me. Slowly getting better.
>>
>>35677176
B-but I want to bench. And my rotator cuff is at the beginning stages of giving me problems. What do you suggest I do?
>>
I slept on the wrong side of the pillow and now my neck is stiff. The rest of you guys are pussies
>>
>>35676742
LOL
>>
>>35677193
Strengthen all your muscles around your rotator cuff until the inflammation goes and your shoulder is stable. As long as you keep all the small muscles balanced you should be fine. Don't be a fuckwit like me and keep benching through the pain.
>>
>>35677221
Thanks for your advice, anon. Recommended lifts for keeping shoulders balanced?
>>
Busted a rib (or intercostal, dunno) doing a muscle up.

Half my lifts are out of the question for a while.
>>
I've had some pain in my left meniscus come on during badminton last week and last night playing basketball. I hope it's not torn.
>>
>>35677247
Check this out, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg
If your rotator cuff gets worse I suggest seeing a physio.
>>
>>35676735
>Broke my little toe on the refrigerator
>did something to my knees from basketball, I can't even run, fellas my knees are fucked and that worries the shit out of me
>smashed my knee on the corner of the coffee table, sore as shit, can't squat without pain
>fucked up rotator cuff, sharp ass pain, can barely lift a gallon of milk
>trigger finger on my ring finger, makes lifting difficult, should probably go to doctors

:(
>>
>>35677357
You should probably rest buddy
>>
>>35676735
5/10, been lifting for half a year. Weak core exposed when trying water polo for first time on Monday . Probably should be back in before end of week, still that's two sessions I will end up missing
>>
>>35677193
Benchin is overrated man. If you just want to get bigger use dumbbells.
>>
ugh, back is sore now after shitty form squats earlier today.
on the plus side, new PR
>>
>>35676735
Someone post that russian guy swinging around and breaking both arms
>>
File: 1442194985226.jpg (82 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
1442194985226.jpg
82 KB, 700x900
>>35676735

Hurt my wrist and it's been hurting for at least 5 days. Not a constant pain but I've been unable to clean or front squat. Snatching is a bit awkward but doable.
>>
>>35676735
I haven't shaved my pubes in months and now they are itchy. It's because I broke up with my girl last summer. I'm injured on the inside.
>>
>>35677888
> still falling for the shaving meme

Hair removal cream is the way to go m8

Of course some people have an allergic reaction and that's when it get's bad
>>
Sciatic nerve will flare every now and again if my form isn't perfect. Puts me out for a week everytime. Can't even fuck my girl or anything it literally bed rids me
>>
Snapped my lower back deadlifting 180kg on 4 hours of sleep and drinking the night before.

Slipped while drunk running into the kitchen after a jacuzzi two nights ago which only made it worse.

Now my neck is hurting like shit to boot.

What a great fucking life.
>>
Very poor technique on a deadlift, practically no knowledge, bent over with both hands palm in (did not know how to do a deadlift at that time), snapped my lower back, and six months later snapped my upper back. Was immobile for both injuries for 1-2 months each. Could not hold myself up while bending over to wash hands, do simple pick up items, etc. Been in pain for nearly 7 years everyday. Gained over 70 lbs of fat, could not lift, tried running, nothing, always pain. Not until a few weeks ago, I went to GONSTEAD chiropractor after seeing youtube videos, physical therapy only worked for awhile but pain is always there, medical recommends surgery to laser out nerves and shit, so went to G chiropractor, did xray and check up, came back two weeks later, Doc does three subluxations (adjustments) to my lower back, mid back, and neck (some girl wanted to demo her snapping tech, that fucked me up, DO NOT LET ANYONE OFFER TO ADJUST YOUR NECK EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS UNLESS ITS AN DOCTOR!!!), anyway, doc does adjustments, and HOLY SHIT, i kid you not, fucking nerve lets off for the first time in 7 years, muscles fucking ease up, cramps GONE instantaneously in my legs, upper back eases up, neck feels good, walk around like it's no problem, first time in 7 years my back doesn't hurt, next day do simple shit like wash my fucking hands because im tall and have to bend over slightly, NO FUCKING PAIN, no nerve glittery, no having to turn and buckle a certain way to pick up shit, just fucking bend knee, bend back like a normal person and pick up the damn item. WHY DIDN"T I GO TO CHIROPRACTOR A LONG FUCKING AGO. Ready to hit the gym and get my old gains back, but Im following what the doc is saying about how I need to take it slow, and I will have to see him for a year to correct this, THANK GOD. Forgive me for cursing. yeesh!
>>
PFPS syndrome in my knees (especially left one) is being managed and so far hasnt swung into hot pain.

Taking loads of fish oil and hydrating like crazy because of that.

Sprained my right trapezius lol

Elbows seem fine now and pulled tricep is gone.
>>
my right hip has been hurting for 4 years
>>
Shuffled too hard at an edm concert while drunk causing me to roll both my ankles. I can't even walk.
>>
>>35676758
I know that feel, mang.
What happens to you?
Don't think I've gone To snapcity yet, but whenever I Lift heavy chest weights my left shoulder feels like it's blazing.
>>
>>35678085
damn son, sounds like a load off your shoulders
congrats
>>
Squatting gives me knee pain for dayyys after shattering my patella so the path of the chickenlegs curlbro is mine.

Thank god I can still DL.
>>
File: o-CHEST-EXERCISE-facebook.jpg (359 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
o-CHEST-EXERCISE-facebook.jpg
359 KB, 1536x1024
Benching makes my right shoulder hurt and it has been predominantly targeting my upper chest for some reason, shoulders a lot, even if I go lighter.
No problems with OHP.
No shoulder discomfort or pain when squatting (low-bar) or DLing, not even when doing dips with 20kg.
I guess my form is somehow worse but I never altered it so it's weird.
I was benching up to 80 just fine.
Then it started feeling harder at 82 or so.
Got to 85 but the discomfort made it unbearable to do more than 2 or so sets.
It's not a sharp pain, it's a dull pain, as if coming from the shoulder joint.
Haven't benched for 2 or 3 weeks now, letting it rest, but tried two days ago some 75kg for 2 reps and it was still the same.
I can't connect my hands behind my back (one going from the top and one from the bottom) so I'd say I need to stretch, however, it still doesn't explain this.
Any help?
>>
Two swollen toes from a freak incident in the sauna.
Its amazing how much distress a wounded toe can cause to everyday life. Hoping to be back on the gains train within the week.
>>
>>35678144

Try split squats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZsE_TTrQBA
>>
File: 1383933238707.jpg (19 KB, 336x434) Image search: [Google]
1383933238707.jpg
19 KB, 336x434
>>35676752

>fuck knees

Bro I feel ya. I hiked 40 km in 12 hours a few months ago with a 25 kg pack, which started a tracking problem in my right knee. Now every time I walk downhill for more than a few minutes it feels like my patella is grinding itself to dust.
>>
>>35678136
THanks brother, I actually cried to my gf, she knew of me having back problems, but I never opened up about how bad it was (like scrubbing a tub would take me an hour, I felt really a deep lonliness and hoplelessness having those injuries happened), and for the first time in a long time, I feel like the old me, I feel that hope that i can do sports again (cause that is the only thing I know that gets me friends and builds my confidence), it's a long road to recovery, but Im happy and do not care how long it goes, still feel pain and tightness, but not as bad as before. I'm like a bitch right now confessing like this, but Im alright with that right now. Proper form is my religion and what I plan on always teaching in the future.
>>
>>35678115
lmao, how fucked were you
>>
Another knee injury here. Picked it up playing football. It's only minor but I haven't been able to squat for the last month.

Thankfully I can do everything else though.
>>
>>35678181
How did you know it was due to tracking?

You doing anything fix it?
>>
File: 1453141709130.gif (679 KB, 250x385) Image search: [Google]
1453141709130.gif
679 KB, 250x385
>>35678150
>>35678150
>>35678150
h3lp gu1s3
>>
>>35676735
I have hernia
I'm 25
>>
>>35676943
Seriously? Wouldn't lifting with a fucked back make it worse?
Tbh sounds like a good incentive to lift. It's not like you were not going to lift if you didn't get injured.
>>
File: 1451090592249.jpg (31 KB, 628x676) Image search: [Google]
1451090592249.jpg
31 KB, 628x676
>>35676742
Noice m8
>>
>>35678150
>>35678359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs

His instructions helped me. Maybe they'll help you.

He does overstate the arch you're supposed to make with your back, but whatever.

Shoulderblades together on the bench, don't let them go apart.
>>
>>35678313

I saw a physio shortly after and got it diagnosed. At first I thought i did my ACL, so it was a real relief, especially because tracking problems are common and relatively easy to fix.

To fix it im doing a daily remedial exercise programme which involves all of the following:
-hip flexor and quad stretch
-ITB foam roller release
-Quads foam roller release
-Standing quad stretch
-Side-lying quad/ITB stretch
-kneeling hip flexor stretch
-double leg squat (body weight)

On top of that I do 20 mins of bike (LISS/MISS) after every gym session, and i get my quads dry-needled by my physio every so often.

I've come to think of the patella as a train; and the hip flexors, quads, and ITB as the tracks. Get the tracks twisted and you'll have a bad time.
>>
>>35678118
Fuuuck are you me? My left shoulder gets really sore. The tendons and bones around it feel tight and compacted, not like a pump. I have noticed after recording myself that my left side lafs behind my right so i the barbell goes up unevenly. Fuck man sucks

Also, my injury is back related. My lower backs hurts now after a day of high-volume OHP
>>
>>35678486
>the arch
I do this.
It's a bitch thing to do after low-bar squats, though.
>Shoulderblades together on the bench
I have this.
As I said, my form was good, nothing hurt, it felt strong, solid, tight, I wasn't leaning on one side of the bench or another...
And I'm sure my form is still the same... I don't know what happened...
Even on lower weights.
Maybe it's my chest being too tight... I wonder. Will work on stretching.
>>
patellar tendon tear

>thank you squats
>>
>>35676735
Herniated l5-s1 I can squat and deadlift. But Sometimes I get weird feelings. I cannot put my body in the same positions y used to. It's a bummer.
>>
>>35676742
10/10
>>
>>35680348
>patellar tendon tear
h-how?
>>
>>35680374
>thank you squats

was on my 2nd warm up set

In all fairness though I wa hung over and tired.
>>
>>35680390
high/low-bar squats?
too much pressure on the knees, then?
>>
File: 1438324455692.jpg (167 KB, 1076x1306) Image search: [Google]
1438324455692.jpg
167 KB, 1076x1306
I was squatting 230 lbs 5x5 and pulled something in my lower back on my third set. It sucks because I feel like that's pretty low weight to get injured.
>>
File: candytoe.jpg (486 KB, 992x1616) Image search: [Google]
candytoe.jpg
486 KB, 992x1616
Strained my pec last Summer, I've healed it and eventually came to bench 300lbs for a single, sometimes it stills feels kinda weird, maybe it didn't heal normally but it doesn't bother me that much anymore.

Bicep tendinitis is fucking killer, I deadlifted mixed grip and got 495lbs for a max, but now I'm working my way up to that using double overhand, my bicep feels fine during that.

Sometimes my shoulder acts up, I think it's damaged, I go through long periods of time where it doesn't bother me then out of nowhere it will hurt when I lift.
>>
>>35677193
Lots of facepulls, they strengthen the muscles around the cuff

And learn to bench with proper form, if it requires you to arch really hard then so be it.

That was my problem, my form was holding my bench strength back and hurting my shoulders.
>>
My right shoulder feels a little funky when I take off my jacket but its fine when I lift
>>
I passed out while deadlifts and 2pl8 hit my ankle
>>
>>35680477
probably.

Any medics here

My injured knee has just started spazing a little bit, that any cause for concern?
>>
I fucked up a squat about a month ago, and it hurts to turn my head to the left. It's getting better but still not 100%. What did I do?
>>
>>35680390
>hang over
>next day training
anon pls
>>
>>35681730
not him but whats wrong with this?
>>
File: 2ry22a0.jpg (78 KB, 544x944) Image search: [Google]
2ry22a0.jpg
78 KB, 544x944
>tfw no injuries because I foam roll and stretch every morning and night
>>
I'm pretty shure I have tendonitis of the long head of my bicep in my left shoulder. I do all the mobility work I can stand and foam roll it on the daily but it won't go away.

>tfw I loved doing OHP
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 260x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 260x291
>>35676735
>Tfw lifted heavy for two years with no incidents
>Tfw got a job at a grocery store and bending to reach into people's carts has fucked my back up (sciatic pain and all)
>Tfw don't lift because I'm scared of snabbing my shidd ub now
>Tfw it's been 3 months and I'm getting so fat now
>>
>>35677176
>>35677099
>>35677193
I feel ya brehs my shoulder started hurting beginning of December. I over did it with bench+ohp same day and I felt pain just bellow my delt, under it. This week is the first day without pain and I finally benched again. Did a lot of facepulls, lightweight and band training and stretches. I think I am okay now.

But it took almost 2 months to get better. Fuck those muscles
>>
>>35676758
Let it rest. I did this once and it was this chronic thing every time I tried to bench but then I stopped benching for months and now I'm back to setting bench PRs pain free. Honestly OHP is a good enough substitute if you can't bench.
>>
>>35677874
don't worry trappy. I fell on my wrist in high school and now, 6 years later, it still fucking hurts sometimes. I have problems doing one arm dumbbell rows now. I suggest yoga for wrist pain. Look it up on youtube. It helped me
>>
File: 1451150925926.jpg (201 KB, 880x1047) Image search: [Google]
1451150925926.jpg
201 KB, 880x1047
>>35676735
I hurt my left hand really bad over the holiday and had a huge bruise across my waist from fucking up a chest press. I'm pretty good now but I can't do my normal weight for open-hand bicep curls without my hand/wrist hurting so I have to change my lifts for a while.

My back used to hurt a lot but I have changed how I lift and carry my books/bag.
>>
Tripped while hauling log segments at a relative's house, now my right shoulder will occasionally give out at random (Feeling of electricity in shoulder, arm goes noodle for a second)
>>
>>35681876
sounds like a trapped nerve
>>
>>35676735

been lifting for 4 years no injuries dont want to jynx my self but all you inferior specimens need to fuck 0ff..injury prone dick heads
>>
>>35681878
What is that?
>>
Hurt my lower back while doing squats and deadlift on the same day. My family doctor was pretty useless and just gave me pain killers, no time frame for when it will heal back, how serious the injuries is, if there is anything i can do to improve it etc. Should I seek physiotherapy on my own and maybe a xray scan?
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.