[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amerifags, what's the place you guys usually buy your groceries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 12451251251251.jpg (650 KB, 600x576) Image search: [Google]
12451251251251.jpg
650 KB, 600x576
Amerifags, what's the place you guys usually buy your groceries and get the best value for your money? Walmart is pretty good, but it has no fucking variety, I had to go to fucking publix because they didn't have fucking kale, flax seeds, and the people in walmart looked at me like a retard when I asked where the chard is.
>>
>>35648157
Whole Foods :^)

On the real though, Market Basket has the best combination of variety and prices. Aldi and Costco are both great for the money but I dislike shopping at them.

And if you don't eat a lot of meat and cook tons of stuff you can get from the bulk bins (they're called bulk for a reason), Whole Foods isn't that bad and has awesome variety.
>>
File: 4e5iBw4.jpg (89 KB, 502x679) Image search: [Google]
4e5iBw4.jpg
89 KB, 502x679
Right now I shop at WinCo and I like it a lot but it's only in western states.

Also some Walmarts have a bigger selection of food than others. Mine has a decent selection of veggies (incl. kale & chard) but it's also fucking massive
>>
>>35648157
Get out of my country
>>
>>35648208
Whole foods, is overpriced as fuck bro..
>>
>>35648244
pleb wage cuck detected
>>
>>35648157
Fred Meyers isn't too bad
>>
>>35648244
>overpriced
Not if I'm willing to pay it for service and selection. It works for me because I avoid restaurants like the plague, don't drink at all and don't eat much meat, so even with the higher prices I spend way less on food than most people despite being extremely active and 6', 205.
>>
Trader Joe's. A bunch of organic good stuff and very decently priced, not many things go over $5. Also the only place that carries big cartons of the brand of soy milk I get (I'm lactose intolerant). Only problem is a bunch of hippies and weebs shop there
>>
Costco is great

>>35648322
TJoes milk is fucking expensive. $3.50 for a half gallon, what the hell
>>
>>35648244
>>35648244
If you support the local farmers, which I do, you get much better prices and can buy in bulk all while spending less than a 100 dollars a week, instead of spending triple in shit like Wholefoods, and also feel good about supporting the farmers directly.

It's a bit of a drive (25 minutes) but it's worth it, learn to spend your money kid.
>>
>>35648428
Fuck me, meant to quote:

>>35648320
>>35648256
>>
>>35648157
Where in the country are you? Different chains for different regions. Sometimes delivery services like PeaPod or Fresh Direct (maybe Instacart) have good coupons and stuff.
>>
>>35648438
I just said I'm from the States, I already mentioned it in the thread post, but if you mean state, it's florida.
>>
>>35648433
$100 is an average grocery bill per week for me at Whole Foods, and it's a block from my apartment. Local farmers can get fucked if they're gonna set up shop all the way across town in a neighborhood with terrible parking.
>>
>>35648526
The quantity and freshness I get from buying from farmers will never compare to buying stuff from wholefoods.
>>
>>35648157
Winco Foods.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.