[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why dont I feel anything in my chest when I bench?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: eQ20E.jpg (82 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
eQ20E.jpg
82 KB, 384x313
Why dont I feel anything in my chest when I bench?
>>
bench is mostly for triceps. You need curls for chest
>>
grip width, not pausing at the bottom, disproportionately strong triceps

all possible answers
>>
btw, pic related its me
>>
>>35621672

I don't feel it anywhere when I bench. If anything gets sore, it's upper arms, never chest.
>>
>>35621672
That's normal, if you wanna feel the bern do dips nagga.
>>
>>35621702
same
>>
Never feel shit when I do any kind of chest exercises. Well, maybe flys with overextended ROM
>>
>>35621672
Do inclines
>>
>>35621672
You feel it where you're weak, dumbass.
>>
Because the prime mover is your anterior deltoid
>>
>>35621672
Do incline dumbbell flies and control the negative. Good shit. Also you could try flaring your elbows more on flat bench.
>>
>>35621672
flat bench equals flat chest

do chest dips and cable flies for dem perky tits
>>
Learn to use your chest faggot
>>
>>35622009
>Implying the anterior debt is capable of moving 300lb

Gr8 be m8
>>
>>35623894
*delt

Damn auto correct fucking my shitposting up
>>
>>35621672
it's because you're dead inside
>>
>>35621672
Let me guess, you feel it in your shoulders? Bring the bar down under your chest, not your neck.

Kpeaceoutbye
>>
I always feel sore in my back after "heavy" benching.
>>
>>35623976
Laying over the incline bench on your stomach and pulling the bar up from under the bench is not how you bench press
>>
>>35623976

That happens.
>>
>>35621672

use the pec deck nigga.

ignore what dyel shitheads say about it (its bad for your shoulders! i heard it from mens health! and bodybuilding.com!)
>>
>>35623982
What? I'm talking flat bench and I always try to make the bar touch at the beginning of my sternum
>>
>>35621672
tear apart the barbell on the way down, pause and think about squeezing your arms together on the way up.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/benching-with-the-pecs.html/
>>
>>35621672
Do more reps
>>
File: facefinger.png (54 KB, 628x491) Image search: [Google]
facefinger.png
54 KB, 628x491
>>35621683
>bench is mostly for triceps. You need curls for chest
forgot leg press
>>
>>35623894
Greek?
>>
>>35623960
won't it screw up the shoulders tho?
>>
>>35621672
Pick up more weight.
>>
>>35624292
Bro finger man needs to stay on memecenter baka desu
>>
Widen your grip, and don't bounce your lift.
>>
Let me guess you do full ROM? That's the problem, when you do full ROM, it's mainly your triceps and shoulders.

Ever see dudes benching with their feet on the bench and mainly doing half ROM? That's because from when you press the weight off your chest and get about halfway back up, that's all your chest handles. The rest of the way is tris and delts.

So what I recommend is do half ROM when pressing back up from your chest. Do high reps and incorporate pausesome after that, you'll feel it in your chest. Apparently, putting your feet on the bench activates chest more. However, I wouldn't recommend it when going 80% up.
>>
>>35621672
You could be over tucking.
http://www.strengtheory.com/why-you-should-not-tuck-your-elbows-benching/
read this.
If you over tuck, your elbows end up in front of the bar, and also to close to your chest. You turn the movement into basically a skull crusher, with a bit of delt in there.
You tuck on the way down, but you have to actually flare(to get vertical elbows) on the way up.
>>
>>35621672
Just squeeze chest when you bench
>>
>>35626994
Not OP, but ty for that, that helps
>>
Retract your fucking scapula. Jesus Christ it sure smells new in here.
>>
>>35628116
I do this but it still feels like i just get a numb chest and my arms/delts wear out before chest

I think it's cause I benched too close-grip
for about a year and my triceps are bigger than chest ;-;
>>
>>35628116
>I'm better cause i've been here longer

Thanks for your valuable input friend :^)
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.