[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that you have to train body parts 2-3 times a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1445282267463.jpg (25 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
1445282267463.jpg
25 KB, 500x437
Is it true that you have to train body parts 2-3 times a week for max gains and that waiting a whole week before training a body part just slows down your progress?
>>
>>35642890
No, you don't actually lose gains until 2-3 weeks or so iirc. You should work everything twice a week though
>>
>>35642890
>Does training a certain body part only once a week compared to 2-3 times a week mean less gains?
What does common sense tell you, pal?

>>35642931
He didn't say anything about losing gains.
>>
>>35642890
Supposedly yes, but then again bros have been doing brosplits for years and making gains
>>
No, you should squat at LEAST three times a week. Don't forget your deadlifts too. Don't listen to every ripped dude in the gym that's on a bro split. They're the exceptions. ;)
>>
>>35642890
i had my best gains working out 3 times every two weeks. I just did compound exercises.

In fitness, there is this bodybuilding mentality, that you need to 15 sets for every body part, and that just isn't true.

You can probably get awesome gains lifting once a week.
>>
Studies done on Norwegian powerlifters showed that pretty much the more often you train the better.

So instead of having on heavy ass workout it was better to have 3 medium ones.
>>
yes, higher frequency will induce hypertrophy more effectively. It depends what your goals are though. If you're strength training, training a part multiple time a week will be counterproductive. If you're bodybuilding, more frequency is better.
>>
>>35643550
shouldve put an asterisk next to your entire post

*this is only acceptable for nooby lifters. If you're squatting 300+ lbs three times a week and deadlifting 400 lbs three times a week, ur finna get rekt.
>>
>>35642890
are you asking out of curiosity? or does you schedule only allow you to workout a certain amount?
>>
>>35644830
Just looking to try a different program for a few months
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.