[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone stop then start growing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: manlet.jpg (31 KB, 397x550) Image search: [Google]
manlet.jpg
31 KB, 397x550
Just turned 18 and my height is about 5 6 and a half. 3 months ago at the doctors, it was about the same. A year ago I think I was 5 6 1/4 or something. I'm not as bothered by my height as I used to be, but wouldn't mind a few inches of course. The thing is, my height is pretty unusual for my family. My dad's family isn't that tall; he's about 5 8 and a half and so are most of the males. He does have a 5 foot sister, though. My mom's family is pretty tall though. The males are 5 foot- 6foot 2 or so. Mom as well as dad is 5 8 and a half. I think my predicted height was 5 11, but here I am nontheless. Isn't this a bit unusual? I did hit puberty late, but now I have a beard though some say that without my beard i'd look pretty young. I do know I have an uncle who grew 4 inches in college, and my dad said he grew a bit, but not sure how much. IDK if this helps or hurts my case, but I have two younger brothers (also predicted to be 5 11 just like me) who both are pretty small for their ages. But the one who just hit puberty grew 2 inches in the past couple months, so we'll see.

Senpai, what are my chances? I know people grow through college pretty frequently, but i'm specifically interested in knowing if anyone stopped growing, and then started again, and if this is an unusual occurance.

I'm okay being a manlet in this country (USA), but desu kinda scared to visit my family in Germany this summer due to being a mega-manlet in that country.
>>
I don't want to be that guy anon but height is mainly genetics a good diet helps but ultimately it's your genes that determine your ultimate height. Personally I was always 6'4 once I hit 16 but then the other month I went to the doctor and he told me I grew an inch mind you this is at 20 years old. So its really all variable
>>
That's funny, I'm almost 21 and just measured my height for the first real time with tape measure and it turns out I'm 5'6 as well. Always thought I was 5'8 because I would use other people as a comparison and I was taller than people who said they were 5'7. I can't say I care too much I'm more just shocked that almost everyone I've known or met lies about their height
>>
That's weird to think that my mother is taller then your father....my mother is 5'9
>>
Almost every guy that is under 6 foot will lie about being 6 feet tall. I'd say from 5'9 to 5'11 every guy says he is 6 feet tall
>>
>>35658229
That moment when you realize that if you were okay thinking you were 5'8 then you are okay knowing you are 5'6. All in your head. I used to think I was 5'7 (Which I guess i'm only a half inch away from), so similar story here.
>>
fellow 18 yr old here. i was around 5'6 when i left for college this summer and when i came back i grew 2+ inches. im now somewhere around 5'8-5'9

so yeah, you can grow but i honestly think it's luck. i thought i stopped growing a while ago but i guess not, maybe im going through that last 5% of puberty... i got a little taller and patches on my beard grew in and facial/body hair became slightly more dense i've noticed.

it has to do with your genes desu senpai
>>
You could always have kids with a tall girl so that your sons can be average height....
>>
>>35658240
No, they are about the same height, but Dad might be closer to 5'9. I'm shorter than both, however. Kinda unusual to be shorter than your mom, but she is tall for a woman.
>>
>>35658285
Were you growing up until then, though? Like ages 16-17 and 17-18, or did you stop for a bit then start again?

I'm interested in seeing how common that occurence is.
>>
I'm not trying to be rude but I am so greatful to be tall then to be short as a man I feel like its got to be shitty being shorter as a male. I mean if you work out then they say you are compensating for your height but you guys luck out on maximizing gains its sucks benching when you are tall At least I'm not a lanklet though
>>
>>35658306
well i was about 5'3-5'4 when i was 14 then by the end of my sophomore year i was 5'5-5'6. i didn't grow from junior-senior year so i thought i was done, but then i put on 2 inches.
>>
>>35658339
Sounds exactly like my growth pattern. Hope this happens to me
>>
>>35658337
nah it's not that bad since most males inflate their heights anyways. unless you're less than 5'6" then it really isn't much of a drawback in the real world.

however, only on 4chan is everyone 6'4 and everyone under 6'0 should kill themselves
>>
>>35658339
Oh, how tall are your parents?
>>
>>35658395
dad 5'9
mom 5'3 i think
half-brother is 6'3 lol

so if anything i think im done now. i dont mind another 2 or so inches but it isnt that big of a deal unless you make it one

besides, most females are under 5'5 anyways
>>
>>35658377
I never notice my height unless I see my reflection next to another person or if I'm in a group picture then I realize I look like I'm some type of monster next to my friends its always awkward but explains why short girls are always attracted to me
>>
>>35658377
Realizing I was 66 inches exactly made me realize how much everyone lies or inaccurately inflates their height. I remember when I was buying my Christmas tree last month the lady said she was 5'7 and I had an inch on her, and when my girlfriend said she was 5'8 and a half and pretty much the same size as me, or when I knew a guy who said he was 5'9 and was an inch taller than me.

I can't think of anyone who isn't incorrect
>>
>>35658484
I always looked at it as I have no reason to lie about my height or weight but my weight is what always throws people off I'm 300 pounds but people think I'm only like 260-275....I'm not really fat just chubby but if I don't start doing cardio with my lifting again I will be a fatass
>>
>>35658514
wait, you're 300 pounds. how tall are you dude, are you OP?
>>
>>35658514
>>35658612
So you have a BMW of 48? Jesus
>>
>>35658630
Jesus no I'm 6'5 and have a wide as hell frame
>>
>>35658705
oh thank fuck, thought you were OP.
in that case, carry on with your day sir.
6ft4 masterrace reporting also
>>
>>35658721
I'd just kill myself if I was that short and fat
>>
>>35658767
You're still fat though
>>
File: eye-roll.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
eye-roll.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>35658291
>getting grills taller than you
good luck
>>
>>35659020
My first gf was taller than me, and she was hot too
>>
>>35658187
The odds are heavily stacked against you, but my grandpa was 5'6' when he graduated hs and grew to 5'11 when he was in the navy, somewhere around 20-22. You've got time to hit the lottery, but don't get your hopes too high
>>
File: imgres.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
>>35658258
>Tell people I'm 6'
>Really 5' 11 3/4"
>>
>>35659164
Tfw 5'6 when graduated high school and 5'6 at 20
>>
>>35659185

>tell people I'm 5'11 (I actually am)
>people think I'm like 6'1
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.