[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you guys track calories/macros? How much protein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: macros.jpg (98 KB, 689x462) Image search: [Google]
macros.jpg
98 KB, 689x462
How many of you guys track calories/macros?

How much protein do you aim for/end up eating each day?

Do any of you guys use myfitnesspal or any similar food tracking app?
>>
i just started a few weeks ago but im tracking a few things calories,carbs,protein and fat.
>>
>How many of you guys track calories/macros?
I do, personally. Makes me feel at ease, not too hard to do, and ultimately beneficial for my goals.

>How much protein do you aim for/end up eating each day?

I eat just a little above 1g/lb, which means ~150 g of protein. It's hard to go any less with the foods I have around the house

>Do any of you guys use myfitnesspal or any similar food tracking app?
I use Excel and do everything via spreadsheet.
>>
Protein at just over 1g/lb

>inb4 meme

Get about 95 fats and the rest carb (~380) to hit my 3100 calorie goal. MyFitnessPal is the way to go anon.
>>
>>35648817
Anyone have more lists like OP's pic? Need one for vegetables too
>>
I track them, mosty as a consequence of counting calories since trying to lose lotsa weight while retaining as much muscle as possible.

0.8g/lbs, at the very least, if i can get 1g/lbs on a deficit, i'll do it.

I use myfitnesspal. Again, fattass, losing weight, it tracks them for me, so it's a win-win i guess.

I generally don't worry about macros other then protein, i'm not avoiding carbs and such.
>>
>>35648817
I do

1g / lbs body weight

>Do any of you guys use myfitnesspal or any similar food tracking app?
I use the app of fitbit
>>
>>35649104

how are you going bro? My goal is 100kg which will be 40 total lost. at a plateau of 120 that I will hopefully get past by next week. Using myfitnesspal as well. What's your goal/progress?
>>
Currently cutting at 1900kcals and 120g protein.

I use MFP to track.
>>
Unless you're doing something like Keto, I don't see why you would want to track fats and carbs.
>>
>>35649424
Sorry for the late answer, hopefully you're still here.

I lost a bit more then 6kgs in 3 weeks. Losing about 2kgs a week, eating 1400 to 1600 calories a day depending on if i work out, and also to give myself a bit of a leeway in case I calculated something wrong.

Doing SS and a mix of LISS cardio 4 times a week and HIIT 2 times a week. Nothing spectacular of course, the counter says about 300 cals burned during cardio.

I would recommend checking your bmr and tdee(use the sedentary equation).

Good luck mang
>>
>>35650523
Also, about the plateau: check your bmr/tdee. Perhaps you're eating at a maintenance and not realizing it? It's a possiblilty.
>>
>>35648817

I do not track calories (anymore) because it's pointless as I work at a restaurant and they provide meals, and god knows how many calories/macros are in each meal.

I could start counting all my OTHER meals outside the restaurant, but I'll do that when I start failing lifts next.

So far sleep is on point.
>>
>>35648817
>Calories
500 under my TDEE, as on cut

>Protein
1g per 1lb of bodyweight

>Carbs/Fat
Never tracked these.
What should I be aiming for?
>>
>>35648817
I don't usually. I'll track a day or two if I feel like I hit a plateau, but I mostly just estimate. I stick to healthy foods in moderation, and that seems to be getting me where I want to go.
>>
Carbs !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDRVXz0ft5s
>>
>>35648817
I do; currently following the Renaissance Periodization autotemplate, which is currently set to .95g/lb protein/bw because I'm fairly lean at this point.

I track macros via MyNetDiary, which prefer over myfitnesspal simply because I don't have to hunt through 30 submissions to find the one that uses the unit of measurement I want for most things.
>>
I don't since I don't need to. I alrwady know I'm getting a correct macro and micro count since I'm getting bigger muscles and my blood levels are just fine.
>>
>>35651370
>What should I be aiming for?
Not that important desu senpai. The more carbs the better if you're staying in your calorie range. Fat is kind of up to you; most fitness people get almost all their energy from carbs so fat is kind of redundant.
>>
>>35649055
Can you make a public Google doc for your sheet?
>>
Lel counted macros for 2years. I decided to stop and cut out junk food and soda 100% from my life. Only drink water and occasional tea, for bulking I just add more carbs, when cutting I add cardio first then slowly transition into a paleo diet. Works wonderfully.
>>
>>35648817
my fitness pal

0.75~

>Do any of you guys use myfitnesspal or

yeah
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.