[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>switched from wide grip pullups to close grip chins >lats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Feels-Good-Man-Frog-06.png (110 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
Feels-Good-Man-Frog-06.png
110 KB, 330x270
>switched from wide grip pullups to close grip chins
>lats on fire
>>
>>35627094
I thought wide grips hit lats harder (since theyre more difficult with grip spacing)?
>>
>>35627106
they hit the upper back harder, but the lat rom is smaller and thus it hits lats less. With a narrow grip the rom is greater
>>
Same here. I was reading a thread a couple weeks ago about chin-ups vs pull-ups. I've been doing wide grip pull-ups for 2 years and switched to weighted chins and started getting DOMS in my arms and lats for the first time in a while.
>>
>>35627106
No, the wider the grip, the more it'll hit the traps (in addition to lats). Yates himself has written a article on this.
>>
>>35627121
>>35627132
Shit. That explains why i have a meaty upper back (rear of traps) but lats are lagging. Thx bros
>>
I do both wide grip pull ups and close grip chin ups in equal amounts. What does this mean?
>>
>>35627168
Btw, this also true for OHP. The wider grip, the more on traps; the narrower the grip, more on deltoids.

On bench press, this you go like wider/narrower -- pecs/triceps'n'delts.
>>
>>35627197
You probably enjoy that fence post stimulating your prostate. Pick a side, fuccboi
>>
>>35627226
wider grip on ohp -> more side deltoid
closer grip on ohp -> more front delt
>>
>tfw still can't do pullups but getting close
>>
>>35627227

>Implying anyone on /fit/ doesn't like prostrate simulation
>Telling someone on /fit/ to pick a side

You must be new here. Welcome to /fit/. No homo.
>>
>>35627277
you will make it bruh, it was the same for me not a long time ago
>>
>>35627197
I recently switched to doing both as well. Getting that back thickness on fleek.
>>
File: 1436567808160.jpg (48 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
1436567808160.jpg
48 KB, 458x390
>>35627277
I used to share the same feel, but now I'm just as insecure about
>tfw can't do 2pl8 pull up
>>
What does neutral grip hit?
>>
>>35627346
the calves
>>
narrow grip chins are godtier
>>
I did weighted chins for awhile, now switched to weighted pull ups while cutting. Wish I had done it backwards, I'll be able to progress a little while at least still.

These are hand down the best back exercise and the only one I do. Things like bent over rows and lat pull downs are useless.

Best back excerises - weighted chins/pull ups/deadlifts - hyper extensions/seated cable rows, These are more of a rehab thing though I feel.

I also get more or less the same soreness from both weighted pull/chin. It's just a weighted chin is more compact and uses biceps. If you look at yourself in the mirror or someone doing a pull up you'll notice how much more impressive it is, just be good at all grips and your back will be golden.
>>
>>35627449
This desu. All you other anons should listen to this guy, he's right.
>>
>>35627323
I'm 150 and can do 2Lmao pull-ups for reps. Stop being a bitch
>>
>>35627346

your arms will break
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.