[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planet Fitness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: logo.png (15 KB, 177x191) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
15 KB, 177x191
Is it as bad as people say? I only want to use it for cardio and use weights at home because I heard their free weights suck
>>
Only bad thing about it is there is no bench or squat rack you just gotta use s smith machine
>>
Good place for cardio, shit for everything else. If it works for your fitness goals, do it.
>>
Just run outside? I'd never pay money to do cardio when i can do that anywhere lol
>>
>>35619274
Its great if all you wanna do is look good. But if you wanna actually build strength then don't go there. Theyre only ten bucks a month.
>>
File: jjjews.jpg (20 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
jjjews.jpg
20 KB, 439x290
>>35621084
so its useless
>>
>>35621234
>run outside
>traffic, other people, dangerous neighborhoods
>freezing in winter
>hot as fuck in summer

Thanks, I'll pay extra for comfort and safety.

I'll pay a little
>>
>>35619274
I think planet fatness is suitable for cardio bunnies who's goal isn't about building serious mass with using heavy ass bangin weights so I think you'll be fine in there honestly. It'll suck when you change your mind down the road and decided to lift seriously.
>>
Planet fitness cost me maybe $150 for the entire year
Other gym here would be ~$700

I want to make my noob gains without breaking my wallet...
>>
OP i just started working on there about 3 weeks ago and its not really a gym for body building but its the only 24hr gym in my town and my body is shit so any gains is better than no gains for now
>>
>>35621643
You can't do anything over two plate. I know you're a noon but you can squat two plate in like three months if you're semi serious
>>
>>35621855
Yeah. Just looking up other gyms in my area. There's a Snap Fitness but idk anything about them. 24/7 gym though so that seems pretty fucking good
>>
OP here. There's also an LA Fitness opening soon, they are more expensive ($30 a month) but it seems like it might be worth it more.
>>
>>35619274

I had a membership with them for two months and went four times a week. They wouldn't let me deadlift or OHP. Most people never wiped down equipment and it was full of people using benches to talk on their phones and take selfies. The staff was nice except for the franchise owner who was an absolute prick when I wanted to cancel (corporate had to force him to terminate my contract). The whole pizza and bagels thing is true. The dumbbells only went up to 60lbs and all of the barbells were static weight up to 120lbs. It wasn't conducive to making gains. I work out at a power lifting / bodybuilding gym now. I feel like I could grow just from secondhand test alone. The only thing I even miss is the climate control, but cold makes for a good preworkout anyway.
>>
depends on the gym location you stupid fucks

diff gym will have diff managers
>>
>>35622685
The location doesn't matter when they all hand out free pizza
>>
>>35619274
Just go outside and run, Jesus.
>>
>>35619274
>Is it as bad as people say?
There's a reason they call it 'Planet Fatness'. It will suck the soul right out of you.
>>
Why are you so fucking autistic? You're using it for cardio. I've done 90 minute running sessions there in a tank top and shorts. No one's ever sounded the lunk alarm... and I make a lot of noise on the treadmill. If you're worried about anything worry about punks. It's cheap so it attracts niggers and teenagers.
>>
>>35619274
If you have space I'd recommend just saving up for a stationary bike/elliptical for home.
>>
>>35621588
Gaaaaahhhhhhyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>35621947
>Snap Fitness
LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!
>>
File: feature_news1.png (263 KB, 612x478) Image search: [Google]
feature_news1.png
263 KB, 612x478
>>35623979
>making noise on a treadmill

U wot m8
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.