[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I made a chest surgery and the doctor said I can't go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 6382628638263.jpg (244 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
6382628638263.jpg
244 KB, 650x300
>I made a chest surgery and the doctor said I can't go to gym for 2 years,so I decided start swimming.
>can I build muscles only with diet+swimming
>>
yes you can OP, I love swimming, but swimming is like 90% technique.
>>
>>35668847

thank
>>
Definitely, things like swimming and boxing will put you in the best shape of your life.
>>
>>35668833
You won't get massive but you can look damn good. You shoulders will get really big, and you can get awesome last from breaststroke.
>>
>>35668873
>>35668899
Do you guys know how long time is necessary to see changes,I believe it's slower than gym
>>
>>35668914
I'm fine with this,since e get out of hospital I lost 10kg (22 pounds) and I'm looking like a skeleton
>>
>>35668960
he got two years

Do it op, it will be glorious for your recovery and later on you can complement it with the gym. Stay active and do some healthy activities, swimming is a great choice!
>>
>>35668833
Why can't you go to the gym anymore specifically? Because swimming is quite demanding physically
>>
Yes but check with the doctor first. What was the surgery for?
>>
File: before-57823.jpg (14 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
before-57823.jpg
14 KB, 200x300
>>35670065
I will man!

>>35670340
>>35670429
Pectus Excavatum correction
>pic related
>>
>>35671626
I fucking knew it would be that. Like I said >>35670429 here check with the doctor the last thing you want is the bar displacing while you are in the water. But other than that I hope the recovery goes well good luck with it.
>>
>>35671626
Is that for all cases of pectus excavatum surgery?

I want to get an operation as well but I want to keep lifting.

Don't have it as bad as the pic though.
>>
>>35671752
I declined to have it as my case isn't that bad and the effects are only cosmetic but yeah the Nuss procedure, which is the current practice, will mean no lifting. At all. You would have a metal bar under tension right over your vital organs just under your sternum to keep it in it's new position. If you displace that you're in serious fucking trouble.
>>
>>35668833
>I made a chest surgery and the doctor said I can't go to gym for 2 years
Ask your doctor which exercises you can do in the gym.
Example: hamstring curls, leg extensions, back/hip extensions, glute ham raise, calve raises.
Maybe bicep curls, tricep extensions.
>>
>>35671866
I read some dudes thread on a forum and he had to wait just 6 months.
>>
>>35671715
Thank you :)
>>35671946
I'm gonna text him tomorrow
>>
>>35672086
Yeah looking it up after 6 months it seems worth it to check at least. I have no medical reason to get it so I decided not to, the recovery is just so long but that was my decision you have to make your own.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.