[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /shitcooker/ here? Tried to make chicken breasts for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 53472892.gif (139 KB, 400x530) Image search: [Google]
53472892.gif
139 KB, 400x530
Who /shitcooker/ here? Tried to make chicken breasts for the first time today
>failed to symetrically cut breasts into half, so I had two large and two tiny pieces
>added too much salt (as always)
>took them from pan two times and then had to put them back because they were still uncooked inside
I'm such a failure, can't make even the very basic meal properly. How can I learn to cook?
>>
>>35667003
I don't usually care how my meat is cut but I just buy prepackaged seasoning, cook in the pan on low with the lid on (after searing them). Should take about half an hour of cooking total.
>>
>>35667003
bake them.
>>
>>35667003

> Take a deep oven tray
> cover in aluminum foil
> add a shit ton of chicken breasts
> season to your liking
> cover with foil
> heat oven to 573.15K
> put chicken in for 1 - 1.5h depending on the type of oven

This yields moist and delicious baked chicken.
>>
>>35667213
573.15K is far too high
>>
is being a failure and not knowing how to cook chicken breasts an actual problem people have or just a /fit/ meme? i see way too many of these posts...
>>
Get a meat thermometer.

Watcha youtube
>>
>>35667003

Practice. That's the only way to learn.

Start by looking for easy recipes and follow them closely. You'll grasp the basics this way. Then you'll be able to just cook basic stuff with no recipe, or make some recipes from memory. And later you'll be able to just grab food and experiment with it (and it will mostly be shit, but hopefully edible shit).
>>
>>35667213

1-1.5hrs at 300 °C

lmfao??
>>
>>35667233

I meant 475.15 K.
>>
>>35667213
RIP chicken ;_;
>>
>>35667308
>1-1.5 hrs @ 200 Celsius
Jesus what are you doing?

>35667003
Op just take your chicken, throw on some salt, paprika, garlic, crushed red pepper, throw them in an oven for 30-ish minutes at 350. done.
>>
I brine my chicken for 3 days. THen I cut it into golfball sized pieces, preheat the pan on medium/high heat, spray some pam nonstick spray, and only add the meat once the pan is very hot. I flip it like 1x and cut a piece in half with my spatula to test & make sure its not still pink
>>
Cooking is literally as easy as following recipes and doing the same dish multiple times

You even have video recipes nowadays which makes things even easier. I've used a ton of recipes from this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=778827byReA

I mean chicken breasts is just
>olive oil or other fat on the pan
>high heat
>add chicken breasts
>1-2 mins on each side
>turn the heat down to medium and wait for 10-12 mins
>done
>>
>tfw tried my hand at frying
>diced chicken breasts
>season + marinated
>breaded
>made tzatziki
>resize that I don't have a fucking fryer
>half a bottle of canola oil in the pan
>made popcorn chicken breasts
>tastes pretty good
>thinks it's too wasteful to throw the oil away
>left it overnight and used it throughout the week
>run out of chicken and yogurt
>gunk starts to form in the pan
>kitchen starts to become musky and dank
>fall sick for a week after
>>
>>35667003
Put oven on 200 degrees. Put the chicken brests in and leave them there for 40 to 50 minutes. Done.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.