[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT: Old one at 300 Usually my penis is a grower, but whenever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 24
QTDDTOT: Old one at 300

Usually my penis is a grower, but whenever I take creatine and drink a lot of water, it is much larger when flaccid. Is the hydration or the creatine causing the penile gains

>inb4 post pics
>>
Creatine makes your dick bigger?

Good meme fag
>>
Does anybody have that picture of a guy's homegym that has TayTay posters all over the walls?
>>
Because I am currently rigged to a machine that measures how much force my body is outputting every 60 seconds. If this amount drops below 240 pounds for whatever reason, a small but oddly shaped butternut squash is pressed firmly against my ballsack. The texture of the squash's outer skin arouses me. However, if I acheive a full erection, my penis will raise, thus tripping a system of wires connected to a priceless 17th century Braussan centerpiece. If the wires are activated, they will cause the centerpiece to fall from its pedestial, shattering against the cave floor. When the centerpiece is shattered, the bees contained within will be released, likely stinging a large portion of my body. As I am allergic to bees, the resulting hospital bill will leave me financially troubled, as I have no health insurance.

So my question is, do crabs think fish can fly?
>>
>>35622255
Trying too hard
>>
Could I hit 1OHP/2bench/3squat/4diddies in my first year of lifting? Been on SS since december and progress has been delayed by my poor diet.

Earlier I dreamt of starting a cut on March to look good come July but it's looking to me like I'm just going to have to clean bulk if I want to get those plates on the bar faster. highbar fag too
>>
>>35623068
yes but you'll have to work hard and eat like a king. You can do it bro.

I always lose my motivation when winter begins and lose a lot of gains, so I've never been able to hit those numbers. This year it's going to be different though.
>>
I recently hit 60kg bench but i can only squat about 65, also every time i try to do deadlift at about 80kg my back always rounds so i cant progress
I dont think i am lowbar squatting but am actually doing the high bar, but i dont know how to actually do it correctly no matter how many videos i watch (I cant put the bar any lower and every time i do it feels like my arms are holding it all and it hurts)
I also keep feeling like i am about to fall over when i am standing back up and i actually did fall recently, i also think my hips raise faster than my back/head but i believe only at the beginning of standing up
>>
How is Steve Cook's Big Man On Campus programme? Has anyone checked it out before?
>>
is it poor etiquette to OHP in the squat rack?
>>
Is it normal for some of my joints to "click" / feel like a vein/artery/something is being slushed around?

If I'm sitting at my desk and I do a leg extension with my right leg and hold a finger against the patella I can feel something being moved around forcefully.

If I do a skull crusher and my arms aren't tucked, my right shoulder clicks and it feels like I'm pinching a nerve.

Anything I can do to stop these?
>>
My on protien powder seal for protection is open should i still have it?
>>
>>35623640
Sucks ass, if you're new to lifting. Start SS or 4 day upper lower split
>>
>>35623719
No
>>
I've been doing SS for three months now, my stats are

40kgs OHP
50kg Bench
70kg Squat
60kg Power Clean
100kg deadlift

Now, to the question, i'm 6'4 and 108kgs and trying to cut. However I want to ride the linear progression as long as I can. If I cut some more and then exercise at my stalled weight, if I then increase my intake would I start making strength gains again? I haven't stalled yet, but I want to plan for the future.
>>
>>35624206
just keep cutting until you seriously stall, on everything, not just you aren't increasing weight every workout on your squats

at 6'4, assuming you're going for strength and being lean at the same time, you'd probably want to your goal weight to be like 95kg
>>
Does the order in which I do my workout matter?
>>
>>35624236
Yeah you have to follow the order 66
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 640x1136
I'm trying to get into tinder since I'm a 20 yo virgin

Is this a decent pic? I wasn't sure who else I'd ask, pls no ban janny.
>>
>>35624236
depends on the program and the goal
>>
>>35624247
Trolling?
Never EVER use a selfie on tinder. Get a bro to take a picture of you lifting, a good one, another one with you enjoying yourself doing a hobby, another one in a group of friends smiling. This photo is shit, sorry bud.
>>
Been lifting for over a year and recently found out ive been highbar squatting with far too much buttwink. When i research it theres alot of conflicting information about how to fix it and/or wether it fixable at all. I already own lifting shoes but they barely help, and even when i increase the heel plateau i still experience buttwink (this regarding ankle mobility). I experience a bit of pain in the muscle that lies over the place where the legg connects with the body, on the front, when i squat. I dont know if my length has got to do with it, but im a very tall person. Anyone got tips/tricks/cues on how to fix this problem?
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 700x700
>>35624268
That's what I figured. Time to find some friends, or someone to take my photo at least
>>
>>35624282
restart your squatting with 50% of your ORM. Look online at form videos and take a video of yourself to post in /wlg/ so they can critique your form.
>>
>>35624268
Can you take photos with a self timer? It will look like a friend took it
>>
>>35624293
You're a fairly good looking guy so I'm just gonna assume you're autismo. Choose something you would like to do and go and fucking do it and try your best to meet new people through it. If you don't have a job get one, and make friends through work. You'll be ok bud, we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>35624305
I want to get into filmmaking as a hobby, so I'll try that, and I should get a job. Thanks man. I really needed this post.
>>
I crash dieted about 3 years ago (bad, I know) from 190lbs to 150 (I'm a 5'9" manlet). Then I started bodyweights and went back up to 170. I did the low calorie thing again and got down to 160 range.

I'm currently counting calories, and alternating between HIIT and Start Bodyweight 6 days a week. I'm eating high protein and keeping carbs down. I feel fine eating at 1400 calories and lower, though my TDEE is supposed to be around 2600.

My question: should I be forcing myself to up my calories to just a 500 calorie deficit, given that my primary goal is fast loss, or keep my calorie intake as low as I feel comfortable with?
>>
What clothing should I wear when running outside in thirty degree weather that won't hamper my legs and shit? Don't have access to a treadmill right now and I need to work on cardio before I ship for basic.
>>
>>35624295
Thanks for your response. I kind of figured this, thing is my buttwink without weight or with max.is just about as bad. But this still might be a good approach i figure, its hard to tell whats wrong without a video
>>
How do you stave off hunger during a cut?

I can eat 1 chicken breast with a kilogram of broccoli and still feel peckish.
>>
>>35624206
I will give you some serious advice I have experienced first hand over the last couple weeks.

I am 6'2 103 kg.
60g OHP x8
110kg bench x7

Dont diddly or squat due to back injury but prior ti injury many years ago I had a 4 plate diddly and squat.

I have been eating whatever I want really for the last year but I wanted to lose a good 10kg or so.

I changed my diet to eat the meme of oats in morning, premade my chicken, rice and veggies and just ate whatever my girlfriend wanted for dinner.

I am down to 100kg since I changed 2 weeks ago, my lifts have either stayed the same or gone up including accessories.

Muscles much more visible.

Just eat better and you will be fine. The meme foods they promote here actually work.
>>
File: 1451729714772.png (321 KB, 924x856) Image search: [Google]
1451729714772.png
321 KB, 924x856
I bought a tub of 100% creatine monohydrate.

Does this help as a preworkout at all?
>>
>>35624581
No. Timing is irrelevant to creatine's effectiveness. You just need to make sure you maintain your elevated levels of it.
Unless you're talking about the EC stack, in which case, yeah. Stimulants help many people.
>>
>>35624596
Ok another question.

When you take creatine. Say I am taking 3 grams twice a day.

Once I stop taking it, will the creatine gains be lost?
>>
>>35624603
plz respond. I know nothing about creatine other then to take it.
>>
>>35624437
If you want to be covered then running tights are good. Running sweats are a little more loose but still hug the legs.
>>
>>35624227
>>35624537

Thanks guys, really appreciated! :)
>>
>>35624467
Have three cups of green tea as dessert. If you don't like green tea, black coffee is your friend.
>>
>>35624603
>Once I stop taking it, will the creatine gains be lost?
No. The gains are yours to keep. Although you MAY experience a slight decline in performance.

Also, do not ever buy a supplement without researching it first, you goddamn moron. Go to examine.com if you have questions about supplements.
>>
goddamn shill thread if i ever saw one
>>
File: tumblr_nn6i9w4PBb1qksk74o1_400.gif (567 KB, 300x456) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn6i9w4PBb1qksk74o1_400.gif
567 KB, 300x456
>>35624792
>Also, do not ever buy a supplement without researching it first, you goddamn moron.

But then I can't be /mischievous/
>>
File: 1356902538068.jpg (445 KB, 1280x1973) Image search: [Google]
1356902538068.jpg
445 KB, 1280x1973
>>35624748
post pics?
>>
>>35624268

Don't use fucking gym pics on Tinder.

Well, let me expand, unless you're only interested in sl00t slaying then go ahead. The quality of matches you'll get will be shitty, but if you jusy want a meat sack to empty your balls into then it doesn't matter.

Cute baby animal pictures > hobby pictures >travelling pictures > gym stuff
>>
>>35622220
I'm 5'6, 138 lbs and 17% bf.

I want to have muh abs this summer

Should I keep bulking extremely lean until march and then cut? Will I have enough time in 3 months to go from 17% to 11% ?

Or should I just start cutting already and when I arrive to 11% bf start with the lean bulk without losing abs¿

>first world problems
>>
File: bryant.png (25 KB, 166x113) Image search: [Google]
bryant.png
25 KB, 166x113
>>35624913
>using tinder for anything else than banging sluts
>>
>>35624933
Depends on how hard you wanna go at it. It's very possible to go from 17 to 11% in 3 months if you go no-life mode.
>>
>>35624871
When will I curl 2,5pl8?
>>
>>35624871
Entirely too fat senpai.
>>
>>35624962
keep doing those barbell curls chump.
>>
Can I eat oats with a bit of milk 3 times a day?
If no, why not?
>>
>>35624934
Learn to read.
He's simply saying the slut quality will be higher.
>>
File: tumblr_mi0fqnpgmd1s5qw8jo1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mi0fqnpgmd1s5qw8jo1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x333
>>35625064
The question is, why aren't you eating oats with milk and a scoop of scoop 3 times a day?
>>
File: 1362942180378.png (9 KB, 405x344) Image search: [Google]
1362942180378.png
9 KB, 405x344
So after a year of not going to the gym because of back injury, I tried lifting again last week.

My back hurt but it was not the usual kind of pain from my back injury (crushing/compression feeling).

It was more like my erectors are shaking and in pain because I can't move the weight.

Will I be fine? weight was around 40lbs (not including the bar lol). I know it's lightweight but small steps.
>>
>>35624961
I already have no-life mode: Uni study-Gym-Sleep-Repeat

I don't have social life since social life in Barcelona, Spain, means go out and drink in bars.
>>
>>35625169
go lighter and work your way up slowly
>>
>>35623456
Your legs consume a lot of oxygen and they're the largest muscles in your body. Eat something salty to get your blood pressure up before you lift (can of diet soda?)
>>
>>35622220
post pics
>>
>>35624247
Shave, you look like a scrub and your color is uneven.
>>
>>35625206
I see. Thanks.

Also can I get some pointers or mental queues on how to do the negative of a deadlift? Kinda keep fucking it up and moving the weight forward
>>
What other exercises work the same muscles, just as hard as deadlifts?

Fucked up some shit and now I can't do deadlifts for a few months.

Gonna miss them :(
>>
1. How can I tell if I have tendinitis or a muscular problem? I'm guessing it's tendinitis just because it's near to the joint, not by the bulk of the muscle

2. Supposing I have tendinitis (it would be near my left medial colateral ligament if that's the case), I keep reading it just needs rest. Does that mean I shouldn't do anything that aggravates it? Or should I not do anything at all with my knees, even if it doesn't hurt? Is stretching it and foaming rolling it still ok?

I'm not going to go to a Dr unless if I have to, because I just happened to go for a slew of other things and can't be bothered.
>>
>>35622220
higher bp = bigger flacid.
>>
>>35625079

There are a lot of women 25+ on there not interested in pump and dumps.

I've got a load of matches that are more interested in proper mod/long-term dating than a quick fuck. I'm 30 though, if I were still in my early 20s I 'd be matching club sluts just to tear up some hole.
>>
>>35625422

Back hypers, good mornings, front and OH squat to a certain extent.

OH squat is a great one because it trains mobility and core stability at relatively low loads.
>>
what kind of form of soda the worst for you, normal, diet or Zero? (stopped drinking red bull and now trying to stop drinking soda but meanwhile this)
>>
>>35622252
Yes
>>
If I put creatine in my oats, will that affect its efficacy?
>>
>>35625441
is this true?
>>
AM I SUPPOSED TO TENSE MY SHOULDERS AND ARMS WHEN I DO A PUSHUP?

I'M TUCKING MY ARMS BUT MY SHOULDERS STILL HURT
>>
I have a sleep formula pill that I take at least once a week. Here are the ingredients:

Valerian: 300 mg L-Theanine: 200 mg Gamma-aminobulryic acid: 250 mg 5-HTP: 250 mg. Melatonin: 2 mg.

Will I go through withdrawals if I stop taking it?

But, all that stuff is in a serving size of 2 capsules. I only take one.
>>
>>35625760
why not try it?
>>
>>35625800

What if I go through withdrawals?

It's stronger than the stuff I used to take. I had to change because it was no longer being made.
>>
>>35625834
if you want to quit using it then stop using. why not first slim down to .5 capsule and after a while slim down even more until you feel like you don't need to take it.
>>
>>35625848

But like I said, the serving size is 2 capsules. I only take one. So, I just divide the amount in half, right?
>>
>>35625867
you don't want to use them right? so lay them down cold turkey or keep halving it
>>
>>35625977

No, I mean I take one whole one.

The problem is it has more melatonin and that kind of stuff than the stuff I used to take.
>>
File: friendly australian man.png (31 KB, 321x309) Image search: [Google]
friendly australian man.png
31 KB, 321x309
tried asking this last thread but are there Ausfags here? Is $8 a good price for a kg of boneless Pork leg? Kinda new to counting calories and getting my own food.
>>
File: 1451622315049.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1451622315049.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
Should I work out first for 6 months and get babbys first gains before taking creatine to boost my progress? Or can I take creatine immediately? I've lifted now for about a month. I'm not new to lifting though, I did Arnold's golden six for about half a year but stopped working out for another 6-7 months. I guess I started with the wrong program, now doing SS and I think it feels better to start with.
>>
How do I make BCAA powder + Water not taste like toxic shit?
>>
>>35626127
Can't think of anything that speaks against that
>>
Am I falling for a meme here? Eating no bread while cutting? Is naan bread okay
>>
>>35626138
Buy flavoured BCAAs the next time.

>>35626144
If you are American stop eating bread because you're basically eating shit. If you're not American there is no problem eating bread.
>>
>>35626143
Ok thanks, I read a finnish "muscle doctor" (kek) blog and this guy suggested that only start creatine when you've worked out for 6 months or you stall. But I guess I'll just try it now.
>>
>>35626186
There's so much meme floating around about creatine. I've been taking it since I started lifting, no side effects and no hair loss
>>
>>35622220
Is Protein World's muscle stack any good?
>>
>>35626164
>Buy flavoured BCAAs the next time.

uuughhh
>>
>>35623456

Sounds like you learned to squat with poor form.

You are more than likely performing a Good Morning motion more than a squat. Correct this immediately.

Pinch shoulderblades tight. Bar rests on the mound of meat your pinched blades has created. "High" or "proud" chest but neutral spine - at ALL points within the lift. Stop lowering the bar once your spine is forces out of the neutral zone (yes its not a 1-shape strict S-curve - there's some minor flex to it).

And do your godamn stretches. You're too tight.
>>
File: 084.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>35626271
>I am too much of a pussy to chug down unflavoured bcaas
>How to change the taste of bcaas
>"How about flavoured BCAAs?"
>Uuuugh no way are you stupid
>>
>>35623068
I started lifting in september and I can already Ohp 110 lbs, bench 160 lbs, Squat 230 lbs and diddy 280 lbs. I've been on a deficit the whole time going from 230 lbs to 175 lbs as of now. I started on SL but I just switched to ICF 5x5 a few weeks ago
>>
>>35623456
>>35626323

Oh and grip width on squats doesnt matter - you grip it as close to you as possible AS LONG AS it doesn't fuck with any other part of your form. Yes you hold yhe bar in place MINORLY and from rolling off your back but ideally your back would support it the full rom.
>>
>>35624337
If you are new to lifting (under a year) I would say to eat those extra 500 calories on your lifting days only just to fuel your work out a bit more. If your protien is in check you shouldn't lose any muscle and may gain some noob gains. At the worst you will waste your noob gains replacing the muscle that your body has cannibalized over your diet. I've been on a 1200kcal a day diet for the past 5 months to lose 70 lbs. I've had my body scanned twice and I've gain 4 pounds of muscle since I started. I know that isn't alot but it's better than losing it.
>>
>>35625169
if any of your t's suffered a compression fracture or dislocation at all, your stabilization muscles literally pick up the slack. Do not even lift a weight greater than half bodyweight and put it on your back. Your stabilization chain has to recover and build up in possibly a completely new way. A great way to recover is simply crunches, reverse incline crunches in extremely low amounts, and doing back squats with just the bar. Your goal is to stress the back, not to push more weight or do more reps. Never ever go for heavy weight on anything if your back is feeling stressed after a spinal injury, because in most cases it, esp. After compression your "back muscles" become
Fatigued and start placing burdens and weight appropriation where they shouldn't.
>>
>>35625440
More info on where the pain is
>>
>>35625440
Age gender pain location
Bodyweight
Recent activities that are stressing the area
How long had this been going on
Do you wake up with sharp or dull pain
Do you take any medications on the daily
Does it hurt to stretch the area
Try to include these for anon
>>
File: 1421347689666.jpg (16 KB, 283x397) Image search: [Google]
1421347689666.jpg
16 KB, 283x397
>>35626535
I see.

I was lifting fine a year ago though, for around 6 months before I was diagnosed.

But I knew beforehand that I had something wrong with me since I have sciatica pain that travels downward to my right leg and knee.

My condition is concentric annular tear and disc degeneration on my L5-S1. The doctors always say these things are bad but recovery is doable.

But resting for one year is enough and my condition only worsened because lmao no exercises. This is why I decided to go back lifting.

Is this a smart move? I was better when I stopped and I'm worse right now.
>>
>>35622220
Blood flow is a little different so your donger is different.
>>
So /fit/ I've always done dumbell seated overhead press because I'm 6'5 and my gym ceiling is too low to do standing. Can easily do 24kg (48kg total) for 3x8 reps.

Today finally tried barbell standing overhead press. Form good I believe and only managed 35kg 3x5... why??
>>
>>35626817
It is going to burn and feel sore like a motherfucker. pain means stop fucking immediately. Listen to those muscles because they're what hold your back up. The spine is not some magical pole you're rigged to, it's the scaffolding your muscles use to stand you up and place weight on. Never do more than the bar until your back gets better. That being said, don't give up either. Expect a year under that same bar. Record yourself, everytime you do a set and make sure you aren't hyperextending either portion of your back, stay neutral. Straight as possible, that bar should have no horizontal movement, only vertical. IF you're overweight do not walk with anything other than perfect posture. That spine has to be proper. If you have a pot belly, I'm sorry, but if you don't lose it you will never get better. I see people everyday who walk while they're doing a weak pendlay row from a bad angle with a pot belly. Guess what? Back problems.
Godspeed
>>
>>35624467
It takes me 8+ hours to finish a bowl of whey, PB and oatz. Same if I do it with grits. I don't know why.
Vegetable soup is also a favorite of mine.
Hop on an ECA, if you aren't already.
>>
Why is my bench so poverty during SS but I'm making good gainz on Squats and DL? I get that you're typically supposed to stall faster on the upper body stuff but I can't seem to even get near 1plaet for bench even after deloading.

I weigh 145lbs and I've been increasing squat to 170lbs. Bench has been stuck at 95lbs for a while.
>>
Is there a point in continuing to do abs if im cutting.
I hit 4/3/2/1
>>
what should I take into consideration when making pre/post workout-meals?
>>
How will zinc supplement effect my cum?
>>
>>35628625
It may
>>
>>35628428
Yes
Use it or lose it especially when cutting
>>
>>35628410
You probably aren't squishing your back together on bench activating your clubs clavs or pecs
>>
File: 1447511577737.jpg (78 KB, 598x960) Image search: [Google]
1447511577737.jpg
78 KB, 598x960
What's best if I want 200g of proteins per day:

-40g of every 4 hours even before sleep
-50g every 4 hours and not so much before sleep

?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160115-111905.png (166 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160115-111905.png
166 KB, 1080x1920
How am I doing? Should I be putting on weight faster? I did the math, and if I keep gaining a pound a week I should hit my goal around mid April. I'm so fucking impatient.
>>
My weight fluctuates too much, and visually, I don't look like I've lost any. Is there a better way to accurately tell?
>>
>>35626544
>>35626571
I'm 27, female, weigh 51.0kg. My pain location is stated in the posting to be left medialcollateral ligament, so that's the inside of the left knee, though it's a bit higher up on the knee - sort of top inside corner. The activities that stress the area include skating, hockey, glute bridges if my legs are abducted, kneeing a pad for combat... I don't ever wake up with pain, the pain only comes when I use the muscle/tendon. I don't take any medications. Yes, stretching hurts as does foam rolling.
>>
>>35629024
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35629024
Pics
>>
how do i get my bench to go up fast? its my most lacking lift at 115lbs, should i do it 3x a week, but when am i going to OHP then? it takes me maybe 4 bench sessions to get it up.
85/115/185/235lbs
>>
Had fever on Wednesday and Thursday. Now I only have a sore throat, when is it OK to lift again?
>>
Can someone give me more information on explosive power? I'm doing Pendlay Rows and I really love them. How does explosive power differ from a slow squat or a slow row? Are there other explosive moves like Pendlay Rows? tyia
>>
>>35629024
I would examine your diet and tell you that pain is a bad sign. Stretch it everyday and try to take a break from activities that put it under explosive pressure, like side stepping quickly, hockey is probably something you should completely stop doing since it's completely dependent on that sideways motion. Make sure you're eating well while you recover, no lack of carbs or protein. Women are always watching their figure. I feel like I need to state you need to be on the positive side of the spectrum and gain weight during a recovery with no exception. Being said, it's fine if you only gain three pounds over your few months of recovery. But let's say you lost three pounds and got a little worse rather than recovered. It makes a huge difference. Eat what you need, treat it like a sore muscle, tendons take time to heal, especially so in athletes
>>
>>35629292
thanks for the advice - indeed I find myself perpetually cutting, so mb it's high time to reverse that.
>>
>>35629159
Do db rows with correct form slow as fuck before you get into bb
>>
Does fit know where I can buy prescription medicine?
Here's the thing, I lost my job and haven't had time due to school to apply for health insurance.

Anybody have experience with all day chemist? Want to buy some viagra to bang my girl really hard for Valentines, but I feel sketched out buying something for my dick online.

Also, I need medicine for my psorasis which is fucking up.
>>
>>35629149
It's fine to lift now
If you feel weak or hot stop
Don't get anyone else sick
Take caffiene beforehand
>>
>>35629139
You aren't using correct form
Do incline at multiple angles you should pinch your back on the bench and feel it in your pecs and clavicle head.
You probably feel it in your arms, elbow and in your back, all places that should never be site after bench
IF your chest isn't sore you are not benching
>>
My left glute hurts a lot after I did my most recent squats. Do I need to take a break? What could this be?
>>
Why don't fitness gipsys tell you that getting good obliques makes your core look awesome?

Like I had been lifting for a few months and I felt like I just had big arms & quads.

Start doing obliques and, holy fuck, I feel like Arnie.
>>
>>35628875
.5 lbs a week is ideal, a pound a week is more fat than muscle. Try to be sore everyday and meet your protein and carb needs. That being said, weight gain is good on fit
>>
>>35628806
Overthinking it
Do either for gains
>>
>>35628994
Learn how to use a caliper, I guess
The scale is not a liar
>>
>>35627735
You already know why. You just told us.
>>
>>35629357
bump
>>
>>35629400
I think I pulled my ass muscle. This fucking sucks I love squatting.
>>
>>35629405
What do you do for Obliques? Need to fill out my sides
>>
>>35629542

If I wanted to exercise my sides, I'd ask for your 1RMs
>>
>>35622220
I noticed a similar effect from taking l argine
>>
>>35629572
haw haw haw havent hurd that one in 3 hours
>>
>>35629572
Fresh meme for once in my life
>>
Been browsing /Fit for a while but I still cant find the actual name for SS. :/ help the newest faggo
>>
>>35629649
Starting strength you fucking sperglord
>>
File: 1451080871878.png (800 KB, 1375x650) Image search: [Google]
1451080871878.png
800 KB, 1375x650
Can I get nice hips by lifting? I know I can get a nicer butt, but I'd wish I could be more hourglass.
>>
>>35629667
Get a nice butt through lifting and bulk until hips happen
>>
>>35625532
All. Fucking all. Phosphoric is terrifying
>>
>>35629712
>and bulk until hips happen
... but I'm already on the chubby side ;__;
>>
>>35629727
Lift until butt happens. If no hips by then, at least you have the butt :)
>>
>>35622255
i needed this
>>
>>35623640
Doing it now. Can't complain. Haven't been doing it long enough to see much visible improvements though.
>>
What routine would you recommend to a beginner looking for aesthetics over strength?
>>
>>35630568
Lift and lift heavy. Aesthetics is diet strength is lifting.
>>
File: 1444022367587.jpg (111 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444022367587.jpg
111 KB, 1080x1080
>>35629335
>before you get into bb
Before I get into the barbell?
>>
>>35625679
yes, tense your shoulder girdle: pull your shoulder blades down and back hard.
>>
Doing 5/3/1

Outside of ohp what movements seemed to have helped you with lagging delts. Asking for a friend :^)
>>
>>35622220
Why the fuck are there 3 QTDDTOT?
Second question:
I did SS for months now and my llifts went up pretty good. I want to switch to PPL now, but I can go to the gym just 5 times a week. Can I do push and pull 2 times a week and legs just one time?
>>
File: wwlink.png (37 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
wwlink.png
37 KB, 184x184
Having some weird shit go down. I've been bulking for like a year on 3250 cals, and about a week ago switched to a 2500 cal cut. While bulking I was severely stagnating for MONTHS. Could not gain another pound. Now, since starting my cut, my weight is a record high.
I'm counting calories exactly the same way, and regardless if the absolute values are wrong, I'm gaining with 750 less than I ever could before. Why the fuck did I suddenly balloon in weight? I'm eating the same shit, just less.
>>
>>35632239
I like to super set my incline curls with rear delt flies, or DB curls with lat raises.
Facepulls are also great.

If you find benching isn't hitting your front delts well enough, you could try pressing with a closer grip, or cable front raises.
>>
>>35632602
Are you eating different foods now?
Lower fat, higher carbs?
>>
What are some shoulder exercises that only use one shoulder at a time? My right is much weaker than my left and it's badly affected my OHP.
>>
>>35629400
Get a lacrosse ball, and learn how to massage and stretch your glutes. Everything else too, while you're at it.
>>
>>35629357
Lurk /fraud/ for a while. Or just ask about where to get boner pills.
For the psoriasis, try a bleach bath.
>>
>>35626138
Cream, Milk, Peanut butter, fruit
>>
File: 1448485063724.png (587 KB, 625x918) Image search: [Google]
1448485063724.png
587 KB, 625x918
>>35622255
you spent all that time writing something noone found funny, whew
>>
>>35624537
the fuck are you on about meme foods? meme implies its not true you fucking dimwit. if it works its not a meme
>>
>>35624603
creatine causes a lot of water retention, and it replaces your bodies creatine production

its similar to steroids except neither the gains nor the after effects are as large
>>
File: 1451691257829.png (615 KB, 845x450) Image search: [Google]
1451691257829.png
615 KB, 845x450
I bought a tub of Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 and Amplified Mass XXX, and am looking into some other brands. I normally take 1 scoop of the protein every day, +1 more on workout days, and 2 scoops of the Mass Gainer just on workout days. The mass gainer helps, as I tend to eat a lot in one sitting, but I'm not used to steadily eating throughout the day.

Should I stick with hydrolized/isolate wheys? Does it make that big of a difference? Recommended mass gainers based on nutritional quality/price? What brands are your favorites?

I'm 5'8, I hover between 143-148 now (was at 135~ when I started a few months ago), not a lot of body fat, trying to put on 10~ more pounds.

Doing the stronglifts 5x5 Tu/Th/Sa right now and still seeing stead games.

(I tried GoMAD. I dislike endless milk-shits.)
>>
>>35634124
just make sure it has a wide amino-acid composition. Ive never had mass gainer, Ive never needed it so know fuck all about it.

However Im questioning why you need both brotein shakes and mass gainer? whats up with your diet?
>>
File: GNC_Amplified_Mass_XXX-Label.png (398 KB, 880x791) Image search: [Google]
GNC_Amplified_Mass_XXX-Label.png
398 KB, 880x791
>>35634292
The protein shakes are about 20 grams of protein, and I take a maximum of 2 scoops of the mass gainer mostly just to be drinking some extra calories, and for the carbs/extra bit of protein. I work 6 days a week at pretty active jobs, bike to and from work, workout 3 times a week, and do a few hours of a physical combat sport 2 times a week. I don't have a crazy big appetite, so it seemed like it could help fit some extra calories into meals.

I might also be wrong and/or retarded. I'm not experienced enough to rule anything out.
>>
>>35626334
not that anon but

problem: have gross food that i want to eat.
question: how to make food less gross

answer: buy different food

??? tf u expect u unhelpful ho
>>
File: death soup.jpg (1009 KB, 2736x1824) Image search: [Google]
death soup.jpg
1009 KB, 2736x1824
>>35622255
Redditn as fuck brew
>>
>>35629727
then lose weight lmao

you're not gonna build muscle without a caloric surplus. at least not at any rate you care about

lose weight through cardio+lifting and deal with being weak for a few months (and probably getting weaker). eat protein to maintain the little shape you have, and then start bulkin up at whatever rate feels comfortable and shows results in the mirror

also hourglass figures come partially from bone structure, but if you're fat, you're probably holding a large amount of fat in your organs, under your ribs, which is widening your core

as you lower your body fat (NOT the same as losing weight, you need to have a better muscle/fat ratio), your waist will get smaller.

other than that you can avoid prioritizing core exercises. Should be ass>hams>quads>lats>calves
>>
>>35631200
body building
>>
>>35634533
>not that anon but
>problem: have gross food that i want to eat.
>question: how to make food less gross
>answer: get a different flavour of the exact same food next time
>??? tf u expect u unhelpful ho
>>
>>35632602
assuming the food you're eating is the same, then you're just burning less calories. up your cardio.

do this for 2 weeks and track everything. every meal, every exercise. everything. write this shit down. if after 2 weeks you're still gaining weight, see a doctor. you have a serious health issue
>>
>>35634582

explain how this helps that anon make their current food less gross

"I'm struggling in a class"
"take a different class"

your advice avoids the problem, but doesn't solve it
>>
>>35633363
Anything dumbbell.
Unilateral cable/machine exercises.

>>35628507
Doesn't matter a ton post workout, eat however you feel will fit in with your meal patterns.

Pre workout, some people do fine on an empty stomach, others benefit from a small meal sometime shortly before lifting. Do whichever you prefer.
>>
What would you guys say is the dumbbell equivalent of 2 pl8s bench?
>>
>>35634719
100lbs
>>
Is cardarine natty?
>>
recently became lactose intolerant

was able to drink a gallon of milk easily

now a cup or 2 will give me the runs

what do?
>>
>>35635122
Try out lactaid or whatever, and/or try lactose free milk. Like Fairlife or kroger's carbmaster.
>>
>>35635027
Reps that low aren't entirely optimal for muscle gains, 1-3 is generally more for cns gains, obviously muscle gains will occur, but not as much as your body adapting to recruit more motor units in a short amount of time
>>
>>35624913
mfw no pets, dont travel and only hobby gym
>>
>>35628875
chillaxe man u doing great
>>
A trainer at the gym has been telling me that the best way to train is to do working sets, and then immediately do double the amount of sets with 50% weight.

If I were doing Squats, I'd do 1x5 300, then immediately do 1x10 150.

If I were doing curls, I'd do 1x8 30, then immediately do 1x16 15.

He claims this causes even more microtears, since the muscle has already been strained, and so what would normally be light weight endurance reps turn into hypertrophy and strength reps.

This smells of bullshit. Is this bullshit?
>>
>>35635574
Every pt has their own snake oil bullshit advice thing. 99% of these are just from their own personal training experience
>>
What is the 1/2/3/4 for woman lifters?
That is, what is a reasonable and balanced goal for an absolute beginner lifting sporadically for the first year or two.
>>
>>35623068
It's possible, but you'll have to work hard.
>>
Why do I feel pain in my right testicle when doing vacuums?
Anyone else experimented discomfort or something?
>>
i'm pretty hopeless atm since no one can ever give me a straight answer to this. So i went anorexic near the end of high school in 2014 and ever since have been eating around under 1,000 cals a day to cut but i feel like my bodies in starvation mode due to lack of energy, sex drive, etc. and i could be burning more muscle than fat. Is there any way to fix my metabolism for good because as soon as i up my calories even a little i a gain weight fast. will doing a 500 mg weekly testosterone cycle for 8 weeks be enough to kick my metabolism back into gear and build enough muscle so that it stays fast in the long run?
>>
>>35638167
Stop being retarded.
If you don't eat enough starting a cycle will not fix anything. If you have been eating 1000/day for two years and staying the same weight you are either a skeleton that needs to gain weight, or you can't count for shit.
>>
>>35638939
nah i've been lifting in the process and now have a body that resembles the methhead from gta 5, not alot of fat but not alot of muscle. I was just wondering since i have been lifting the whole time and mentally perfected my training/diet would hopping on some test help me take my training to the next level and cure this fucked up metabolism?
>>
What does /fit/ think of elliptical? I don't much care for machines, but my knees are too delicate for lots of running and there's no nearby swimming pool.
>>
Is there an ab exercise that is not boring or shitty?
>>
File: 1451416592915.jpg (83 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1451416592915.jpg
83 KB, 700x400
>>35622220
Does the tinytrip push/pull do good with a power clean instead of a normal clean?
>>
I started exercising my groin/inner upper thighs over the last few days and the pain has been so bad but only for today?
The pain in around my groin is weakening and the bone that connects the leg to the hip is still sore.
I am a noob lifter please help
>>
>>35627735
because you haven't done it before and your form isn't as good as you think you shithead
>>
Im trying to budget my fitness expenses. Gym, food, shoes, etc.

Does anyone have any expenses they can share on a month or yearly basis? Thanks
Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.