[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any body here do ice baths? I just got into it as a way to treat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Ice bath.jpg (34 KB, 420x505) Image search: [Google]
Ice bath.jpg
34 KB, 420x505
Any body here do ice baths?

I just got into it as a way to treat a couple joint and muscle injuries. But it seems like a good practice overall, even when you are healthy.

Thoughts?
>>
why does it seem like good practice to you?
do you even know what you're doing when you submerge yourself in ice?
>>
>>35633172
10 minute showers at 65 degrees F. All the benefits, none of the cost of acquiring ice.
>>
>>35633194

For whatever reason it really eases the pain and swelling after workouts. its supposed to quickly reduce lactic acid and speed muscle recovery. And it stimulates bloodflow.

IDK if im an expert.

I just fill the tub with cold water and a few bowls of ice. Then I get in and try to submerge to the neck. I'm only able to do 3 or 4 minutes, but I hear 10 is ideal.
>>
>>35633172
Did it on a holiday one time when reaching some milestones, don't know how well it worked but I didn't feel DOMS as badly the next day
>>
>>35633473
> a few bowls of ice
Fuck, i filled it with hose water and 10 (chlorine tub sized) buckets of ice
Generally youre meant to readjust to room temp then go in a spa or warm bath after to get the blood flowing to further help with muscle recover
>>
>>35633585

yeah thanks.

I just jumped in a hot shower after, but I guess I should stand in room temperature for like 5 min first?
>>
>>35633172
Are you retarded? Try living in Canada. The wamth is your friend my friend.
>>
>>35633615
Yeah, thats what athletes and sportpeople suggest, which makes sense so as not to shock your muscles by freezing them and then sending a heat wave to them
>>
>>35633640

> lives in Canada
> Calls ME the retard
>>
>>35633172
Professional athlete here.

It's painful but you get used to them. It seriously helps recovery time.
>>
>>35633911
Professional bowler I bet
>>
Past couple months I've been taking ONLY cold water showers

They're great, wakes me the fuck up for lectures
>>
>>35633966
Close, soccer....

And yes I said Soccer so you know I'm not Messi...
>>
HGH speeds recovery as well.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (422 KB, 1482x1224) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
422 KB, 1482x1224
>>35633172
Feels good after a sauna. Wouldn't do it sober tho
>>
>>35633995
I hope youre not a socceroos player...
>>
>>35634010
Oh hey Peyton. Good luck Sunday :^).
>>
>>35634030
Nah I'm US and not famous at all.
>>
>>35634068
k good haha, being australian makes me assume everyone is australian
Whats your name 'murican boi?
>>
>>35634027
thank mr skeltal
>>
>>35634091
Charles Wunderman
>>
>>35634112
>>35628630
>>
>>35634127
>Charles Wunderman
google images tells me this is you, correct?
>>
>>35634091
Haha ain't sayin, work wouldn't like that I hang out on a chinese cartoon msg board.

And jesus christ if the press got word of any athlete hanging out on a board with "cheating fraud" threads...
>>
>>35634175
"It was some anonymous guy using my name, so what"
Do it anon, be cool,everybody's doin it mang, dont be a pussy
>>
I don't do ice baths, but do contrast showers, 3 mins as hot as possible then 1 min all the way to cold, repeat 3-4 times. It does seem to help my recovery. I've also noticed that the cold doesn't seem so cold anymore.
>>
>>35633212
>cost of acquiring ice.
>>
>>35635671
kek'd
>>
>>35633966
Professional blower I bet am I right
>>
I go to sauna and then I take cold showers.Or just go outside and lay on the snow, it's like -20 to -30 celsius degrees here atm so it's pretty horrible desu but gotta do what it takes, come on.
>>
>>35636155
where is "here"?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.