[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6
File: 1wgijwvn4.jpg (10 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
1wgijwvn4.jpg
10 KB, 219x230
Mandatory conscription coming up in 4 months time.
I weight 120KG and 178CM tall, fat as fk.
My country's army has a reputation of pushing conscripted soldiers too hard and killing them in the process.
Should I start some training now and do something about it, so that I don't die during the conscription due to heart attack.
advises please.
>>
Finland?
>>
move to a real first world country that doesn't slave its citizenry and workout in a nice gym with wifi
>>
>>35652092
3x5 stop eating everything your mom gives you.
1xF fight the good fight against Kurdish traitors.
>>
File: 1452479061170.jpg (17 KB, 349x346) Image search: [Google]
1452479061170.jpg
17 KB, 349x346
>>35652092
This is still a thing in 2016?
>>
>>35652128
Yeah, but if I leave my country now, upon returning it next time, they will imprison my ass
>>
>>35652092
bad bait
>should I get in shape before basic training?

what do you think OP? you lard ass
>>
Poccиa?
>>
>>35652146
Yes, it's still a thing. And 3 people died last year, all their death are either undisclosed or heart attack.
>>
>>35652092
4 months is plenty of time to get far more fit than basic training requires.
>>
>>35652165
yeah exactly this
>should I get in shape before basic training?
>>
Should I start by just stop eating completely??
>>
>>35652128
>mandatory conscription
>free fitness training, shoot weapons and explosives
>cost 0
>slave

Low test beta detected lmao
>>
>>35652250
Donation of body to the country at only 21 years old
>>
You should, OP.

I will be doing the same shit in less than 3 months, just hope I don't get raped or killed by some stupid mongrel.
Good luck for us, lad.
>>
>>35652304
Thanks bro.
>>
>>35652250
>wanting things to be free
>thinks shooting guns is cool

underage poor amerifat detected
>>
>>35652330
>not believing in doing duty to the country
>not helping country against threats internal and external

European leftist detected.
>>
>>35652092
If you're fat, how will they let you become a soldier?

But anyway, get used to cardio, fast. Do it for most days a week.

By 4 month you should lose enough and get used to cardio so that you will survive everything they give you.

Also from what I know army life requires muscle stamina more than strength, so also include low weight high rep workouts.

By 4 month you should be a reasonable weight and able to do very high intensity cardio and cardio for long durations.

If you push yourself now and army will be much easier and youll be fine.

Godspeed OP, may it teach you many great things.
>>
my experience from the finnish military.
Step 1 : Run
Step 2 : Run like a motherfucker, maybe run in the rain or in the snowstorm
Step 3 : Don't stop running
Step 4 : Walk awful long distances
Step 5 : Carry heavy shit while running and get a cramp or panic attack

Good luck ,mate. The gym doesn't help if you are just infantry ,which will probably be the case.
>>
>>35652358
>"duty to the country'
>doesn't realize rich people made that shit up so poor people like you would fight their wars for them

wew lad
>>
>>35652358
>I owe an obligation to the self proclaimed people in charge of this patch of dirt against THAT patch of dirt because of the random chance that I ended up here

This sounds like dubious logic.
>>
>>35652764
You're a pathetic pussy. Would you not have fought against the nazis in ww2?
>>
>>35652800
Why fight when you can profit and later apologize?
>>
>>35652800
>le ebil nazis XDDD
get a load of this wanker
>>
>>35652330
Totally wrong. I'm Swiss and I finished mandatory military service
>>
>>35652824
Obviously the nazis weren't evil boogeymen, I'm just using them as an example.
>>
>>35652824
Would you not have defended the fatherland against American imperialists or the savage Slavic horde?
>inb4 nazi sympathizer, I'm just making an argument here.
>>
>>35652764
>>35652791

your pathetic cuck mentality is literally the reason why half of europe is being overrun by muslims right now
>>
>>35652092
Not sure what country you're in, or if it makes a difference. I'm from burgerstan and I enlisted last summer. We did a ton of body weight and cardio exercise, almost nothing with weights. Some of the guys physically best prepared for training were skellingtons with great endurance. Just run and do body weight work for reps, and watch your diet. Non-commissioned officers love to single out fatties and destroy them.
>>
>>35653191
I see your point, mate. But that's not how it works, not anymore. We're fighting for judea and its own interest. Or do you think that the average Joe in Europe enjoys Raj, Abiduh and Carlos raping his daughter? We're fighting in a war who doesn't give us shite, only more "war refugees".
Shit is fucked, mate. Those who are in power care not for our people, for our country or anything but power.

And, yep, I am "serving me country" right now.
>>
>>35653351
I feel you famalam. Fortunately, I live in the good old US of A, and God-emperor Trump will make us great again soon. Europoors should take note.
>>
>>35652092
Yeah probly do a programm for some sort of long distance running since my guess is thats gonna be the hardest for you a
>>
>>35652212
NO thats a total shit idea
If you dont eat you wont be able to build extra endurance and muscle
>>
>>35652304
looooooooooooool I got of having to do army time by being a retard (true story )
>>
>>35654801
we would never have guessed.
>>35652092
A lot of my friends we israeli infantry.
Get a weight vest put it on, and walk until you can't walk no more.
Fuck running. your end goal should be something like 15 km with 20 kg. not every day, but at least at some point. And you have to eat proper so you could get up and train the next day. wouldn't hurt to get in more protein though.
Good luck.
>>
>>35655497
*friends were
>>
>>35655497
>fuck running

running is something you do EVERY SINGLE DAY in the military. If you can't keep pace or a 3 mile run wears you out you will get singled out by instructors and they will fuck with you until you are on pace.

>>35652092
Don't even bother weight lifting. You should be doing cals (push ups, sit ups, pull ups etc.) basically all day. Do a certain amount every waking hour. Ruck 2-3 times a week going 7-10 km starting with 30 kg and increase weight each week. Run 5 times a week at a fast pace for at least 3 km.
>>
File: 1452305204426.png (30 KB, 634x566) Image search: [Google]
1452305204426.png
30 KB, 634x566
>>35653235
Could not have said it better myself.
>>
>>35652092
how does that even work? What if you simply cant run long or fast enough? What if you cant do the pullups or run with the 50kg equipment?
In germany when bundeswehr was mandatory they checked a year earlier if you were physically able to complete the training and if you werent, you just didnt have to do it.
>>
I don't know about you guys, but I intend to serve because I want to get inside of the cockpit of that 250 million dollar F-35B.
>>
>>35652092
Which country OP?
>>
Well the first thing I can say is PUT THE FUCKING FORK DOWN, secondly you should do a lot of calisthenics, Calisthenics is great for both your strength and endurance, and the third part is mainly focus on Cardio. If I were you I would start hitting the running track since that's most of the physical training you'll face in the military.
>>
>>35655927
yyyeahhhh good luck with the chair force familia
>>
>>35656030
marine corps, nigger
>>
>Be me
>19
>201cm/6.6ft
>60kg

You don't know what it's like to be a skeleton.
>>
Mornings:--D

T. 165vrk 2/15 säkylä
>>
>>35656991
So because for example IS believes in this logic I have to believe it too? Seems to me that would only keep their logic alive. I don't know how to stop it but a circle of hate does not seem like a solution to me.
>>
File: 1452289206618.jpg (260 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
1452289206618.jpg
260 KB, 600x1066
>>35657563
>Someone is beating up my friends
>I don't believe in beating people up so I am going to abstain from doing that and just watch from the sidewalk while my friends get the shit kicked out of them
>This is so tolerant and will fix the issue.
>>
>>35652092
What country OP?

Also, look on your armed forces website. They may have something under training or entry requirements. Also, they may even suggest a training plan (my country does).

Anyway, get used to cardio, and get good at it. Do more bodyweight stuff like push ups and sit ups. If you can get up to pullups, that too.

If you're worried about heart attacks, take it slow. Start off with brisk walks. Work up to alternating between jogging and walking. Basically do cardio stuff and endurance conditioning. When you hit basic, they're probably drop you straight into this shit. You have 4 months to work your way up to that. Be honest with yourself, and start tonight, at whatever level you're at. 4 months is a lot of time; you should be able to get ready by then.

Good luck OP. Also, take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm mostly regurgitating information.
>>
OP are you a Finn? Israeli? Russian? pls respond
>>
>>35652270
Try 18; you can go die in the desert
> Welcome to America
>>
>>35660167
thought it was 17
>>
>>35652092
>being conscripted to fight for jews to defend niggers and mudslimes
>>
File: 1449192600306.jpg (9 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1449192600306.jpg
9 KB, 229x220
>tfw disabled
>tfw can't be conscripted, even when WW3 starts
>tfw I'll get all of Chad's girlfriends while he's out dying
Feels so fucking good man
>>
>>35661602
>>tfw disabled
>Feels so fucking good man
winrar right here
>>
Turkish? Korean?
>>
>>35661602
Does having severe myopia count as a disability?
>mfw getting to fuck widows while all i have to do is wear contacts
>>
>won't say what country he's from
>won't respond to any anons question

Shit thread/10
>>
>>35652800
Why would I fight what is right?
>>
>>35652358
This desu senpai. As a European I can say I'm jelly at anyone getting to shoot guns and fuck around in the woods for free.
>>
>>35661602
Enjoy getting white feathered everywhere you go
>>
>>35653351
>carlos
>rape
Nice meme. But the majority of hispanic/white male-on-female rape is black men of mexican women
>>
>>35662414
>>35662091
>>35659872
>>35655985
>>35652172
>>35652116
Singapore
>>
Anyways OP here... updates, I started running Yesterday, I only managed to run 3 kilometers. Now my leg hurts like crap, even walking hurts....I anon, can't do this any more. I can't do a single push-up, so no point even mentioning pull-up. Damn son. when I was running I can almost see my death approaching.
>>
>>35652092
Conscription is literally the dumbest fucking thing ever
>having an army full of people who don't want to fight
>>
>>35652092
how about you just have a heart attack and die, you weak piece of crap?
>>
>>35656792
Marine corps ruined the fucking f35, and in so doing ruined our fighter program for the next generation.
>>
>>35652092
Don't be a puss, I'm from SG too. NS is easy as fuck compared to training years ago. Push ups are capped at 20, mats are given to protect recruits against the hot surface, and the work rest cycle is really observed now.

Advise I can give is to begin eating less since you're definitely in PES BP. And up your output by brisk walking cos that is what they will put you guys at first. The only tough thing about NS is acclimating to the heat
>>
>>35663322
>who don't want to fight
Based on what
>>
>>35663059
Clearly you should be going to the Eagle company (obese coy). Weight loss is not an issue in BMT.

Of course it is good that you start your weight loss earlier. Start running for a longer period of time, and watch your diet from now on. Try not to take in carbs during dinner.
>>
>>35652092
>>35663034
dont they have graded fitness over there?

dw. i was in your place too. what you need to do is:

1. go to a gym and use their bike machine. less impact on the legs.
you try running straight off the bat, expect shin splints which will take you off for even longer.

2. bodyweight exercises. dont do a pushup. do a knee pushup. if you cant do that use a bench press and bench the bar or something.
3. crunches. because situps are for fit boys.
4. squats. your legs have been supporting 120kg for a while. they'll handle it.

and most importantly: EAT LESS YOU FUCKING PIG

drink protein shake instead of food. supplement fiber with either vegetables or metamucil. to feel fuller.

for carbs. eat a banana ~30 minutes before you work out. eat one in the morning too for energy.

when i started, lost 10kg in the first month
>>
stop nomming baozi every fucking day you spoiled littel shit
>>
>Should I start some training now and do something about it, so that I don't die during the conscription due to heart attack.
Yes.
>advises please.
Start by losing a lot of weight by limiting your diet a lot. You won't get much to eat in the army anyway, you might as well get used to it now. Running with 120kg will wreck you, other methods of cardio could be different HIIT workouts, swimming or biking. Adding a weight lifting routine will also help with weight loss, but getting bigger muscles will be also more weight to move. I would recommend a body weight routine, since you will also be doing a lot of those anyway.
>>
>>35652116
>My country's army has a reputation of pushing conscripted soldiers too hard and killing them in the process.
>>
get darwined out of the gene pool obviously
>>
What is a general guideline for time/distance requirements (in km) a soon-to-be soldier should strive for?
>>
>>35663500
IPPT 2.4km timing passing time (12:20).
>>
>>35657449
Wtf dude I'm 173 cm and weigh more than you
Eat! Eat everything in sight!
>>
>>35663391
Because they didn't volunteer fuck head. The dinks only do it because they'd rather a miserable year of getting blasted by Sargeant fuck mouth and a shitty posting to a rice paddy with a clapped out m16 because atleast they have a glimmer of hope knowing its all over in a year rather than spending an unkown amount of time laying half starved on a pissed covered south east asian jail cell. Individuals with only that as their motivation would have literally no moral or motivation and make disgustingly sub par soldiers.
>>
>>35663567
>implying broke rednecks trying to escape their shit small towns make any better soldiers
>>
>>35663591
Well it does actually, if thats their reason they'll usually pick non-combat support jobs stick it out for a few years picking up real world certifications even if they are shit atleast its something then they can go after a BA or degree using the GI bill or at the very least have enough money and a few contacts to get work and live where they want. Its not a hard concept too understand anon if you want to be there you'll preform above and beyond some smelly pleb who doesn't
>>
>>35652116
Ilmeeni kun itse intissä nyt! Sodankylä pride
>>
>>35663776
Aamuja mosalle:DDDDDDD
>>
>>35663776

Ahahahah aamuja sinne 30 asteen pakkasiin :DDDDDDDDDD

Eikös teillä ole mosaleirikin tulossa?
>>
>>35652800

Maybe for the nazis lmao
>>
>>35663034
Aw, you've got nothing to worry about dude. That's not even a real place.
>>
File: 1438949460856.png (54 KB, 657x788) Image search: [Google]
1438949460856.png
54 KB, 657x788
>tfw no conscription
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.