[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>take antibiotics for 6 months for acne >literally perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1435888108064.png (21 KB, 357x313) Image search: [Google]
1435888108064.png
21 KB, 357x313
>take antibiotics for 6 months for acne
>literally perfect clear skin
>stop taking them for one week
>breakouts everywhere

How the FUCK do I get clear skin without antibiotics? I've tried creams, they just burn my skin off and make my acne even WORSE. I can't take antibiotics forever.
>>
>>35669495
What worked for me was 1 pill of vit. A a day (25.000 UI).

Be warned though, I'm 110lbs so that was probably due to a deficiency.
>>
>>35669531
>25,000 IU of vitamin A a day

enjoy dying
>>
Try:
Changing eating habits (no dairies for example)
Exercising (cardio)
Better higiene habits (wash your face more or less)
Different drugs
>>
take accutane

or wait til you're like 23

sorry OP it happens to a lot of people

i struggled for a while
>>
>>35669531
>110 lbs
what are you a dog?
>>
>>35669495
What antibiotic were you taking? It should settle down after puberty.
>>
Med student fag here
Had the same problem all through my teens, don't listen to the vitamin A meme, it does work, but itsnt efficient. Vitamin A does indeed help acne, but a far better way to go about it is to simply take 50mg of Zinc supplements a day, if possible in two 25mg doses, one at morning, one at night. Zinc helps the body synthesis Vit A, and it also has the added benefit of allowing your body to better distribute the Vit A. Do this and after 2-3 weeks you will see improvement and after 2 months your acne will be completely gone aside form the occassional one or two tiny zits we all get.
Of course all of this is meaningless if you don't cut sugary foods and sodas out of your diet. You can thank me later.
>>
>>35669977
recommemded daily intake is 15g, wouldnt 50g be way too much and dangerous
>>
>>35669495
how long did it take for the antibiotics to work?

i started taking mine like 2 weeks ago and haven't noticed much change

lymecycline btw
>>
>>35670021
Taking more than a daily intake of anything has its risks, but they're so low they're negligible. The question is whether you value a natural way to have a clear face over a 0.1% risk your body will react to the zinc.
I've personally been taking zinc for over 2 years, and the past year or so I've actually had more like 60mg a day due to overlap with my multivit supplements, and I'm perfectly healthy.
>>
>>35670023
answer plz ;_;
>>
>>35669703
bactrim

I don't understand. I had clear skin throughout most of puberty then I hit 18. I'm 21 now and my acne has been horrible since.

>>35669977
thanks i will try this.
>>
Try with one of these Alum stones. It is a natural deodorant that kills bacteria and looks like a white stone with a certain degree of transparency. It works for me.
>>
>>35670023
it depends on the drug , I never tool lymecycline
>>
>>35671335
I've used alum stones before when I fell for the DE razor meme and they burned and dried my skin to a salty husk
>>
>>35669495
Same problem here, anon. Docs won't give me anti biotics any more after 2 years on them. Try applying a clacium bentonite face mask with Apple cider vinegar regularly (1-3 times per week) and wash your face every day with an oil-free face wash and moisturise with an oil-free moisturiser. And change your pillow cover every/every other night. If you have long hair cut it short as well desu
>>
>>35669495
what to do with blackheads?
>>
I have done three antibiotics cures. All with tetracycline. When I am on it everything clears up. So I just ask for another cure over and over, I don't even have to talk to a doctor anymore, the receptionists just gives it to me.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.