[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home Gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 5463456234576.jpg (21 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
5463456234576.jpg
21 KB, 500x211
If you had a home gym and money wasn't a factor would you get iron or bumper plates?
Also home gym general.
>>
>>35645923
bumper plates, more movements possible, less noise and less chance to damage my plates or my floors.
>>
>>35645923
>money wasn't a factor
then I'd have a separate building on my 10000 acre plot, with floor made of titanium and plates made of tungsten

seriously though, it doesn't matter. bumper plates can fuck up any flooring just as well as generic plates if you drop them. gl doing oly lifts in an apartment, whether your plates are rubbered or not.
>>
>>35646178
>doesn't understand structural engineering
I have a buddy who made a platform out of pic related and dead lifts more then 5 pl8+ all the time in the second floor of his loft twice a week
>>
>>35646220
>horse stall mats

When I bought my house the previous owner had just built a huge horse barn. Never had a horse though, so when I bought it there were 20 brand new horse stall mats. Thus the horse barn became the gym. They are unbelievable.
>>
I would go with concrete plates
>>
>>35646220
I said oly lifts, retard. You can deadlift 10pl8 73 times a week with iron plates on tile floor. If you C&J even 0.5pl8 at home, bumper plates will fuck your flooring and your neighbors will rightfully fuck you.
>>
>>35645923
If I had my time again I would invest in bumper plates as you will probably transition into oly/powerlifting. If you are going to use dumbbells in your training then it is wise to invest in some iron plates as well, as they are smaller and allow for better ROM.
>>
File: mats_dumbells.jpg (971 KB, 2816x1584) Image search: [Google]
mats_dumbells.jpg
971 KB, 2816x1584
>>35646282
>20 brand new horse stall mats

Nice.

The basement pictured has almost finished being renovated and the flooring is all horse mats. It was cheaper and more practical to just cover the whole floor in 4' x 6' x 0.75" horse stall mats from Tractor Supply Co. than any other type of flooring.

The house smells like a tire factory, but that's temporary.

*On sale now for $35 at tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rubber-mat-black-4-ft-x-6-ft
>>
>>35646516
naw F A M your a fucking plug who probaby lives in a europoor shit country. The way condos and apartments are constructed where i come from you could drop a loaded barbell from over head onto the tiles and all that would break is the tiles. Your just a retard.
>>
Looking to get a good multipurpose barbell(squats/ bench/deadlifts).
Any recommendations?
>>
>>35648348
Texas power bar senpai
>>
>>35645923
Id get half and half. I'd addbumpers to my bench if i needed them, and metal plates to my cleans and diddlies, if necessary
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.