[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomrrow morning I'll be headed to the hospital for my-long-delayed-but-finally-here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: scoliosis.jpg (23 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
scoliosis.jpg
23 KB, 200x267
Tomrrow morning I'll be headed to the hospital for my-long-delayed-but-finally-here scoliosis surgery and will be hospitalised for about a week or less.

After the appropriate amount of recovery from the surgery I've been recommended to do some physical exercies to toughen the muscles around the area of the spine that will be worked. I've been suggested swimming, jogging and cycling so far, but I want to ask you guys what else you'd suggest.

As for my diet, I'm pretty sure it will have to change from what it is now (pretty bad, microwave burgers everyday, soda and a variety of unhealthy and cheaps nacks). I've never been much of a fitness person because I've never really been overweight (not to mention I've always lack the willpower and diligence for such things) but what would you guys suggest in terms of diatry changes in order to make sure my recovery period goes well?
>>
>>35651043
>microwave burgers everyday, soda and a variety of unhealthy and cheaps nacks
>I've never been much of a fitness person
>I've never really been overweight
Doesn't add up.

Also:
>back surgery
>asking advice on an anonymous imageboard
>not asking the person responsible for said surgery
I would be happy to know this was bait. But I'm almost certain it is not.
>>
>>35651814
most've had was a bear belly, I don't know, high metabolism or something?

as for that, don't expect the NHS to actually keep in touch with their patients. They cancelled my surgery and I only found out about it 4 days before from some nurse because she told me she wasn't sure if my surgery was on the day that I claimed it was when I went for the final assessment day, so she checked the system for me and it said they cancelled it about a week before yet they didn't even bother to get in touch with me based on that.
>>
>>35651043
>i've been recommended to do some physical exercises by doctors who have been studying for almost a decade about the human body and specialized in spinal conditions

>HEY 4CHIN WAT U THINK I SHUD DO XD?
>>
You dont need surgery. Just do fucking deadlifts, leg press and high rep squats. Before i started lifting i have literally everything fucked up with my back and now eveyrthing is OK
>>
You should Deadlift everyday
Don't worry if it hurts, that's just muscle building
>>
SS + gomad
>>
>>35652081
>>35652100
yeah thats useful at an early stage

its too late for me now unfortunatly
>>
>>35652137
is this /fit/'s boku no pico?
>>
>>35652138
How much is your curvature? American doctors are quite aggressive with scoliosis treatment (suggesting surgery asap)
Muscle strengthening on your back can do wonders for the pain, but you have to be committed- much more than the regular 3h/week fitizen
>>
>>35652138
After operation your going to be fucked for life. Better start eating more, lifting and even consider taking steroids. Operation is serious shit
>>
>>35652186
last time I went for an xray was about 5 months ago and if I recall correctly it was approx. 65 degrees

also I'm not american but british doctors might be the same
>>
>>35652189
This is mainly what I was wondering about. I know for a while I won't be allowed to lift anything, especially using my back but I'm more so wondering about exercise in that period, which cuts out lifing.

Do you think maybe some lifting would be okay if I'm just using my arms? My legs are something I would like to work on too (dont know if that's a good thing as a guy desu) which is why I'm thinking of doing some cycling also to tone them a bit.
>>
>>35652272
BRO you better start training your back and your legs. When you put muscle on your back your spine will be fine
>>
>>35652272
After surgery ? Only swimming, I'd be too scared to try lifting, plus swimming is the very first exercise orthopedic doctors recommend

Are you in constant pain now? How old?
>>
>>35652424
Not constant pain but more like contant acheing. I'm turning 19 in June. I've never bothered to learn to swim but maybe I should since it really is the best form of exercise because all the muscles in the body are being used.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.