[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so few women lift weights? I've been working out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1253384830390.gif (1012 KB, 251x188) Image search: [Google]
1253384830390.gif
1012 KB, 251x188
Why do so few women lift weights? I've been working out for about 5 years at several different co-ed gyms. One thing that I've noticed at all of them is that very few women actually lift weights. There might be one or two who consistently lift, but aside from them I almost never see women in the free weight area. The overwhelming majority only do cardio, which does very little for muscular development. In any case what's up with that? Do women just not want to be strong?
Side thought: I've also noticed that a lot of gym literature and advertising is very female oriented (pictures of women working out, reviews from women, stories from women who have lost weight, motivational tips from women, etc.) but yet as I mentioned above very few women actually use the gym for weight training.
>>
>>35658005
Women are literally incapable of being strong
>>
>>35658032
They just don't want to be strong I guess. I don't get why they even go to the gym, just run outside or buy a treadmill and be done with it.
>>
>>35658032
>>35658054

Fuck off misogynists. Many women think id they lift they'll get bigger, so they avoid it.

Use your brain AND TALK TO WOMEN.
>>
>>35658005
No, they don't. That's for men to do, or so the vast majority of women think.
/thread
>>
>>35658005
pretty awesome aint it? the targeted demographic for fitness is insecure women who want to lose weight and that demogrphic does finance a lot of commercial gyms, yet the people who benefit the most out of these gyms are insecure bros who are about that gym life. i fucking love it
>>
File: 1450758060828.jpg (58 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
1450758060828.jpg
58 KB, 582x582
>>35658005
isn't it pretty obvious why more men would be interested in being strong while only a few women?
>>
>>35658005

I work out at a gym with tons of girls who lift, but we have a women's only area.

If I leave the women's gym to use equipment only the main gym has, I am hit on and harassed by nignogs almost immediately. White dudes and Asians leave us alone but niggers are at the gym for the sole purpose of getting their dicks wet

I can't blame women for being afraid of leaving the comfort of the treadmills and the ellipticals and other stupid fairy-walk machines. Free weight area makes you free game for some reason.

I would rather be weak than a rape victim, personally.
>>
>>35658079
Apparently women are fucking stupid then. How can you claim to "workout" if all you do is walk on a treadmill?
>>
>>35658107
Not really. Lifting is about health not just looking good.
>>
>>35658173
I live in a very white (and asian) area and women still do not touch weights in my co-ed gym. It's mostly old people too and yet probably 1/3 women do weights at all. When they do it is almost always machines and only ones targeting their lower bodies (mostly the pussy stretcher). Women are socially and mentally incapable of lifting weight for the most part. It is not just fear of nignogs.
>>
memes aside, most men start lifting to be more attractive to women. Two things:
First, men are held to much higher standards than women. A normal, average woman is considered sexy.
Second, women basically never get rejected. I started lifting because I faced a string of rejections. I faced more rejection in a ~2 month span than most women will in their entire life. unless a woman is fat, she won't have any trouble with dating or sex until she's in her late 20s. Men on the other hand face constant rejection from women, and that drives a lot of men to improve ourselves physically
>>
>>35658191

Because for MOST people that is a workout. You're better educated than most, so you know better but that doesn't mean they're stupid.
>>
>>35658173

Don't be racist, you white whore it's 2016.
>>
>>35658079
Use your brain and learn proper english
>>
>>35658173
Why are women always afraid of things? It's like you're all republicans.
>>
>>35658557
Implying thats not the only good kind of woman.

>>35658173
its good to see not all women have been or remain brainwashed by the liberal cabal that runs our higher education system.
>>
>>35658624
Afraid of the world and cuck lovers?
>>
>>35658624
>I need a women's only area because otherwise I'll get raped
yeah the liberal cabal hates that type of thinking
>>
>>35658301
Don't be ignorant
>>
>>35658005
Because all it takes to be "in shape" for a woman is to not be ham beast. They don't really care about health of fitness, it's just about looking good and being able to brag on Facebook that they "just got done working out".
>>
>>35658079
>>>/reddit/
>>
Because men are told to looks like Superman and women are told to look like Natalie Portman.
>>
>it takes effort
>>
>>35658278
"MOST" people are wrong then.
>>
>>35658209
Kek
>>
>>35658212
I go to a mostly gay white gym and women still do not lift.
>>
>>35661177
Underrated post
>>
At least half of the girls at my gym lift - just none of them do it properly or use real weights.

>tfw waiting for a qt to finish her 1/4 ROM feet together squats in the rack
>>
>>35658273
Average women, who in America are outright fat, are considered sexy by beta autists. If everyone had standards (normal and attainable, like not being fucking fat) cunts would not be the entitled little shits they are.
>>
>>35662245
Aren't they always?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.