[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you think about alcohol. is it strictly off limits or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: a2PNyOD_460sa_v1.gif (714 KB, 320x298) Image search: [Google]
a2PNyOD_460sa_v1.gif
714 KB, 320x298
what do you think about alcohol. is it strictly off limits or will a beer every now and then not do anything as far as gainz go
>>
Binge drinking is what gets you.
>>
Just stick to ketamine.
>>
Beer is much worse than hard alcohols.
>>
>>35674360
Beer is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's just calories and carbs which is essential to gainz anyway. The only thing about alcohol though is that it dehydrates you so drink a lot of water before after or during.
>>35674389
I tried that shit it's a horse tranquilizer or some shit. It's like a date rape drug. 4/10 would not recommend.
>>
>>35674360
there are plenty of frat bros that are buff, booze clearly cant have that much of an effect.

there are not many universally consistent things in fitness, but that is one of them.

you're fine as long as youre not drunk perpetually, though i would venture to say you'll make *better* progress if you stay away from the booze.

*better = unknown quantity.
>>
I gave up beer, immediately got results. stick to like gin or something.
>>
It's not optimal.
>>
>>35674449
Wrong drug. Ketamine is not a sedative.
>>
>>35674360
If you are serious about training you will limit yourself to 2-3 beers or mixed drinks per MONTH, especially if you're trying to lose a fat ass. Otherwise you're just sabotaging yourself.
>>
I used to be a kinda hard drinker. Wake up, down a beer and refill the whiskyglass, the day can now start.
Dec 6 2014 I realized it was a problem and decided to try to change.
Today I drink far less and I'm almost OK with my current drinking behavior.

Thing is, every once in a while I will suddenly get a craving that has me doing amazing mental gymnastics landing me right in the liquor store.
I have no idea what triggers these cravings and I don't know how to prepare for them. When they happen and I crumble before them it really fucks up all the habits I've been trying to create for the purpose of gains.

anyone here have a history of dealing with this shit?
>>
>>35674360
I drank like a fish for most of college and was on the rowing team. It absolutely does fuck up recovery and such. Anyone claiming otherwise is in denial. I performed much better when I was dry.

I drink less than once a month now and keep it down to three a night at most, ideally vodka and ice. I just don't enjoy it enough to let it touch my fitness.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.