[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sport should OP start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Conor-McGregor.jpg (2 MB, 3300x2380) Image search: [Google]
Conor-McGregor.jpg
2 MB, 3300x2380
Soo i've played football (not the americunt version) for a long time and the end is near. What /fit/ approved sport should I start or recommend a gym routine
>>
soccer
>>
box
>>
>>35650416
MMA, it's this new sport/dance, you score a point if you hit your opponent's fist with your face. Enjoy, and good luck.
>>
>>35650454
Would it be better to start MMA/boxing > Gym ?
>>
Icehockey
>>
>>35650462
Fuck no.

I say that as a boxer/MMA fanboy. Gym first. Strong Lifts or Starting Strength as a beginning routine. Start MMA/boxing when you hit all intermediate on http://symmetricstrength.com/
>>
>>35650476
thanks senpai
>>
I would recommend that you investigate rowing. It is nearly impossible to get injured doing it and it's a constant full body work out. Plus you get to race other people and hang out in a boat all the time.
>>
>>35650624
Sounds awesome, but where I live rowing is practically impossible
>>
>>35650462
yes, it will stop you relying on strength when you start training.
>>
Do some grappling like BJJ, judo or wrestling. Its fun.
>>
>>35650462
I wouldn't recomend MMA at all, especially the lower MMA guys, are those guys that simly want to get a bloody nose once a week. There isn't really more to it.
Boxing is a good thing but even then, I would recomend something with more technique fields.
There is no reason not to start a MMA/ boxing class with the Gym.
It mostly depends
>>
File: judo.jpg (121 KB, 1280x1011) Image search: [Google]
judo.jpg
121 KB, 1280x1011
>>35650416
Judo.

Nice mixture of skill and strength, applicable to real fighting, proper sparring in lessons and doesn't involve getting punched in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWW2pr04JUY
>>
>>35651012
Don't do judo if you're tall. It's a manlet sport and will rek your knees. Do Greco wrestling and remember it's only gay if you forget to say no homo.
>>
>>35650476
This has got to be the most pants on head retarded advice I've seen on here.

Strength is not a prerequisite to MMA or boxing, it helps but it should be seen as a supplement to Combat sports, not something you should fo before trying it out.

The time he spends trying to get to a completely arbitrary strength level could have been spent trying to learn the foundations of MMA, he can work on strength while doing MMA.
>>
>>35650476
Don't be fucking dumb anon

Technique is the most important factor not hurr durr mah lifts
>>
>>35651195
>Don't do judo if you're tall
you are mentally retarded
>>
>>35651657
Technique beats Strength
Speed beats technique
Timing beats speed

Stop with the bullshit that if you just drill technique all day you will be good. Look at TKD faggots, practicing synchronized dance moves all day, they have beautiful technique. Drop them in the ring with a good boxer and see what happens.
>>
>>35650416
>playing fairy foot
>>
>>35652698
>Drop them in the ring with a good boxer and see what happens
But boxers spend as much time working on technique as tkd fags do

t. ex-boxer
>>
>>35652718
They also work on speed and most importantly timing.
>>
>>35652730
Yeah, but tkd is a different sport so you can't really compare them like that. Rules and scoring determine a sport desu
>>
>>35652755
I'm talking about stated objective, which is to.knock the other fucker down with a strike.
>>
>>35650416
the fuck's up with his ear?

ew
>>
Speed is not more important than technique. Dont listen to this retard.
>>
>>35652762
Well, you replied to the anon telling OP not to fall for the lifting meme. Lifting weights won't do shit for your boxing as a newb desu

If one wants to start boxing, he should just fucking go to practice fullstop
>>
File: nadal_2009_austopen.jpg (30 KB, 517x345) Image search: [Google]
nadal_2009_austopen.jpg
30 KB, 517x345
>2016
>not playing the real gentleman's sport

For real though its like you guys are trying to not make it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.