[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
I wanna get into running and lead a healthier lifestyle. Am i better off running for 15 mins every day or for an hour a week on a single day, say every thursday for example?
>>
You are better off changing up your running routine.

One week do 15 minutes every day, the next week do an hour once. the next week work on running as fast as possible. like do a mile every day and cut a few seconds every day. The following week work on distance, add an extra half kilometer every day.
The following week do a 10k. The following week do 3 5ks
>>
>>35665101
fat burning start after 30mins
running 1 time per week isnt much and you will probably be slow as fuck
better do the 15mins everyday
if you get bored change your routine
>>
>>35665101
any tips if i want to start running but to get speed? like short distance and get max speed? (any special exercises?)
>>
Do HIIT sprints on the track... Sprint 100m walk 100m and repeat.... Proper warm up is essential and keep good technique... Start with 2x100m sprints and GI higher when felling compft
>>
1 hour a week? What would be better maybe is 30 minutes every other day. 1 day rest in between

My current schedule is once a week I do a big 8 mile run and then in between my next big run I do a 4 mile. So I only jog twice a week. I sometimes up the big run to 10 miles if the weeks been pretty unhealthy

I'm 5ft 10 and 146lbs - is this good?
>>
>>35665788
>you will probably be slow as fuck
OP doesn't want to race, OP wants to feel better.

Pic is a good starting point.
Running every day will get you bored quite quickly.
1 hour a week is a good pace if you jog for fun.
>>
>>35666165
This is just unrealistic. You can't run for 20 minutes straight after only one month of exercise.
>>
>>35666239
wut .-.

pacing yourself exists.
>>
>>35666239

When I first started I was up to 3 miles after 1 month. Which at the time took me at least 30 minutes.

Jogging as it should be, which is a slow run should just keep you on the edge of shortness of breath. So unless you're running, you shouldn't ever really be out of breath and can go until your muscles are aching or you feel a severe lack of energy. 20 minutes is easy life for jogging
>>
>>35666239
A few years ago someone challenge fit to a 5km race. No training everyone just got up, did a run and posted their times. I hadn't done any running since gym class in high school and managed to do the 5km in about 35 minutes. A slow time, but respectful considering my lack of training.
>>
>>35666516
>>35666294
Congratulations, you both walked a couple of miles. This thread is about running.
>>
>>35666663
Fuck off, anything 5mph and over is considered running, and a 35minute 5k is over 5mph
>>
>>35666663

OP says running, but I'm pretty sure he means jogging, as it's for a healthy lifestyle rather than race running
>>
>>35665101
If you actually want it to do something, start with 30 minutes 3x week, then slowly increase to an hour 3x a week.
>>
This thread motivated me finally gave me the kick today. Came home from work and went straight out. Did first day of C25K. Shins kind of hurt and it feels like my stomach's gonna come out. Other than that, I feel quite proud.
I also don't have a diet plan at the moment, so any ideas on where I can start?
>>
>>35665101
30m/5k 3 times a week. If you can't manage that, do couch to 5k.
>>
>>35666165
Such thing as "speed" does not exist, just run like a retard.
>>
>>35665101
Run 30 minutes 3 days a week
>>
Why run for 30 minutes when you can walk for 3 hours nigga
>>
>>35671605
Why abort a fetus when it will die in 80 years?
>>
File: emo hippo.jpg (153 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
emo hippo.jpg
153 KB, 700x933
>>35665101

Long time runner and lifter here.

You are much better off doing 10 minutes of hard running, where you are really pushing yourself, than doing 20+ min of just jogging along at a simple pace. it's the push that burns fat, makes you stronger, and strengthens your cardio system.

I only 6 miles a week. But I run at a 6:30 pace. So I do 2 miles 3x per week. Its quick its simple, and it's a killer burn.

Running has actually made my legs stronger than much of my lifting has. But I try to throw in hills to get that build up from there too.
>>
>>35671935
Nigga I pass out if I push myself 2 minutes.

If running made your legs stronger then your lifting is crap.
>>
>>35666795
Mate...don't delude yourself.
That's only fucking 8kph

I legit use that speed as my warmup for my gym sessions.
>>
>>35666795
>3km/hr over average walking speed is running
AHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
A BANDEIRA É SAGRADA EU JAMAIS IREI NEGAR
>>
>>35666239
You gotta be fucking kidding me.

When I was 21 my exgf convinced me to start running. She was super fit, I was never doing anything, I was always the worst in PE classes back in school and despite riding my bike to work, I never did anything beside that.

Still, on my first fucking run basically of my life I ran for 5 km straight. Granted, I felt like shit afterwards, had massive DOMS in my legs and ass, but I did it.

I don't know how much less fit you can be than me back then, but running is often more about discipline and finding an appropriate tempo. No honestly, I think by far most people who are in their 20s who are not fat as fuck can manage to run for 20 minutes physically.
>>
>>35672311
>calling slow jog a"run"
keep deluding yourself
>>
>>35665788
>fat burning start after 30mins
Depends on % of max heart rate. If people are running like pussies it'll take 30 minutes.

>>35666239
Are you 300 pounds?

>>35666795
Kill yourself.

>>35671935
Good advice.
>>
>>35672473
No fatburning does start late, you will always empty your glykogen deposits first
>>
>>35672698
Starting at a later stage doesn't mean starting late into an exercise session.

Depending on intensity, you pass the glycogen depletion quicker than someone at a low intensity. It really shouldn't take 30 minutes unless someone is running like a pussy.
>>
>>35666165
>week six, last column
>run for 25 mins
>total=23 mins
>week eight, last column
>run for 30 mins
>total=28 mins
wut
>>
>>35669039
With the sticky.
>>
What can I do to run for miles? My shins feel like they're about to burst after only 200 meters. I'm only 138 lbs.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.