[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I gonna make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Xihx3Bl.jpg (51 KB, 550x408) Image search: [Google]
Xihx3Bl.jpg
51 KB, 550x408
I'm 6'1", 365lbs, 34% bodyfat.
I'm eating 2000 calories our less per day, have a good macro ratio. I'm doing cardio, just started Couch to 5K. Am I going to make it. Any advice? My goal is to reach 220lbs.
>>
>>35647267
>sticky
Keep going. It's a long road but others before you have paved the way. Also 2000 might be unsustainably low, use the scooby calculator to see if you could be eating a bit more.
>>
As a previously fat person, my advice is to lift. You're going to become saggy as shit, and muscles really, really, help fill things in, so you won't look like a melted candle.
>>
>>35647293
>unsustainably low

As in I won't be able to stick with it or it's doing more harm than good? I feel pretty good so far. Been at that caloric level for around two weeks now.
>>
>>35647267
2000 is low but not impossible. You will have your days when you give in, just make sure they are few and far in between.
>>
>>35647311
I will start lifting. I have already decided to start lifting after the 9 weeks of C25K. Is Stronglifts good. I tried it a couple of years ago and really liked it. I just got really sick and couldn't lift anymore (had some liver issues).
>>
you're probably a lot more than 34% at that weight, unless under the fat you're actually jacked as shit. I'm too lazy to do the math but 34% at 365 would mean at 220 you'd be pretty damn lean...
>>
>>35647311
This guy's right.
I lost as much weight when I was lifting 3 days and running 2 as I did when I was running 5.
Just diet and do SOME kind of exercise each day and you'll be sweet.

My other tips would be:
Don't follow someone elses diet if you don't enjoy everything on it. Spend the time to put together a diet of food you enjoy and food that's affordable for you.
Do your exercise at the same time each day if you can. Make it a routine and work hard not to miss a day. As much as I enjoy my routine, all it took was a couple of missed days for me to throw in the towel and stop going to the gym for months at a time.
Bottom line is if you find a way to make it enjoyable and achievable, you'll make it.
>>
>>35647311
For actual research purposes how much weight did you lose and how fast did you lose it. I'm looking for more body fat percentage stats than a weight number.
>>
>>35647360
also, obviously, good luck OP. It makes me really happy when I see people make progress from being obese to getting in shape. rooting for you.
>>
>>35647345
I know it's low. I just really want to lose the weight. I'm not getting any younger. I'm already 35.
>>
>>35647267
look i dont give a fuck if i get replies or not, but listen to me. you are the only one that can decide if your going to make it or not. not strangers over the internet. you decide your fate out of everyone. if your going to be successful of not. make wise decisions.
>>
>>35647387
the issue you're going to run into is having excess skin and that wont be aesthetic. i would stay big around 275-300 and just throw around massive weight.
>>
File: You fucked up.png (265 KB, 460x483) Image search: [Google]
You fucked up.png
265 KB, 460x483
>>35647267
Didn't wanna make my own thread about it, but I've been wanting to ask:

265 lbs, 5'10", never weighed more than that. Current weight is lower due to getting my shit into shape. Used to have sedentary lifestyle.

How much loose skin do you think I'll have? Could I feasibly prevent the disgusting loose skin by increasing muscle mass after I shed the fat, to fill it in?
>>
File: lel2.jpg (395 KB, 684x794) Image search: [Google]
lel2.jpg
395 KB, 684x794
>>35647375
I lost 80lbs, yo-yo'ing over the course of about 4 years. I went from 230lbs to 150lbs.

I got loose skin on my upper arms, my thighs and bum were flabby looking, and my boobs went pretty saggy.

Got to 165lbs, then started powerlifting very seriously. After a year and a half, I got down to 150lbs (I think the right pic is 155lbs), my stomach-pudge has leaned out, my bum and legs are no longer flabby with cellulite. My boobs got a bit perkier too, thankfully.
>>
File: hair (278).jpg (84 KB, 600x1210) Image search: [Google]
hair (278).jpg
84 KB, 600x1210
>>35647267

>34% body fat
>277.4 lbs of LBM

No. I don't believe you, sir. Not one bit.
>>
>>35647469
You're clothed, nignog, why the george costanza?
>>
>>35647387
Another great tip for low calorie diets is to eat the majority of your calories before your workout, so that, you decreased energy has less of an effect on your workout.
>>
>>35647469
but why get a dyke haircut?
>>
>>35647469
If your still there, was there any points within the 4 years where you lost weight faster than average? Also how tall are you.
>>
>>35647360
That's not impossible. 6'3'', around 245, 20% BF. without having managed any serious lifting yet.

Which reminds me that I'm a huge fucker and need to get back into the gym.
>>
File: 1.jpg (42 KB, 541x960) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
42 KB, 541x960
>>35647267
I just started lifting this week, so my body looks like shit underneath, but here's a pic of me at 180 from 360. I'm 6ft. We have similar stats, so I definitely believe in you. Good luck to you!
>>
>>35647402
Thanks man. I'm going to make it. I'm really just here for advice.
>>
>>35647494
I've been measured. 34% bodyfat. Some people are bigger than you, even under all of this blubber.
>>
>>35647414
I think you could be right. The 220 thing is to be able to make weight to be a flight medic, but being that big and strong feels like it's how I should be. I'm pretty strong now, just not in a "weightlifting" dirty of way I guess. I pick people up all day long, literally pick them up. Ask of my co workers know me as "the strong guy" at work.
>>
>>35647882
*kind of a way
>>
I know the struggle. I started at 6' 400lbs in July 2015 and now I'm about 340lbs. I lost that weight doing a 2000 calorie diet with just cardio. I tried lowering my calories to 1500 (Stressful to maintain) and I stopped losing as much weight, but I agree with some of these other guys about adding lifting. I do cardio every day and then lift three times a week. I'm still getting out of the plateau, but while I'm not losing as many pounds, I feel my waist and arms changing. I'm going to need to buy new jeans and shorts soon. Good luck man, we're gonna make it some day.
>>
>>35647801
How long was your journey? Any tips for me?
>>
>>35647951
Thanks man. We ARE going to make it.
I am excited to lift but I have made a commitment to do C25K from start to finish before I pick up the weights. It's just a personal decision but I'll be lifting in about 8 weeks.
>>
>>35647966
I lost weight pretty fast, which I wouldn't recommend, but after a year, I was at 195 from 360, then I slowed down and a few months later I was at 180. I did it all with cardio and eating less, but I probably should have started lifting weights a lot sooner. I just finished up my first week of SS and hope to progress with it. Just try not overdo it and slowly try to make progress, whether it be adding more time to your jogging/running or trying to eat a little less more and more. Make sure to adjust your calorie intake every 5 pounds or so.
>>
>>35647322
As in, it's hard to stick with it. Besides, your metabolism increases a few months into excercising, so you'll feel even hungrier. How much were you eating before?
>>
>>35648062
I was eating alot before. I want tracking intake then of course, but based on what I'm tracking new at 2000 calories, I'd say that I was eating around 3000 calories/day.
>>
>>35648078
*wasn't
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.