[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
touch fluffy chest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: benches.jpg (124 KB, 1024x255) Image search: [Google]
benches.jpg
124 KB, 1024x255
So, the gymbros at my gym say you shouldn't touch the bar in your chest when benching, they say its "resting" and cheating. Are they right?
>>
>>35668299
what the fuck mehdi
thought bar path was meant to be curved
>>
doing benches quickly is cheating too. need to take your time going down and up. feel every inch of descent and ascend.
>>
>>35668336
That pic is showing wrist flex, not bar path
>>
>>35668299
Touching the chest is what engages your pecs. Bench is mostly a triceps exercise, if you lift the bar just halfway down, you are just doing a triceps exercise.
>>
>>35668336
it is, I think its just saying dont rotate your wrists
>>
So if it touches the chest, Its a chest exercise, if not, Its triceps.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
make sure to go up and down slowly
the cheating part is pounding your chest with the bar over and over instead of controlling descent
>>
>>35668336
>>35668370
>>35668380

What how do you mean curved barbell path ?
>>
>>35668349
>doing benches quickly is cheating too

>workout partner I cant get rid off
>currently working bench 5x5
>takes one breath
>does 5 reps so quick sometimes "accidentally" misses touching his chest
>exhales when he's finished with the set
>his head nearly exploding
>"trust me bro it's much harder doing it like this, than taking a break on your chest and exhaling after every rep. The faster you finish your set, the harder you work your muscles."
>>
>>35668380
>>35668370
Why do you not curve wrists??
>>
anything over 25 lbs i cant keep my wrist straight how do i change that
>>
You want a full range of motion, but you don't want to bounce or rest the bar on your chest. The proper cue is to touch your shirt with the bar. This will result in the full RoM while supporting the weight with the proper muscles for the duration of the lift.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.