[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>workout 4-5 times a week >spend about an hour at the gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Fed-Up---big.jpg (31 KB, 460x380) Image search: [Google]
Fed-Up---big.jpg
31 KB, 460x380
>workout 4-5 times a week
>spend about an hour at the gym each time
>HIIT and lifting, walk everywhere
>calories at around 1600 per day, track everything, cut down alcohol to almost nothing
>do this for about three months
>a lot slimmer, muscles more obvious, less fat on my body, dropped about two sizes
>weight hasn't changed at all

What is going on /fit/? My only option is to cut out absolutely everything other than chicken and veggies but I try to have a bit of variety in my diet so I don't just crave shit and fail.

I really don't mind, I love the gym and I'll continue to go because I feel a lot better for it. I'd just love to see the numbers catching up (as I have a lot to lose according to science). I work in an office with a bunch of women who seem to diet for three days and lose four pounds, yet they do zero exercise.

Is there any reason at all why you wouldn't drop weight but you'd change shape?
>>
muscle weighs more than fat

/topic
>>
You underestimate your calories.
>>
>>35669465

>1600 calories

christ

why so little? are you a girl? too few cals = stalled metabolism
>>
>>35669465
If you have that much visual progress why the fuck does it matter what the scale says?

>b-but mah autismo
>>
>>35669530
Top broscience
>>
>>35669465
Who gives a fuck? If you look better, feel better, then you are making it. Stop worrying about the scale.
>>
>>35669499

this!

keep it up OP.
>>
>>35669499
No! 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat. What you meant to say is "muscle is more dense than fat"

OP your weight is the same because you replace that fat with muscle.

Fat takes up more space than muscle. You're on the right track OP. You're doing well.
>>
>>35669465
>dropped about two sizes

but you're annoyed the scale isnt lower? you're retarded.
>>
>>35669543

But I'm nowhere near my goal weight, still have another 20kg to lose to get into the normal range and I think if I lost that I'd probably look a bit too thin. I suppose I want to see the numbers match the scale so I no longer feel so embarrassed about the number.
>>
>>35669465
Keep it up anon. Sounds like your gonna make it brah
>>
>>35669605
>1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat.

no it doesn't moron
>>
>>35669605
Even if he's "converting" fat into muscle, caloric deficit should result in weight loss.
It's probably water retention anyway, keep it up.
>>
>>35669605
he obviously meant by volume. 1cm^3 muscles weighs more than 1cm^3 fat
>>
>>35669690

For three months though? I haven't even lost one pound in this time, I'm exactly the same weight as I was when I began.

I'll keep working out, maybe change my routine and cut out sugar completely. Perhaps I'll throw in a few more runs if I have the time.

I'm not saying I'm not really happy with my progress, I just feel like my weight doesn't reflect how I look and that's a bit disheartening. (either that or I have reverse body dysmorphia).
>>
>>35669689
weight is a measure of 'force.' The units you are using for force are 'pounds.' When making measurements it is often convenient to quantify them with numbers. 1 pound of anything weighs the same as 1 pound of anything else.
>>
>>35669732
DENSITY RELATES WEIGHT AND VOLUME. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

/fit/izens are dense.
>>
>>35669746
At least you're making progress so you got that going on, are you sure you're eating 1600/day ? Cause with a lot of sports that could be easily 800 to 1000 deficit a day, you should feel hungry asf.
>>
>>35669837

I do tend to feel hungry at times but just eat some tuna or chicken, or sometimes fruit.

I will still eat sweet stuff occasionally though, perhaps I need to be more strict and cut it out completely to see if it makes a difference.
>>
>>35669499
http://youtu.be/Qwr6_015ROo
>>
>>35669689
1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat, or 1lb of feathers, or 1lb of eggs. 1lb is 1lb
>>
>>35669539

>body goes into starvation mode

no, real science
>>
>>35669746
>For three months though? I haven't even lost one pound in this time, I'm exactly the same weight as I was when I began.
Same here, only I'm two months in. I guess it happens sometimes. Who cares as long as you look and feel better and stronger?
>>
File: baitnicetry.jpg (64 KB, 620x622) Image search: [Google]
baitnicetry.jpg
64 KB, 620x622
>>35669689
>>
>>35669465
Keep going. If the clothes are getting bigger, youre getting smaller. Its working. Keep doing it.
>>
>>35669530
pretty sure that only happens when you are on a really low amount of calories like sub-1000
>>
>>35669975
top limmy
love that show
>>
>>35669990
At most you may have small metabolic adaptations.
>>
I'm fretting about the same thing, op. Scale goes nowhere, but all of a sudden 'daym my back looks good.' Keep trucking.
>>
>>35669643
this.

why is the number so important to you OP.
If you are getting caught up on numbers go get your bf% tested. or take good measurements of your waist/arms/ ect. to really watch those change.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.