[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many grams of whey do you guys use and how many times per
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: muhmug.png (413 KB, 454x589) Image search: [Google]
muhmug.png
413 KB, 454x589
How many grams of whey do you guys use and how many times per day?

I just read that, after a workout, using ~40g doesn't have any benefit over using ~20g. Have I been wasting muh whey?
>>
>>35617306

I meant grams of protein, not the grams of whey powder
>>
>>35617306
>use
Ugh
>>
>>35617306

16 scoops every 3 minutes
>>
atleast 100g
>>
>>35617306
thats a meme op
Your body doesnt just throw away any excess protein, it still synthesises it (provided all the other variables are in check), it just stores it til its done processing what it's doing now
>>
Use it post and pre. Eating dem proteens is important post workout, but after 20g the benifits are negligible if even there. However, if you use whey to reach your protein intake for the day, then really you can eat it whenever. 3 scoops post workout wouldn't do any damage and would give you the benefit of eating lots of protein, but there would be no amplified benefit of eating it directly after workout.

TLDR eat it whenever the fuck you want and no you're not wasting it
>>
>>35617606
>synthesizes
the body catabolizes proteins into amino acids before protein synthesis

>stores it
Where does the body store excess protein? I understand that sugar is stored as glycogen, and fats are stored as triglycerides, but what exactly is protein stored as/in?
>>
3 preoteins per day
>>
File: protons.png (83 KB, 420x301) Image search: [Google]
protons.png
83 KB, 420x301
>>35617306
I take protein as a strength athlete does
Only get about 30 get from whey though. Whole food is best food
>>
>>35617827
Can anyone explain this chart?
>>
>>35617306

>whey
>not casein

enjoy taking in protein that absorbs so fast even a heavy steroid user can't completely utilize it.
>>
>>35617606
>your body stores excess protein

outside of protein synthesis no it fucking doesn't
>>
>>35618468
Source
>>
>>35618234
No.
>>
>>35617306
2 Scoops per day (24g each scoop), reccomended usage is 1 scoop though.
>>
>>35618234
RDA - recommended daily allowance
EA - endurance athletes
SA - Strength athletes
>>
1 scoop a day with all my supps if bulking
2 or 3 if cutting
>>
No whey, you gotta eat real food and have snack cookies/special k goddammit
>>
>>35618646
So I need 120 protons for the best results. Good, thanks
>>
>>35618468
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah w-what? get a grip on reality
>>
>>35618234
it basically says that even for athletes training for strength, there is no increased protein synthesis beyond what you get by eating approx 1 g/kg bodyweight. It is even less for endurance athletes, and less again for non-athletes.

The important thing is that this is roughly half of what protein companies tell you to eat, which is about 1 g/lb. Some people will claim that it's 1 g/lb lean body mass, but unless you are the fattest of the fat, that weight difference will still be smaller than the difference in your weight when using different units.

If I recall correctly, this graph is from a paper that studied "elite" athletes as well. I don't know what "elite" was in that study, but I promise it only applies to about 5 people on this board: you can get just fine results by eating less.

tl;dr - don't fall prey to the 1 g protein/lb body weight scam. 1 g protein/kg body weight is likely more than enough.
>>
>>35617306
You're still digesting it either way you fucking idiot. Take as much as your macros necessitate.
>>
>>35617306
Youre the same faggot from the gay price of milk vs price of whey thread last night arent you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.