[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did you start lifting? I started for girls but I realized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
Why did you start lifting?

I started for girls but I realized what it's really for. Myself.
>>
Same
>>
I started lifting to get a better body so the average person would be impressed, especially girls.
It started well and made nice progress until I reached a point where I simply couldn't improve because of my body morphology, my poor genes and my low T.

I also realised along the way that lifting didn't change my awkwardness and social phobia.

So I gave up as I will never reach the body I want and that it wouldn't change the situation I'm in anyway.
>>
>>35667512
>Why did you start lifting?

because you can't really avoid mirrors forever
>>
>>35667512
Same, but then I just wasn't flexible enough and caused back pain. So back to doing it for girls.
>>
>>35667579
You started for vain reasons so it's no surprise you out down the barbell so easily

Don't lift because you want status, lift because it's something every able bodied man down the ages has done, lift because it's traditional and in your blood and heritage. Lifting won't necessarily solve your problems, but not lifting will definitely create ones.
>>
>>35667512

I started for men and it worked.
>>
>>35667707
Sometimes I wish I was gay because it would make romance a much easier affair
>>
>>35667688
>lift because it's something every able bodied man down the ages has done, lift because it's traditional and in your blood and heritage
>i make up my identity based on what people who by chance happen to be related to me have done

the no-personality beta ladies and gentlemen
>>
Originally for girls and because the freshman 15 hit me hard

Now I do it to be better than everyone else
>>
>>35667512
Started for grills, now just want to leave the humanity behind.
>>
i use to cosplay spidey suits but I realized I was getting a bit of a muffin top which is shit for that character so worked out
now I do it for fun
>>
>be me
>hungry skeleton since birth
>decent runner at age 18 (4:36 mile, 17:20 5k)
>go to college, stop running because I hate it
>3 years later still hungry skeleton
>no longer fast runner
>want to be in shape again, don't want to run
>lift
>make noob gains
>suddenly strong and no longer bony
>holy shit this is great
>never stop
>>
>>35667736
>I make up my identity by following no order except what suits me at the moment

The Nu male cuckold ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>35667512

same

girls are nice but I really like looking in the mirror and knowing I look good, and am getting better every day.

progress is awesome to see.
>>
Depression and anxiety and finding a way to reduce it.
>>
>>35668278
>assuming assumptions

top kek
>>
>>35668347
>meme reply
Here's your (You)
>>
>>35667512
I want to respect myself so others will.
>>
>>35667707
Same dude.
Also to stop commencin' the jigglin'.
>>
>>35668429
>2016
>not spamming memes
>ISHYGDDT.jpg
>>
I lifted at first to make up for my shyness

now I do it cause I want to look better, for myself. the more defined I get, the more confident I get. so it isn't quite for girls, it's more of a way for me to improve myself socially with the added benefit of getting stronger.
>>
File: 1452069310722.jpg (80 KB, 575x554) Image search: [Google]
1452069310722.jpg
80 KB, 575x554
>>35668484
>>
>>35668429
because >>35668278 wasn't a meme lmao
>>
>>35667512
A little advice, you may think you are totally anonymous online, but there's always someone who can find you, and it could effect you in real life. In no way is that a threat or anything but, not thinking before posting stuff online can hurt you in real life. I've been online since I dialed into bbs. I've watched it grown and flex and change. I've seen bad things happen to good people because they thought they where safe. So I guess what I'm saying is, don't believe just because you think you have anonymity online that there can be no repercussions in real life.

Because there can.
>>
>>35668621
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>35667512
>Why did you start lifting?
To defend myself and family against Muslims. I started when they came in Summer and feel much safer already.
>>
>>35667512
Holy shit hi Daniel
>>
>>35667724

> gay men
> romance

There's approximately 5% of the gay and bi male population that have an interest in romance.
>>
I've had issues with low-energy and I'm using a few avenues to address it - one of which is eating more.

I started eating more and realised quickly that if I wanted the mass I added to be muscle I'd have to lift weight or exercise somehow.
>>
I started lifting because I was tired of being lazy and out of shape.

I now realize I lift because I am selfish and narcissistic.

I love seeing how much stronger and ain better shape I am than everyone else around me. I love seeing people drop out of the gym after a few weeks.

I love to see myself improve. Fuck everyone else, though.
>>
File: e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg (211 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
e34975bbf2b639333ec.jpg
211 KB, 600x530
I was bored in Afghanistan, then I did it for girls, then I stopped and got fat, now I lift out of hatred and habbit.
>>
>>35669939
Hi Jeb Bush
>>
>>35667512
Started lifting for a girl, realized she was a self absorbed bitch, so I started lifting for myself
>>
File: 1451887638525.jpg (39 KB, 500x880) Image search: [Google]
1451887638525.jpg
39 KB, 500x880
Like everyone else, for girls. And it worked too, gained more confidence and had sex with more women than I did before I lifted.

Now I do it for the strength gains and the ability to be the biggest/best looking guy in the room.
>>
Been in a depression for what feels like a decade. My grandmother passed away last year and that made me reevaluate my life. I feel like I finally may be coming out of it. I've made a lot progress and since I've been feeling better about myself, I just naturally wanted to start eating better, and exercising. It surprised even me.
>>
File: 980.gif (688 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
980.gif
688 KB, 245x160
Tbh, I only lift because I don't wanna end up in those fat people hate threads
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.