[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does flux really remove all blue lights?Of course this is considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: flux.jpg (4 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
flux.jpg
4 KB, 204x204
Does flux really remove all blue lights?Of course this is considering you use 1200k or darkroom mode because i doubt higher than that does anything.
>>
>>35626853
It does remove blue lights, reduce a lot, but to a certain point. If you had a shitty monitor (or worse, laptop screen), it will always have a blue cast. Solution: buy a good IPS panel monitor, it's well worth the investment.
>>
>>35626889
this
I got a HDMI splitter to my TV and I have to turn it off to watch anything on it, on my IPS monitor everything looks fine
>>
>>35626889
Is there a way to tell if my monitor casts blue lights because i tried look at diffrent angles and even turned off the light but could not see any.Also with lights turn off it looks really relaxing.
>>
>>35626853
I use flux on my desktop, it works really well on my IPS monitor. On my android phone I use Twilight, it's similar to flux but requires some tinkering (I don't think the filter is strong enough so I bump the settings up a bit). These filters definitely help me sleep better and at a more normal time.
>>
the 'science' behind f.lux is poorly researched. no substantial proof that it actually does what it claims.
>>
>>35627035
it's much easier on the eyes
I don't care if theres actual science behind it
>>
>>35627035
Is going to be included in the next ios update by default so I guess it got some merit
>>
>>35626948
It is kind of tricky if you aren't used to paying attention to it, but you can try this. Get a sheet of paper with some b/w text or image in it, and open some b/w image and a text on you pc. Put the two side by side, and lower the luminosity on the screen to the minimum, then increase it to the max. If you see some kind of color "tint" in the image on the monitor compared to the paper, then the monitor has a strong color cast.

>>35627035
>no substantial proof that it actually does what it claims

I used to work processing photographs and films, both for printing and for archiving. It is very well know on the metier that every monitor has a color cast and that it disturbs the actual light perception. Also, that blue light is way way stronger than "warm" light; the wavelenght of blue light are half or lower of that of warm light; so the frequency are double or higher (really basic physics).
>>
So what is the best amount? i am using 2700 and its kinda too dark
>>
>>35627189
I'm using 3400K
>>
>>35627189
>So what is the best amount?
Obviously 1200k
>>
I'm using 3400k on my laptop. It doesn't let me go any lower.
>>
File: 1451403818714.jpg (107 KB, 640x811) Image search: [Google]
1451403818714.jpg
107 KB, 640x811
Blue lights gave me insan dark circles.

Do you think using 1200k will help? I plan on using it permanently, not only at night. I'm already using sunglasses when I use the PC.
>>
>>35627035
If you actually use it, you'll find that switching in the middle of the night from the flux modified and normal screen modes is quite jarring, to the point that the normal screen mode is almost painful.

Of course, if any normies look at your screen they'll always ask why it's so orange but reeee fuck normies
>>
>>35627328
you can lower this value if you turn off safe mode or something
>>
>>35627035
Lol you literally just pulled that out of your ass. There is plenty of research on the effect of blue light on circadian rhythm. It's a very well documented phenomenon.
>>
>>35627035
whatever, I use it and it works
>>
I don't know about circadian rhythms and all that, but the softening effect is really good at night so I'm not staring at the equivalent of the sun

That goes ditto in the mornings too

I also find that it's easier to fall asleep and feel tired when f.lux is operating, so I leave f.lux off when I'm working late at night but turn it on when I'm just fucking around
>>
File: 1441054680028.gif (19 KB, 153x200) Image search: [Google]
1441054680028.gif
19 KB, 153x200
>>35627035
huuurrrr guys I need substantial proof for everything I do, as I have no way to experience anything for myself.
>>
>>35627652
Pls respond
>>
>>35628443
I think it would.What i will do from now on is disabling flux till it starts to get dark because you need the lights and dont get used to always being in dark then i start it at 1200k and 1hour before sleep i set it to darkroom mode.
>>
Don't get le wrong, I like this thread but why is it on /fit/?
>>
>>35628606
Jesus christ, just tried Darkroom mode.

What does it achieve? It fuckins burns my eyes.
>>
>>35629064
Because f.lux increases your fitness levels(removing blue lights for bettre sleep,not damaging your eyes etc.)
>>35629077
Its should be the opposite.The problem is that youre used to the bright blue lights.But if you already was on 1200k it should not be problem and also after a few hours you will see how your eyes are not that tired like before using it were.
>>
>>35626853
never every a day without flux on my pc.
One of the best tools.
>>
>>35627328
Lower faggot!
>>
/fit/ everyone
>>
Dark room mode is godly
>>
>>35626853

Flux is great, but you know what's even better?

Twilight for Android.
>>
>>35629280
Just switched to 1200k masterrace
>>
>>35627652
dont use it permanently

the whole point of eliminating blue lights is to not fuck your circadian rythym at night since naturally there shouldnt be any blue lights at that time

but blue lights should be there during the day, or else you would be promoting sleep during the day which also would fuck your shit up
>>
Just downloaded F.lux. Where do you guys set it? The default setting is way too orange for me.

Maybe it will be different at night time tha during the day. Sunset should be in about 3 hours where I live so maybe the orangeness won't be so bad then.
>>
>>35629391
>>35629064

eye fitness
>>
>>35629064
The rules say threads have to be related to health or fitness.

Eye care is a part of health.
>>
>>35627035
your post is fedora as fuck
>>
I've been using Flux for over 5 years now.

I can't believe this is free!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.