[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what kind of deoderant do you use, fit? I personally hate using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 450.jpg (42 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
450.jpg
42 KB, 450x450
what kind of deoderant do you use, fit?

I personally hate using anti persperant because breast cancer, but as a semi-productive member of society, it's sometimes necessary. I fell for the axe dry spray meme and its pretty gud, but makes me smell like a teenager.

>only somewhat fit related
>>
Schmidts natural deodorant Works pretty well for me, unless it's midsummer and I'm running around outside
>>
Smells really good
>>
I use the Gillette gel shit. Needs a minute to dry and doesn't have a smell, it just blocks your smell
>>
File: 51WTeI5iulL.jpg (42 KB, 458x800) Image search: [Google]
51WTeI5iulL.jpg
42 KB, 458x800
>>35631568
>axe
Are you like 12 years old?

Im currently using pic related, its kinda ok
>>
Old spice. Really people may give you shit for axe, but women love it. It's cheap, mass produced, and made to smell good to women.

Cologne I use chrome. Women love it.

I have worn axe on occasions and women always say I smell good when I do. If I tell them it is axe they immediately backpedal and say I smell bad. Women are so concerned over stupid shit. Whatever.
>>
> Allergic reaction to most deaderants I've tried
> Have to use Anti Persperient though I hate it
> Unwilling to special order expensive shit
Is there any alternative I can buy from Target or something?
>>
>>35634444
lemon+sodium bicarbonate
>>
>>35634482
What the fuck is that? Give me the name of a product, not some random hollistic bullshit
>>
>>35631568
I rarely use anti-perspirant unless I'm getting dressed up. Plus they fuck up t shirts after a while.
Never heard this about breast cancer, got a link?

For regular deodorant I'll use
Right Guard
Axe
Old Spice
>>
Antiperspirant is the modern day asbestos. There are already preliminary studies linking aluminum to Alzheimer's, so I stay away from ones with that as an active ingredient. In a few years we'll look back and wonder how we could be so stupid.

Baby powder works just fine.
>>
>>35631568
Normally I just use Right Guard, it works the best and lasts the longest for me
>>
Dove Men+Care along with Axe dry spray makes me feel fresh
>>
>used all kinds of antiperspirants
>still sweat like a hooker in church when I'm in public
H-hold me.
>>
I just use Apple Cider Vinegar. It neutralizes armpit odor
>>
>>35634382
You'd be surprised. I use Axe and regularly get told that I smell good.
As long as you don't overdo it (the key) it's a fine everyday scent.
>>
>>35635081
I've heard a lot of good things about ACV, and became my miracle cure for awful warts many years back when nothing else would work, so this wouldn't surprise me. Does it leave any sort of scent? How do you apply it?
>>
>>35634976
Can confirm, I actually believe that all other anti-perps are scams because this is the only one that works for me.
>>
>>35635124
>Does it leave any sort of scent?
An old housemate of mine swore by acv. He used it in several ways daily. The entire house had this sharp stinging stench to it all year round. Not saying it doesn't work, but it's something to keep in mind.
>>
>>35635143
>>35635143

This. Dab just a bit or dilute it with water if you have to. Just don't go overboard
>>
>>35634444
>>35634527
Any Crystal deodorant like deo-nat or such. They don't stop you sweating, they just control the bacteria that causes your sweat to stink.
>>
Please god stop wearing Axe. Everybody over the age of 16 hates the smell, I don't care if the girls at your work say they like it, god you guys must be kidding.

There's an old phrase, "don't smell like anything that costs less than ten dollars".

Mitchum Unscented for deodorant, Rochas Man for cologne in the Winter, currently looking for a new Summer scent.

Seriously stop wearing Axe/Old Spice/just stop smelling like a mass produced product. People will remember you more if you have a unique scent.
>>
>>35635067
Wear linen clothes if you need to dress up and sweat wicking micofibre polyester if you don't.

Running shorts with built in net underwear are top tier in summer, good for test too.
>>
Does /fit/ wear cologne every day or just for special events?
>>
>>35635215
I'll give the linen clothes a try. I only excessively sweat from my underarms in public though.
>>
>>35635234
Every day.
>>
File: NOW-08012-4.jpg (104 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
NOW-08012-4.jpg
104 KB, 1600x1600
Only the best. You only need apply it every three days.
>>
>>35635243
I generally sweat on my back first.
>it's the worst, tfw hairy Irish back genetics
>>
>>35635264
Explain please. I like the 0% aluminum.
>>
>>35635308
Google it.
>>
>Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.

source: http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_myths_about_alzheimers.asp
>>
>>35635342
B-b-b-but muh unknown longterm effects!
>>
>>35635342
What about the yellow stain attributed to antiperspirants in the armpits of shirts over a long period of time?
>>
>>35635372
results inconclusive further research is required
>>
>>35635372
That's why I switched to gel deodorants. Funny enough I sweat way less than I did with antiperspirants.

I don't get huge puddles from doing nothing like I did with antis.
>>
How come there are some shirts I own that no matter how cold out it is/how little I move, my armpits are always sweaty by the end of the day? It's only with some of my shirts, but enough of them for me to notice it happening.
>>
>>35635538
The colour and material of the shirt.
>>
I used to use right guard power strip but no matter how small amount I put on, it always would stain my shirts
>>
>>35634387
>but women love it
I have quite a lot of female friends who complain about the smell of Axe.

Though that might have to do with faggots using too much of it I suppose.
>>
>>35632949
I use the default Old Spice Fresh. Smells fucking great.
>>
Just discovered the dry sprays. Don't now how I ever lived without them. Currently using dove men care. Can't even tell I have anything on if you look at my skin and it leaves nothing on my shirt. Great stuff.
>>
>>35635067
Women's secret extra strength anti perspirant. Best friend has to wear it, the strongest on the market. I think he gets unscented as to not smell like a chick
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.