[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi fitness buffs! I am a beginner and I am trying to find the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hi fitness buffs!

I am a beginner and I am trying to find the optimal training for my body building routine.

I got recommended to 5x5 strength training.

I happen to like the premise as I always wanted to get stronger, but I worry that maybe I am being sold too quickly because of me liking this selling point.

What's your guys take on 5x5? Has anyone tried it long term? If yes what did it do for you? Also post some stats about you before starting 5x5

pic related
>>
Also please feel free to disagree if you feel like it but if you do make sure you explain why so we can all learn. Thank you
>>
>>35639206
Yes.
>>
>>35639206
Yes.
>>
>>35639206

It's fine, start with an empty bar and be committed.
>>
>>35639206
Read the sticky. Why in the world would anyone do 1x5
>>
>>35639470

There's literally nothing wrong with deadlifting 1x5
>>
>>35639491

Is that right?
>>
>>35639491
Except barely working at all. I thought the point of working out was to fatigue your muscles, not do a single fucking set.
>>
>>35639206
>Bodybuilding
>sl5x5
Enjoy big legs and skinnyfat upperbody.

But seriously its a good beginner's program. Once you get ro bodyweight ohp, 1.25 bodyweight bench, 1.75 squat and 2deadlift then move onto a ppl routine for dat hypertrophy.
>>
>>35639206
Click the god damn dinosaur running around at the top of the front page of fit and fucking READ.
>>
>>35639524
Heavy deads can drain. Come bqck when you lift more than 10kg fqggot.
>>
>>35639553
>>35639526

What the fuck are you even talking about? Maybe hit the gym before you try to give fitness advice. Enjoy your non existent posterior chain.
>>
>>35639524
>>35639508

My 1rm deadlift is 510 pounds. I've literally never done more than 2 triples at a working weight for deadlifts.
>>
>>35639528
I don't get how these people can't see it. It's a fucking dinosaur sprinting around and it still doesn't get there fucking attention
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.