[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much does alcohol effect your gains? I've been shitfaced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: cuba-libre-drink-rum-coke[1].jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
cuba-libre-drink-rum-coke[1].jpg
28 KB, 400x300
How much does alcohol effect your gains?

I've been shitfaced the past 3 nights.

Plz respond.
>>
>>35662165
enough
>>
File: 1441877158321.jpg (25 KB, 288x308) Image search: [Google]
1441877158321.jpg
25 KB, 288x308
>>35662165
http://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-11-26

>..in 100% of analysed studies, an ethanol dose administration greater than 1.5 g/kg showed a decrease in testosterone serum levels.
>>
So then wtf. Am I supposed to be sober 100% of the time?
>>
>>35662293
Yes you fucking weak loser.
>>
>>35662165
You're an idiot and you will NEVER make it that way, so stop fucking up.
>>
>>35662293
You may have 1 or 2 beers or mixed drinks per MONTH if you are training seriously, otherwise you're just a fuck-up.
>>
>"effect"
>>
>>35662165
1. It's useless calories
2. Fucks with hormones
3. Liver needs to work
4. Hangovers make you do nothing

Altough I drink alcohol myself at parties (it's fun), but it ain't that much.
>>
>>35662165
Unfortunately.... Its really fucking bad for your gainz. I also suffer from alcohol addiction, I learnt to make my own, really weak but still tasty and low carb beer at home, saves money and gives me that refreshing beer feeling! And saves my gains. Find what works for you and stick to it cause you're killing yourself man.
>>
>>35662293

No, drink at the weekend and leave the weekdays alcohol free.
>>
Its alright every now and then, too much is excess calories and effects protein synthesis, doesn't mean you have to give up on having a social life, most the autists on this site don't have any friends to go out drinking with so they'll say it's a terrible thing, everything in moderation, dont let lifting become the only thing you do.
>>
>>35662165
It dehydrates you, saps your strength because the body treats it as a poison and if you throw up it leaves you shocked and weak. In other words, you can't perform correctly.

>>35662293
You are supposed to drink in moderation you retard. Having a glass or two of whiskey or two pints of beer is not bad for you but getting piss-ass drunk is awful if you are serious about lifting.
>>
>>35662165
Ryan ?
>>
>>35662263
0/10
A reputable site says alcohol increases test.
>>
>>35662729
>calories
No it isnt alcohol is expelled as heat through MEOS in large enough quantities
>>
1 or 2 beers a night is no big deal. 4 or more is asking for trouble.
>>
http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html
>>
>>35662165
Keep your drinking for weekends, ideally the night before your rest day, so it doesn't affect your training so much.

If you can't stick to drinking only once a week, your problem is a drinking problem, not a training/performance problem.

One or two drinks a day isn't a problem, some studies even show health benefits from one or two glasses (preferably dry red wine) a day, but if you're prone to overdoing it, or have addictive tendencies, it will harm you, 'cause you won't stop after the first glass
>>
>>35664668
Cof?
>>
>tfw at a wedding this weekend and got absolutely sloshed on cocktails at the open bar

No beers allowed lads
>>
>>35662748
Is all this really cheaper than drinking liquor diluted with lots of club soda?
>>
Do people really have this much problem sticking to 2-3 drinks on special occasions?
>>
Damn, I haven't drank in a couple months and that pic made my throat dry as fuck. Bacardi and coke is my go to drink, I'm going to get smashed this weekend. Gains please forgive me.
>>
>>35666602
autism: the post
>>
File: 1451316620498.gif (24 KB, 60x95) Image search: [Google]
1451316620498.gif
24 KB, 60x95
you'll be fine as long as you activate your almonds
>>
>>35662263
Thanks Hayek
>>
What's worse, having a few drinks a day or binge drinking till blackout every couple weeks?
>>
>>35666674
pls explain urself
>>
>>35666714
binge drinking

unless by a few drinks you mean enough to heavily impact ur macros

people who say they have 'a few' drinks a day are likely to be alcoholics.
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309

>Post-AHRET, participants consumed either 1.09 g of grain ethanol per kilogram lean mass (EtOH condition) or no ethanol (placebo condition)
>At 140-300 min postexercise, TT, FT, and free androgen index were significantly higher for EtOH (TT: 22.5 ± 12.5 nmol·L; FT: 40.5 ± 7.6 pmol·L) than for placebo (TT: 13.9 ± 6.8 nmol·L; FT: 22.7 ± 10.0 pmol·L)

tl;dr alcohol after exercise raises test
>>
>>35662165
Alcohol gets directly converted into fat, your fucked m8.
>>
>>35666714
Both have risks. It's considered safe to stick to 2 drinks daily for men. But you can get fucked up anyway (alcohol induced cardiomyopathy). Binge drinking till blackout is a huge blow to your health in general, but your liver has time to recover.

This is really a question of choosing between two evils.
>>
alcoholic here, drink daily at least 5 drinks a day.

I have a relatively clean diet and do calisthenics almost daily. I'm in fairly good physical condition. I don't think alcohol adds that many calories, otherwise I'd be fat and I'm pretty fit, way better than most people my age.

That being said, it definitely lowers test and heavily dehydrates you. it will hinder gains if you drink daily, but I don't think having a couple of drinks a week is going to hinder gains that much, really.

it adds bloat due to dehydration and higher estrogen. You can literally notice how you go from bloated to almost normal in less than 24h if you stop drinking.
>>
>>35664766
What about 3 beers you fucking queer?
>>
>>35668140
It's like doing 7 reps
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.