[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are leverage machines decent or are they gimmicky shit like Bowflex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: home-gym-equipment-reviews_a.jpg (35 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
home-gym-equipment-reviews_a.jpg
35 KB, 450x338
Are leverage machines decent or are they gimmicky shit like Bowflex?

I want to setup a home gym, but I don't really like free weights. I tried it in the past and it just made me nervous whenever I had all of those close calls where I was alone, my arms gave out in the middle of a rep, and I'm suddenly caught under the bar.

I definitely would prefer leverage machines and I know I would stick with that since I've always thought that machines are pretty fun, but I just want to make sure that it's not some gimmicky shit before I blow a lot of money on it.
>>
I bought one of these in 1996.. It still right here in my living room... it work to tide you over when you haven't got time to get to a gym and want to pump...

it uses your body weight, an adjustable incline and pulleys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_DGLaUA5g
>>
File: 1448256318893.png (76 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1448256318893.png
76 KB, 260x194
>>35635406

Man up and buy a power cage+bench, pussy
>>
>>35635406
>>35635432

The problem is is that there's never enough resistance for these machines. I worked in an old folks home where they had them as they were great for the old people.

Buy a rack with safety bars bro, it's not hard. The only dangerous lift is bench and if you don't use clips then you can tilt the bar and let them slide off safely.
>>
OK guys, sorry for asking this here but it's the first thread I saw and (sadly) I trust you guys more than anyone else

So I'm at my gfs house, and the past few months we haven't been intimate, she's been cold and short and I've been trying to get us back to where we were. So we talked about it and she said she doesn't know where we are. I asked her if she wanted to end it or not and she said she doesn't know. I asked her if she wants me to stay tonight and she just asked what do you want to do. I told her I want to stay and fight for what we had, how I loved her and all that jazz. She didn't say anything so I asked again if she wanted me to stay. Again she just asked what I wanted to do so I said I don't know. She said she didn't want me walking home and went to bed. What do I do? Get into bed with her? Walk home? Please help
>>
File: 1447422456545.jpg (24 KB, 400x373) Image search: [Google]
1447422456545.jpg
24 KB, 400x373
>>35635576
top cuck
>>
>>35635576
Sorry anon, I have no clue. I can say that when I'm upset, I love forehead kisses. They make everything better. Best of luck.
>>
>>35635592
Asked her if she was trying to move on/find someone else, she said no and maybe like an idiot I trust her

>>35635615
Gave her one and told her I really did love her. She just asked what I was going to do and I said I don't know
>>
>>35635634
I'd suggest letting her know you're there for her and then give her plenty of space. Don't text her, don't talk to her, etc. It's called rubber band effect or theory, that when you pull away they'll be drawn back to you. Take this time to do things you enjoy with your guy friends. If the relationship was meant to be, she'll get in touch with you. Absence makes the heart fonder and all that.
>>
>>35635406

If you're alone, bench with dumbbells, not barbells. That way you can just drop them.
>>
>>35635672
I know if I do that though she won't come back and I'll just be wondering what she's doing. It gives me this hollow feeling in my chest thinking about not being with her
>>
>>35635406
Get safety bars, or get someone to spot you
>>
>>35635576
Dump her it's over. Best of luck with the next one
>>
>>35635406
Have one at the boxing gym in town that and a cheap cable machine make a good home gym. It's not the best bit for the space and what it does it very good.
>>
>>35635696
Don't force yourself into a relationship. Don't be with someone for the sake of not being alone. You will become miserable. You may end up trapped financially or worse, end up with kids in a loveless marriage/partnership. I would personally end it. Don't wait until you want to kill each other and be bitter. I'm really sorry Anon.
>>
>>35635769
The thing is I'm crazy about her, madly in love, and in the past she felt the same about me
>>
File: Leverage-Bench-Press.jpg (247 KB, 999x827) Image search: [Google]
Leverage-Bench-Press.jpg
247 KB, 999x827
>>35635524
>The problem is is that there's never enough resistance for these machines.
Even with the leverage machines? I could understand with the bowflex ones where it's the pulley systems and all of that, but you can just put more weights on these leverage machines.
>>
Also guys what do I do tonight, stay or leave?
>>
>>35635787
That's the same response I gave my ex when I was over her. . . Do whatever you want, just like she might not care about you anymore man.
>>
>>35635803
Just get in bed with her. If she didn't want you there she would ask to be alone.
>>
>>35635576
You gotta take control. Relationships aren't equal partnerships. You're the leader and you have to be a good leader who is decisive and masculine.

Imagine that you're just George Patton and ask yourself what Patton would do in each of these situations.

>I asked her if she wanted to end it or not and she said she doesn't know.
Patton wouldn't have asked her that. Leaders don't ask their subordinates about what direction they should be marching.

>I asked her if she wants me to stay tonight and she just asked what do you want to do. I told her I want to stay and fight for what we had, how I loved her and all that jazz.
Too much asking. "I'm going to stay and I'm not leaving until we sort this shit out and get the relationship back on track" would have been better because you're declaring what you're going to do, rather than asking her permission for you to take decisive action. That's very feminine.

>She didn't say anything so I asked again if she wanted me to stay. Again she just asked what I wanted to do so I said I don't know.
Too much asking again. You also already said what you wanted to do though, "I want to stay and fight for what we had" so you shouldn't have said, "I don't know" when you know what you want to do.

>She said she didn't want me walking home and went to bed. What do I do? Get into bed with her? Walk home? Please help
Wake her up and sort this shit out.

Good luck, but it may be too late to salvage this one. In the future though, don't do the asking thing. Follow your instincts, follow your gut, and just do it and take decisive action based on what you feel that you should do. You have instincts for a reason and they're usually right. You said you want to stay and fight for the relationship, so just do it. You know what you want to do as well, we all know what we want to do in any given situation if we're honest with ourselves and don't let anxiety cloud our judgement, so just trust your gut and do it.
>>
>>35635576
First of all, go to fucking /adv/. You just just invade the thread of a pussy like you with a non fitness related shit. At least make your own thread, so I can report and hide it.

>>35635406
You are a newbie for sure and will regret so hard the money you spended in this shit. Go to a proper gym and after 2 or 3 years lifting you can think about home gym again.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.