[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diet/Protein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: protein-rich-foods.jpg (56 KB, 580x400) Image search: [Google]
protein-rich-foods.jpg
56 KB, 580x400
Do you vary your Protein source on a daily basis or don't you just give a fuck (about high cholesterol's) and eat meats, eggs and dairy products every day?

"Immigration studies show that this resistance to heart disease is not just something in the Africans’ genes. When people move from low-risk to high-risk areas, their disease rates skyrocket as they adopt the diet and lifestyle habits of their new homes.5 The extraordinarily low rates of heart disease in rural China and Africa have been attributed to the extraordinarily low cholesterol levels among these populations. Though Chinese and African diets are very different, they share commonalities: They are both centered on plant-derived foods, such as grains and vegetables. By eating so much fiber and so little animal fat, their total cholesterol levels averaged under 150 mg/dL,6,7 similar to people who eat contemporary plant-based diets"
>>
>>35648114
also beans are a good source of protein
>>
I eat those every day and my total cholesterol is 84 mg/dL. Feels good to not have plebeian genetics.
>>
I'm a poorfag, so chicken tits and eggs are my only real choices. Well and cottage but only subhumans eat that shit
>>
I eat chicken twice a day. Sometimes 3 times a day. It is the GOAT food tbqhfamalam
>>
I eat chicken and chicken related products, that's literally it.
>>
>>35648114
I keep variety in my diet on general principle, to make sure I'm getting a wide range of micronutrients.

For protein:
Chicken thighs
Eggs
Quinoa
Salmon
Pork sausage
Venison
Beef stew meat
Cod
Tilapia
>>
>>35648114
>People in rural China and Africa whose diets consists of plant-derived foods rather than McDonald's have lower rates of heart disease
>Who would've guessed?

>>35648205
Don't forget about lentils. Just as cheap, healthy, and versatile.
>>
>>35648114
Cholesterol is essential for testosterone production. Stay low test.
>>
>>35648962
>>where this conversation goes

>dietary cholesterol isn't shown to contribute much to blood cholesterol
>most cholesterol comes from synthesis
>thus dietary cholesterol is worthless for increasing testosterone

..or something like that.
>>
>>35648449
Do you avoid tuna because of the mercury or the taste?
>>
>>35648995
A little of both. Don't love the flavor and would rather eat salmon for my Mercury fish.
>>
>>35648114
is honey healthy?
>>
>>35650555

Yes, but calorie dense.
>>
>>35650598
i was not asking about cut-wise, but general health-wise. i don't want diabetes at the age of 40 something.
>>
>>35650768
Then stay low sugar. That's sugar of all kinds.
>>
>>35648114
Found the insecure vegan trying to impose his shitty no gains eating habits on me :)
>>
>>35648982
care to elab?
>>
>> canned sardines/salmon with bones
> protons
> good fats
> calcium

>> legumes/cereals
> protons
> minerals
> fibers
>>
>>35650811
IDK, I would agree that dietary cholesterol is beneficial to gains; and apparently so would science.

http://anthonycolpo.com/research-update-eating-more-cholesterol-makes-muscles-stronger/
>>
Carbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDRVXz0ft5s
>>
>>35651450
but it also increases the chance of hearth disease

"A study at Oxford University that tracked nearly 45,000 people over ten years
found that the vegetarians had a 32 per cent lower chance of dying from heart
disease compared to non-vegetarians. This was due largely to their lower blood
pressure and cholesterol levels as well as higher intakes of fruit, vegetables
and fibre."
>>
>>35651525
Dietary cholesterol negatively affecting blood cholesterol is a myth.

http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>>
>>35651564
You did not refute what he asserted, anon.
>>
>>35652295
He said that dietary cholesterol increases the chance of heart disease, and per the logic that there's no evidence of it negatively affecting serum cholesterol ratios, yes -- that claim is unfounded.
>>
>>35652444
He didn't say anything about serum cholesterol, anon. Please stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>>35652496
How about reading?

>>dietary cholesterol is beneficial to gains
>it also increases the chance of hearth disease
>>
>>35652553
Both assertions are demonstrably true.
>>
>>35652635
Please show evidence of how dietary cholesterol negatively impacts health.

Good luck.
>>
>>35652652
Haha fuck you dude, he made an assertion you have yet to refute, don't get me involved in your damage control.
>>
>>35653169
He made an assertion without evidence. Git gud.
>>
Eggs, milk and protein powder are my only sources of protein because to lazy to cook anything else.
>>
beef
chicken
pork
tuna
eggs
>>
>>35648368
Beans, lentils etc are by far cheaper
>>
>>35650768
Sugar wont get you diabetes, look at athletes diets...
>>
>>35653183
Fuck off with your pseudoscience.
>>
>>35654868
>hurr
>>
File: 72a.png (91 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
72a.png
91 KB, 500x376
Didn't want to start a new thread to ask this so I'm posting it in a diet related thread.

LBM 155 BF% 15 H: 5'11

I lift 3 days a week and run on another 3.

My calories for my running days are currently 2380. (activity factor of 1.5 because of my job)

Roughly a 400cal deficit. I am running for cardiovascular health, not necessarily to lose weight. The treadmill says I burn 300 cals a session.

My macros are roughly 200g P 200g C 80g F

My question is, should I eat an extra 200 cals as to not drop below a 500 cal daily deficit?

I do want to preserve my LBM as much as possible.
>>
the only veggies i eat are carrots and corn, is that too much starch? should i sub in a different veggy?
>>
>>35648114
>eat meats, eggs and dairy products every day?

yep
>>
>>35656444
>The treadmill says I burn 300 cals a session.
Probably inaccurate.
>>
>>35657150
So don't worry about it then?
>>
File: 1440871854976.jpg (39 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
1440871854976.jpg
39 KB, 427x640
>>35654868
>true propositions with false conclusions
>literally invalid

L2 logic, nigger.
>>
>>35657165
Yes.
>>
>>35657196
Thanks /fit/ bro
>>
>>35648368
>chicken tits
top kek this is now my new name for brotein breasts
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.