[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
See, I'm studying 12-13 hours per day. I really don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: nohomo.jpg (38 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
nohomo.jpg
38 KB, 500x332
See, I'm studying 12-13 hours per day. I really don't have time nor money to go to the gym, but what I do have is a boxing bag (used to do muay thai) and a pull up bar. Now the question is, would this routine help me at least a little bit? Of course while dieting aswell.
-Push ups
-Squats
-Sit Ups
-Pull Ups / Chin Ups
-Do at least 5-6 rounds of heavy bag workout.
-Go for a run twice a week.
>>
>>35622727
Fuck you motherfucker studying is for pussies go get a job and go to the gym
>>
>>35622727
Help with what?

Generally, any kind of physical activity within measure and good form is beneficial for your health.
>>
>>35622741
But would I be getting any form of gains? Or It's impossible without weights.
>>
non weighted pull ups squats and sit ups will do next to nothing.
>>
>>35622763
Eventually when I'm done with studying I'll look into getting some free weights at home, but right now I don't have the money. But is there any way to do something at home?
>>
>>35622780
ya lose weight and get abs, but you won't have gains.
>>
>>35622757
You'd become ottermode
>>
>>35622757
Of course you'll get some gains, but it'll possibly be somewhat frustrating. Depends on your current status as well.
>>
Anon, why are you studying this much? What country? Did you build up to it? 5 hours of study a day for HSC master race
>HSC is Australian NSW equivalent of a GPA
>inb4 under aged. I'm 18
>>
>>35622727
>I'm studying 12-13 hours per day
That sounds inefficient.
>>
>>35622941
>>35622900
Got a very difficult test in june, It's for a scholarship. Fully paid undergrad in Japan, only 1 spot for the scholarship. I want to ensure it, also it's spread out throughout the day and have at least 1 hour of rest inbetween each session. I live in Paraguay and I want a better education, trying to go to tokyo university and get an engineering degree.
/blog
>>
>>35622955
What time splits do you have for the study sessions?
>>
>>35622970
7-11, 12-16, 17-21
Also japanese before I go to bed at 1 am.
Would be doing my workout in any of the hours I rest on.
My week kinda looks like:
Math- Physics- Math- Chem- Math - Physics -Chem
>>
>>35622994
Yeah nah man you have no time and you need sleep to retain all your shit. Just stick it out, make certain you get the spot, then shit will calm down and you can actually focus
>>
>>35622994
Osusume some animu and japanese TV for more conversational japanese. Source: live in tokyo
>>
File: bottlegirlneverforget.jpg (271 KB, 960x1187) Image search: [Google]
bottlegirlneverforget.jpg
271 KB, 960x1187
>>35623017
Hey, thanks a lot. Least I can do is some pull ups, push ups, squats and sit-ups so I don't go crazy. I can't just be studying all day without doing anything or else I'll become a fat piece of shit. I'll try to eat well too.
>>35623028
You do? I'm trying to decide between tokyo and kyoto (well if I do get the scholarship at least) Tokyo has more prestige to it but kyoto has a more relaxing enviroment. Also I just study by myself, learning vocab and kanji everyday. Maybe I should try watching japanese shows on my free time to enhance my listening.

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. Hope you all have a nice day.
>>
>>35623054
Who is bottle girl and why should I never forget
>>
>>35622994
Fuck everything about chemistry
Thanks for triggering my pchem PTSD
>>
>>35623054
There's some stuff that you don't learn through academic sources. Like odd phrases and weird grammatical things which are common but not "correct". For example I doubt you're going to run across JK or "mecha yabakunei". Another weird thing is using the subject at the end of the sentence in conversation. "zenzen wakanai, ore wa".

I'd do it in kana but can't be fucked, I'm sure you get the gist anyway.
>>
>>35622727
if you're a biginner than yes a little bit but you can make it harder by using only one hand/leg or use stones as weight be creative also eat enough and give muscles time (3-4 DAYS) to rest
>>
>>35622994
Mfw I spend 2 hours a day studying math and physics and it already feels like hell.

How are you studying 13 hours a day? How long have you been doing this? Do you take nootropics or addy?

Even my MIT buddy doesn't study that much and he's the legitimate autist type. Back in HS, he told me he studied 5-6 hours a day for 3 years for the SAT. I went to his house and he literally had huge stacks of SAT review books completely filled out.

How did ya do it while staying focused? I have to space my entertainment and studying, or I feel like I'll go insane.
>>
>>35622727
Education is important but your gains are importanter
>>
>>35623141
I got it, thanks
>>35623353
I am going kind of insane, I just overdose on coffee. Also I created a new account on windows that has all webpages but google and study stuff blocked. Only my books pdf's and necessary programs.

I study this much because the test is on june, your friend studied 5-6 hours per day because he had 3 years. I'll only be studying this much until june, then I'll relax until I get the scholarship and go study in Japan. I'll prob only study 2-3 hours per day while I'm there.

Yeah, its tough but there's only 1 spot for the scholarship like I said and I want to ensure I get it. I don't want to study in my shitty country, I want a better education.
>>
>>35623381
Damn, this really puts everything into perspective. You're legitimately studying hard and striving your best to obtain a better education and hopefully achieve better living conditions than your parents.

Here I am, failed my classes because I couldn't be assed to even put in 10 minutes of work a day.

Godspeed man, you probably won't need luck to get that final spot. Looks like only hardship and desperation can temper a man and push him to achieve greater heights

Stay strong m8
>>
>>35622727
>studying 12-13 hours per day
If you're studying that much (you fucking aren't, my friends in med school study less), you are going to a university which has a gym. Use it. Also stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>35623495
Anon, I suggest reading the thread before commenting.
>>
>>35623495
Why isn't he? I'm at uni for 8 hours a day and have 4 hours of travel time where I study on the train. Why couldn't he be doing the same or similar?

Most uni courses recommend 1 hour of self-study for every 1 hour of contact time anyway. 12-13 hours per day would only be 6 hour days.
>>
An hour of exercise will result in increased efficiency and energy, and will definitely pay for itself in terms of productivity

go to a gym you spaz
>>
>>35622727

Lmao 12 hours of studying a day. What the fuck is wrong with you? You probably just sit at your computer with a textbook open next to you for 12 hours a day.
>>
>>35622994
STEM
T
E
M

I'm a physics student and even I know that shit is gay.

(Maths isn't though senpai.)
>>
Damn OP I respect you
>>
>>35622780
Yes you fuck.

Go over the bodyweight general on /asp/

You can make a decent amount of progress without weights (except for legs)

Go to fitloop.co
Go to reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness
Go to startbodyweight.com

Godspeed anon. You can make it
>>
>>35622727
>studying 12-13 hours per day
>shitter public college
>b.a. in turf management
>>
>>35622727
I like how you give an excuse immediately. Like fitness is going to be easier because it understands your situation.

I work 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. I run twice a day, and have basic at home routine I use to keep active and limber. On top of the gym.
You have no excuse that will make it any easier. Time in = results
>>
>>35623645
Bless you friend, I hope you have a nice day.
>>35623578
Math masterrace desu senpai
>>35623610
Thanks anon, I respect you aswell.
>>35623676
I really can't afford it for now, gyms are really expensive in my shitty country + I'm poor and right now I really have very little time avaiable,. But studying takes a lot of energy aswell, I understand it sounds like an excuse.
>>
>>35623693
Calisthenic kingz, bar starz, bar brothers, etc, etc, etc.

Overcoming gravity
>>
>>35622727
Dude you can do heaps.
You can work your chest with different types of push ups and work triceps with dips and triangle push ups. You can do dips with two chairs or a chair and a couch.

I would say do as much Muay Thai as possible because that's an amazing skill to have.

One day work chest and tri's
Another day work and and shoulders (if you can get a dumbbell)
Last day work back and biceps on pull up bar.
Rest day, repeat.

You will definitely grow. Eat those proteins carbs and fats and you will grow.
>>
>>35623796
Abs and shoulders*
>>
>>35623693
hey man i am a real asian living in asia and i want to wish you the best in your important exam. Don't care about weights and all that bs now, just do freehand exercises. It's the most affordable and best choice for you now. They will stay with you forever. Good luck.
>>
>>35622727
How do i force myself to study for 12hrs?
Please share your tips and valueble lessons.

Also you can follow progression like in pic related. However some progressions are not too interesting milestones eg 1 arm pushup, i rather achieve 50 diamond pushups. Some like handstand pushups and 1 legged squat.

Then again it depends on your goals. I heard cardio give the most cognitive benefits, but i think you should google that. Also look into c25k.
>>
File: 1451189092290.jpg (922 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
1451189092290.jpg
922 KB, 1562x4158
>>35624402
Forgot pic
>>
>>35622727
Don't listen to "dudebros" in here
Pull up bar is the most efficient form of getting a good body
I'll give you a good routine man:
A day:
10 reps – diamond push up
10 reps – classic push up
10 reps – wide push up
10 reps – wide push up (hands out)
Ťhats a set. You should do it five times.
Good for your chest
B day:
Do chin ups and pull ups.
I can't give you a specific routine on this one, since they are bit harder.
You should find what your max reps are, and repeat them about 4-5 times, if you can.

Do your boxing on this day as well
C day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKCVCZe474
This is really good for beginners.
Do it after 45 minutes of running.

And Sunday should be your rest day.
In conclusion
ABCABCx

You'll get shredded in no time, just adjust your reps and sets from time to time. Or add weight.
(Note: Guys here are fucking idiots, don't listen to the word they say. You won't become ottermode, you'll get pretty fucking big doing that.
My friend only uses pull up bar for two years, and his biceps are the size of a grapefruit, his back is flying squirrel mode, and he almost has an eight pack. Better than any of these fuckers.
>>
>>35623676
You know 8 hours is 4-5 less hours than 12-13 hours so you're much less busy than him, you uppity cunt
There's always one of you in these threads who like to act like they have it all figured out and everyone else is a headless chicken
>>
>>35622727
Get a durable cloth bag, and throw your textbooks in it. Hold the handle, and use it as a dumbell. Between that and the pullup bar, you can hit most of your body, but your leg strength will lag behind.
>>
File: 1422975685502.jpg (46 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
1422975685502.jpg
46 KB, 398x409
>comp sci student
>3 days for 4 hours in uni per week
>mfw studying 0 hours per day at home
>>
>>35623121

Seconded
>>
>>35622994
are you on aderall m8
>>
>>35622727
http://www.fitloop.co
>>
>>35622757
The biggest (natty) guy I know only does calisthenics. It's just more work to find the right progression and build a decent routine
>>
>>35622757
>>35628909
pic related
>>
>>35622727
All that study and you are still retarded, stay DYEL.
>>
File: 1451182950621.jpg (24 KB, 390x385) Image search: [Google]
1451182950621.jpg
24 KB, 390x385
>>35628946
>>35623849
>>35626299
>>35625159
Thanks a lot guys! I Appreciate it.

>>35624402
Like I said, overdose on coffee. Take vitamin and fish oil supplements, oh and create a new profile in your computer that has chrome with every webpage blocked but google and your sources. And a bunch of your books pdf's, oh and setup a schedule. I have a whiteboard right beside me with my schedule, with time and everything. Try to do that, oh and also have motivation. If you don't have a motivation you will fail. I wish you the best and accomplish your goals!
>>
>>35622955
If you have that much workethic you can get a scholarship just about anywhere. I'm at a 10 ten uni for physics and I only study 1-3 hours a day.
>>
>>35622955
come to germany. university is basically free (up to 1200euro a year, but free transit and lots of other discounts)
>>
>>35630298
source?
>>
>>35630468
1200 euro a year? only in shitty private unis, public ones are free and have a better reputation, especially for engineering.
I paid 42,50 per semester and at least in my state, Bavaria, it's not higher than 50 euro anywhere,
Studying in germany is also really easy for foreigners, look into that OP.
>>
>>35630609
I spoke out of ignorance. Please foregive me
>>
>>35630646
>forgive
>>
>>35622727
Gym cost 20 dollars where I live, 10 if you want planet fitness. Just stfu
>>
>>35630671
read the thread
>>
>>35630646
it's aight mate
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.